Comodo Security Agent Could Not Be Started

Yesterday I installed an internal “all-in-one card reader with 4 USB3 ports” hardware which has only 1 cable connecting to the big USB3 connector on motherboard
No drivers needed for this hardware, all card readers were immediately recognized – in My Computer it shows as 4 new USB drives. All 4 new USB3 ports are also working.
There is no unknown or bad devices in the Administrative Tools - Device Manager
OS Win7 x64, motherboard ASRock H77M

After reboot I’m getting error “Comodo Security Agent Could Not Be Started” exactly the same as picture here
http://www.faultwire.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12386
Because agent is not running the network access is disabled at this time.

When I click OK it runs diagnostic and said that there is no problems.

Then I have to click on CIS itself, so it runs, loads the tray icon and enables access to internet.
Every time it pops a “Join a network” question and I have to answer “I am home”.
Checkbox “Don’t ask me again about this network” does not help.

I tried to reinstall CIS several times, used CIS removal tool, cleaned registry with several registry cleaners – nothing helps

I like CIS, I used it for many years since version 3 and don’t want to switch to another product, but what to do?

This will add the entry for CIS in Task Scheduler so it will start with Windows.

If nothing helps please try reinstalling CIS and follow Most Effective Way to Reinstall CIS to Avoid/Fix Problems by my colleague Chiron. It will provide a reliable clean starting point.

There is XML file inside {31DDBD37-5DB7-4030-8064-10B0CAA806C3}.zip
What to do with it?

I don’t have any other antivirus programs and always use only COMODO

Fix by qmarius did not help

The XML file needs to be imported in Task Scheduler under Action → Import Task.

Have you had other security programs installed in the past? If so make sure to run clean up tools for them just to be sure possible left overs are removed.

The XML file needs to be imported in Task Scheduler under Action --> Import Task.
How to navigate there? I cannot find Task Schedule anywhere. Is it only for Pro versions? I'm running CIS Premium 7.0.317799.4142.

And I never had any other antivirus programs on this computer. I built it 2 years ago and use only CIS

Finally I drill down to the event log and see why Security Agent cannot start, but I still don’t know how to fix it

The description for Event ID 0 from source cmdAgent cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Service started/resumed

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

Details

- - 0 4 0 0x80000000000000 44 COMODO Internet Security HOMEPC - Service started/resumed

I downloaded and reinstalled CIS almost ten times with deep registry cleaning – it did not help
I set to “Manual” all disabled services – it did not help
I ran msconfig - selective startup - load system services plus only CIS – it did not help
I unplugged card reader – it did not help

Shell I try CIS 8 beta? Or, maybe, try older versions? But where can I download CIS 6 and how to prevent it from upgrading itself to CIS7 ?

And here we go!
I deinstalled CIS7, did a deep registry clean and installed CIS6.3. Everything worked!
Then CIS6.3 updated itself to the current version 7.0.317799.4142 and I got my message back - Secure Agent cannot start!
I looked to the event log and it shows me the same reason!
So problem is with the cmdagent.exe of version 7.0.317799.4142
How nice!

Did you try reinstalling CIS following Most Effective Way to Reinstall CIS to Avoid/Fix Problems by my colleague Chiron? It will provide a reliable clean starting point.

Do you have other security programs installed that run in the background with CIS?

I split your topic because it is different problem than the one you posted in.

Did you try reinstalling CIS following Most Effective Way to Reinstall CIS to Avoid/Fix Problems by my colleague Chiron? It will provide a reliable clean starting point.
YES, many times. In addition I also did a registry search for "COMODO" and "cmdagent" and deleted all entries and keys. The problem was that I always used the downloaded latest version. As soon as I installed old version - no problems until it upgraded itself to the latest version
Do you have other security programs installed that run in the background with CIS?
NO and never had
I split your topic because it is different problem than the one you posted in.
Thank you

I don’t know if the problem also would occur in you situation. The beta runs pretty stable and is worth a shot if you feel like it.

All I can say is that I think you bumped into a bug and all I can ask is if you have the time and energy to please consider filing a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!.

Reporting of bugs is strictly moderated to make sure Comodo gets clear bug reports. So, please make sure you closely follow protocol. That way your report will certainly be seen by Comodo staff.

I have exactly the same problem reported by garbuya. I did install the fix. I did add the xml. I did deinstall and reinstall it till I wanted to puke. Didn’t help. The problem began about a year ago in a Windows Vista Home Edition installation. Now I am on Win7, the problem persists. I downgraded to Comodo Firewall because the integrated Comodo Antivirus could not catch a persistant infection which was easily removed by Malwarebytes. I am using Comodo Firewall 8.2.0.4703 with AVG Antivirus Free Edition 2015 as antimalware solution.