COMODO Rescue Disk 1.1.232326.14 is released!

What kernel or distro of linux is this based upon? I am wondering for Virtual Box installation/setup.
Thanks,

Sadly, this great product doesnt work when you are using a burned CD/DVD instead of a USB stick.

The problem starts when the virus database needs to be updated.
CCE downloads the latest database but is not able to place it “somewhere”.
Is it because its running from a CD/DVD, and not a USB stick where its possible to save data?

I found a workable solution. I use VirtualBox to run certain Linux distros as virtual quarantine test environments. I had wondered if this was possible with the Comodo Rescue Disk. It did indeed work with choosing linux kernel 2.6.x as the base for the install.

I then successfully used it as a test scanning environment.

Where do we submit feature requests? The browser you have built in to the rescue disk is helpful for going to webmail and scanning for possible viruses. Is it possible to add the plugin to be able to browse to https:// sites natively?

Thanks for your help and great work.

I have Burned the ISO to a Writable disk but when I try to boot by changing my boot order in my BIOS it just comes up with Please use a system disk

I am using Windows XP spc 3

I am not sure what i am doing wrong

Is it just for Linux?

Hi there.Its great to see Comodo rescue disk is up and running but here is a suggestion.Comodo’s removal applications still dont have a disinfection feature which severely limits there usability.In most cases where a rescue disk is required the system is infected by patching viruses that cant be removed by deleting/quarantine…etc.If CRD is used in such a case the system will crash and operating system will have to be reinstalled.It would be great to see Comodo rescue disk having disinfection feature like kaspersky,dr web etc:)

Hi!
Thanks for CRD!
One thing that interests me: removing MBR viruses… (example - troyan.ransom.boot.mbro and its variants).
Is it possible to use fixboot and fixmbr?

CRD 2.0.261647.1 has been released

Topic locked