COMODO System Cleaner 1.1.63712.27 released! [CLOSED]

What if they used a 99% safe deletion technology. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: hehe.

Anyways, congrats on the final release of this.

Hello,

CSC is not in CIS. CSC is just fully digitally signed so I guess thatā€™s why CIS does not say anything about it.
The cleaning is done by each separate module: CPC/CRC/CDC ā€¦ maybe you should check for them in CIS.

Still a proper answer you should get on CIS forum.

I do understand that and since this is a COMODO product, I was not worried alsoā€¦ I was just wonderingā€¦ thats allā€¦ Any way, CSC is a great product.

Hello,

Well, they are both COMODO product but to be frank with you, we do not make each other favors like ā€œcould you please whitelist meā€ :). If you look at previous releases(BETA1 I think) you will find at ā€œKnown Issuesā€ section something like this: ā€œon some machines CIS might block SAFE DELETEā€¦ā€. The problem was that drivers were not properly signed. Once the problem was found we fixed it.

Thank you for bringing this into discussion.

ā€œIn the last BETA we use registry protection only for SYSTEM and SOFTWARE hive. So if the keys were located in the other hives(usualy not) we did not backed them upā€¦In the next releaseā€¦ we will protect all hives.ā€

Does the registry protection in CSC 1.1.63712.27 protect ALL registry hives?"

I think this should be posted in the release notes under ā€œknown issuesā€ - people may be deleting reg entries that they cannot restore.

Hey :wink:

Please check the Settings section. You can set it this way.
Sorry, I was unable to find it. I searched in Miscellaneous - settings, in the registry cleaner settings(+disk-, privacycleaner) but I couldn't find it. Where exactly should I look ?
Makes sense - let's see what we can do about this.
:)
If you use SAFE DELETE or REGISTRY PROTECTION - Yes, it's a must. It is the way this technology works.
Oh, it would have been nice if it would be like when installing security products. Afterwards it asks, reboot now or later...
Any information about this will be helpful. Please refer to BUG section.
Done
We cannot allow this right now. This way you might want to clean again with SAFE DELETE, and we might get into a recursion. Anyway, this is something to think about it - stay assured we will.
Another way would be to just save 1 version (the latest of course) so you can always go back to that one...

Greetings,

Xan