Comodo stopping me from using Texmod

So I use Texmod (which can be downloaded at the Bioware Social Network site here: BioWare Social Network) to run the mods I like for both Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, and I have never had a problem running it until now. I haven’t played ME2 in a while and I’m almost near the end of the game, so I felt like playing it again. However, my antivirus has a problem with it suddenly and won’t let me run the game through it.

I’m able to open up Texmod fine, select my desired mods, etc., but when I select the Run button at the bottom, the program will crash for a second (with the “Not Responding” text at the top), then I get an alert from Comodo telling me about a Malicious File and asks me if I want someone from Geek Squad to help me clean it (to which I decline and say I’ll deal with it myself), and I get that “D’oh!” error message Texmod gives me when something goes wrong, while Comodo alerts me that a malicious file has been quarantined. When I try using Texmod with the first ME game, I get the same problem.

I went into the Advanced settings and added Texmod into Excluded Paths/Applications, as well as adding it as a Firewall exception, but I’m still getting the same problem. I even deleting Texmod and re-downloading it from BSN to see if that would fix it, but I get the same thing. I don’t understand why I’m getting this problem now, as Comodo (which I’ve always had on this computer) has never had a problem with me using it in the past.

Hi FreckledGriffin,
May you please share SHA-1 of the file?

You can upload to virus total and share link.

Thanks
-umesh

I don’t know what a SHA-1 file is or even where to find it. :')

please upload file to:

and provide resultant link.

Thanks
-umesh

Thanks, team will review if this is false-positive or true detection.

Hi,
Team has fixed this false-positive.

Please update Antivirus database to latest version 27641 or higher.

Thanks
-umesh

I just updated the database, but I’m still getting the exact same problem. :frowning:

Hi,
Please provide snapshot of About box showing AV database version and also, right click file and scan and if file is detected, please show snapshot of that as well.

Thanks
-umesh

How do I go about inserting an image here, because I don’t see the option to upload an file in the post options. I used to have a Photobucket, but they closed my account after I had shared an image file through a Photobucket link on another help forum, despite the fact that I’m pretty sure that’s the entire point of Photobucket (but that’s a rant for another day).

Please look at enclosed image, you can click on “additional options” while replying and attach file.

…Gosh I’m so good at finding things. :-TU

Anyway, here:

Hi,
As i see it doesn’t detect the application.

Can you please share snapshot when you find false alert?

Thanks
-umesh

Thanks,
Possible to upload file shown in alert to VirusTotal?

Thanks
-umesh

That’s the issue: I actually did try to find that file, but it’s not there anymore, even when I try typing in the file’s name in the search engine. And when I look at my Antivirus event log and look through the events that were from me trying to use Texmod, the file’s name is always different and no longer exists.

Can you please try to re-store from Quarantine?

How do I go about that?

Open the main GUI and go to advanced tasks and click view quarantine Manage Quarantined Items, Remove & Isolate suspicious files | Internet Security Help

The file in question isn’t on the list. The only files there are 2 items from 2 months ago that weren’t related to Texmod. :U