COMODO System Cleaner 1.1.63712.27 released! [CLOSED]

Hello,

COMODO System Cleaner 1.1.63712.27 has been released!Yes, this is a public release but you will not find it on the website until Tuesday. We have added new features that we hope you will find useful.
As always, your feedback will be highly appreciated.

What’s new?

• Power Buttons - on the main CSC interface you will be able to find the power buttons you asked for so long(please check the Settings before use);
  • Duplicate files has now two modes: Simple Scan and Advanced Scan - simple stands for files that are usually big(music files, movies, images);
  • Now it works on 120 dpi;

Known Issues:

• At the moment REGISTRY PROTECTION feature protects only SYSTEM and SOFTWARE hives.

Bug Reports:

Please use https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_system_cleaner_fileregistryprivacy_cleaner/comodo_system_cleaner_116371227_bug_reports-t34137.0.html to report your bugs. Our moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the devs.

Download Locations:

Setup for Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 2003 Server 32-bit, Windows XP 32-bit and Windows 2000 SP4:

URL: [url=http://doownload.comodo.com/csc/download/setups/CSC_Setup_1.1.63712.27_2k_xp_vista_server2003_x32.exe]http://download.comodo.com/csc/download/setups/CSC_Setup_1.1.63712.27_2k_xp_vista_server2003_x32.exe[/url]
Size: 4.45 MB (4,667,176 bytes)
MD5: 60B9EDE8E25C214585D8987444CB3132
SHA1: AB1CD8EF113B8180131B5519DF09EF6FAC188A80

Setup for Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows 2003 Server 64-bit and Windows XP 64-bit:

URL: [url=http://doownload.comodo.com/csc/download/setups/CSC_Setup_1.1.63712.27_xp_vista_server2003_x64.exe]http://download.comodo.com/csc/download/setups/CSC_Setup_1.1.63712.27_xp_vista_server2003_x64.exe[/url]
Size: 4.80 MB (5,042,816 bytes)
MD5: 6D2A84545079C86C8DB45D56AC55EEA9
SHA1: C0418154737C90FE601DA5C23FBEA9CCE786C3AA

Another time : Great work Develops team. Each time again, you surprise us !

Xan

Good work Andrei and dev team, will it try (again) ;D when I get off work tonight… :-TU
Cheers :■■■■
Xman (:KWL)

Hello,

Thank you. I cannot wait to get your feedback.

So if this version is “good”, will it be released to the public as a standard release?

Yes.

• powerclean :-TU
  • Is it possible to let powerclean automaticly clean everything for you so you won’t have to click next everytime ?
  • When using the 100% safe way, why destroy the repair data right after rebooting ? I would prefer to keep it in case of emergency
  • can the moving dots be change to = Scanning (+moving dots behind it ?)
  • After powerclean why is the necessairy reboot there ?
  • CSR crashes when opening it, I’ll try to copy and paste the log later, but I’m not able to copy paste it ??? I’ll try screenshotting it, here’s a file it attached in attachement (pretty confusing :))
  • Can it be possible that the safe way isn’t directly asked after reboot ? But some days later when you’re 100% sure that it’s safe to delete the files ?

Xan

[attachment deleted by admin]

this is the version that has 100% safe deletion.
This patent pending technology will always let you get back to where it was before the cleaning, just in case…

No other cleaner offers that to my knowledge and its a patent pending technology from Comodo to you our users!

Melih

I’m not too knowledgeable in patents…does that mean that no one else can use that “100%” safe restore method?

Hooray!) Thanks to dev team for a great work!

yes. they should not use it.

To my knowledge, there is no other cleaner who can reverse back in time the changes. Which makes our Cleaner safest cleaner in the world

Melih

Hi Melih, well as I said to Andrei I’d try (again) once I got home and Kudos! It works great! Slight issue after a registry scan removal of 570 errors followed by a Power Clean after the registry clean reboot and check, after the Power Clean reboot I got a BSOD with a BAD_POOL_CALLER error saying…
STOP:0x00000040, 0x00000000, 0x800000000, 0x00000000 I shutdown my system and restarted and no BSOD followed, I got in clean and everything’s cool, go figure ??? Anyhow my computer is faster and snappy, good stuff! I’m sure this minor error will be corrected in the near future, but main thing here is, no harm done!
Excellent work Comodo all in all :-TU :-TU
Cheers :■■■■
Xman 8)

Great work, Andrei & team! Very nice to see you release such a nice piece of software. I’m VERY happy with the power clean button(s)!

I see you have settings for each application in a variety of .ini files and .dat files. That’s fine with me, the important thing is that we can backup the settings by copying these files. I’m curious though: What’s COMODO System CleanerCWTGM.dat all about? It’s not even in the Program Files\COMODO\System Cleaner folder, but in the [u]Program Files\COMODO[/u] folder?

Thank you very much! All I really miss now is this (VERY useful I think). :a0

+1 for the THIS, LA
Xman 8)

+1, this is desirable :-TU

+1, this is desirable :-TU

Is it there even if you uncheck the safe cleaning options?

Re: this post in which it said the following regarding the last beta:

“In the last BETA we use registry protection only for SYSTEM and SOFTWARE hive. So if the keys were located in the other hives(usualy not) we did not backed them up…In the next release… we will protect all hives.”

I just want to amke sure before I start deleting things…Does the registry protection in CSC 1.1.63712.27 protect ALL registry hives?
???

Hello,

Please check the Settings section. You can set it this way.

Makes sense - let’s see what we can do about this.

If you use SAFE DELETE or REGISTRY PROTECTION - Yes, it’s a must. It is the way this technology works.

Any information about this will be helpful. Please refer to BUG section.

We cannot allow this right now. This way you might want to clean again with SAFE DELETE, and we might get into a recursion. Anyway, this is something to think about it - stay assured we will.

Great, thanks.

Hello,

I am sorry, but no. We didn’t had enough time to properly test it. I hope to do this by Tuesday, once with the release on the website.

I have cleaned registry, privacy and disk without problems, without any dangerous effects. Great program. Kudos Comodo. One more excellent program from the stable of Comodo.

But, being proud user of CIS also, I wonder why CSC did not get registered in CIS, i.e. under Defense+ - Computer Security Policy, even though I was able to do the cleaning.As far as cleaning is concerned, I suppose since Comodo is mentioned as ‘trusted vendor’ Defense+ did not give me any alerts to its functioning. But, still, when CSC is able ‘clean’ why it did not show at all in ‘Computer Security Policy’ of CIS… I wonder!

(If CIS forum is the appropriate one to point out this, moderators may please move it there)