COMODO System Cleaner 1.1.61653.21 (major update) BETA released! [CLOSED]

Hello,

We are happy to announce that COMODO System Cleaner 1.1.61653.21 (major update) BETA has been released!

What’s new?

• You can now use SAFE DELETION (patent pending) feature which let’s you first test the consequences of any cleanup process, before actually delete the files. This CSC option is selected by default;

What was fixed

• Multiple bugs related to XP SP3;
  • Windows Update issue on Vista x64.

Known Issues:

• GUI issue in CTM when maximize.
  • When updating from previous version CSC will fail to load config file. PLEASE UNINSTALL OLD VERSION BEFORE INSTALLING THIS ONE!!!

Bug Reports:

Please use https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_system_cleaner_fileregistryprivacy_cleaner/comodo_system_cleaner_116165321_major_update_beta_bug_reports-t33379.0.html to report your bugs. Our moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the devs.

BETA NOTICE: This product is intended for special users (BETA Testers) who would like to join the testing process. It may contain major bugs that could cause serious problems and not be suitable for your everyday use yet. Please do not use it in your production machines.

Download Locations:

Setup for Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 2003 Server 32-bit, Windows XP 32-bit and Windows 2000 SP4:

download.comodo.com/csc/download/setups/CSC_Setup_1.1.61653.21_2k_xp_vista_server2003_x32_BETA.exe]http://download.comodo.com/csc/download/setups/CSC_Setup_1.1.61653.21_2k_xp_vista_server2003_x32_BETA
Size: 5.85 MB (6,144,864 bytes)
MD5: 50979C0CEAB3E5B170DBC6A963FCFC99
SHA1: 9B37195EAFCDC291A2AEFF6C62D870B93E8100E6

Setup for Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows 2003 Server 64-bit and Windows XP 64-bit:

download.comodo.com/csc/download/setups/CSC_Setup_1.1.61653.21_xp_vista_server2003_x64_BETA.exe]http://download.comodo.com/csc/download/setups/CSC_Setup_1.1.61653.21_xp_vista_server2003_x64_BETA
Size: 6.37 MB (6,683,208 bytes)
MD5: 0AAB52069C6C0492DC9A71A4AE035C1C
SHA1: 3FEEF0265523304A755C1B079E70D278951CCC67

Edit: Links to outdated product removed.

Welldone to the developers!

Now you have, first time ever, a System cleaning tool that is 100% safe to use! If for whatever reason your system is not happy with the cleaning… worry not… at next restart everything goes back to normal!

This is patent pending technology which will help us clean our PCs with no fear!

thanks
Melih

What is “CTM”? Comodo Time Machine? ???

Comodo Task Manager

Congrats to the Comodo Team.

Beautiful job! Well done!

Every issue I had in prior BETA’s has been resolved. XP Pro SP3

For those who will ask, Are we there yet? Is it safe for me to try?
For the prior versions I warned no no.

Now however I have to say Yes and Yes. With all due caution of course.
As with any app capable of making such alterations to your system.

Great job gang, did I say thanks.

Later

I’m delighted to say that it seems to work really nice. (:CLP)

Just one question and one comment at this point:

Q - Did I miss something or does Comodo Registry Cleaner not support the new feature? I was only offered to safely clean & reboot on disk- and privacy cleaning, not registry cleaning.

C - The little window you get after reboot, telling you that “now you can check if everything works”, might need some development. The first thing that I thought of was the possibility to properly minimize the window so you can hide it for a while (taskbar or tray, I’m not sure which one would be the best), check for problems and then apply. Now you can only leave the window open on the desktop.

Thanks. :comodorocks:

Great Release! Well done.

Cheers,
Josh

So by default the cleaning is safe. After restart everything is back to normal. But how to get it permanent?

You just click Finalize at the window/box that appears after reboot. That’ll make it permanent. Or you revert by clicking Restore (I think they called it “restore”, don’t exactly remember).

Yes, Restore Files.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ah, thx for confirming. And by the way, to be 100% clear, that box is the one I’d like to see some improvement in:

Bad release, bad done, unsatisfactory.
New bugs added to stable version.
You forgot:

• Silent driver installation added for safe deletion. (And then may cause bsod)

CRC.exe and unins000.exe are not signed. :-\

I think I got a BSOD. I honestly don’t know since I’ve only got it one time before in my whole life.

What happened was; I cleaned, rebooted, pressed “Finalize” and then some screen flashed (this was the BSOD?) for fractions of a second. Then the machine automatically rebooted again, and it was back to normal. Don’t know if the cleaning was actually performed though, as the problem occured when I pressed “Finalize”.

Happened to me too, but my computer did not reboot, so I saw the BSOD.

Then one can wonder if the cleaning was actually performed - was FINALIZE effective… :THNK

Happens to me too. Only there was no difference between Finalize or cancel. Both had BSOD

Hm, U2? Maybe we should make a bug report out of this… I might check back later and post something.

Happened again, reboot, the box appears, FINALIZE, blue screen (BAD_POOL_CALLER) again. Reboot, the box appears, Restore Files, blure screen. Rebooted in safe mode, deleted the autorun registry key. :frowning: I guess my flies are not deleted? :-\

By the way, Andrei, have you fixed the lost-favourites-bug/feature?

https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_system_cleaner_fileregistryprivacy_cleaner/favorites_subfolders_empty_after_using_privacy_cleaner-t33601.0.html

That’s a pretty serious issue I think, there are several users who lost their favourites. I don’t know whether it’s a bug or some kind of feature, but I guess it’s worth improving in either case.

Thanks.