COMODO Rescue Disk 1.1.232326.14 is released!

Hello Everyone,

I am excited to announce that COMODO Rescue Disk 1.1 is released.

What is COMODO Rescue Disk?
COMODO Rescue Disk is a bootable disk image with COMODO Cleaning Essentials for Linux embedded. CCE for Linux is a powerful virus, spyware, rootkit scanner and cleaner which works in both GUI and text mode. CRD works more efficient than CCE for Windows because it cleans your system before Windows operating system is loaded. It is designed to be used when crimeware embeds itself so deeply into your system that CCE for Windows cannot clean it or Windows cannot start because of any infection or abnormal system change. CRD also provides you with tools to explore files in your hard drive, take screenshot and browse web page.

We would like to thank all users who joined CRD BETA test. thank you for your great ideas and suggestions.

Download Location:

http://download.comodo.com/crd/download/setups/comodo_rescue_disk_1.1.232326.14.iso

[attachment deleted by admin]

Awesome!
Great job, guys!
:-TU

Thank you Comodo Team

Downloading now…

excellent work guys!

Now Comodo offers 2 amazingly powerful tools for cleaning Comodo Rescue Disk and Comodo Cleaning Essentials.

Nice work ;D

Excellent!! Just what Ive been waiting!! Bye bye other rescue disks I used to use (karspersky). :smiley:
Thank you COMODO!

Any plans to integrate both into one package?

great!!!..

Congrats! :-TU

Can it be used with USB?

Try it with UNetbootin. :wink:

BTW Comodo, the product does not look finished. In the ISO there is a file called index.html which contains information about SliTaz GNU/Linux. Well at least we know where you got your code from.

Doesn’t work on my HP G62 notebook

Welcome to your box.
SliTaz boot time: 201s
error setting MTRR (base = 0x0000000, size = 0x01ff0000, type = 1) invalid argument (22)

Shows up after agreeing to the EULA in GUI mode, trying CLI now

Edit:
CLI works and is scanning now, MTRR seems to point to issues with starting X

Is it supposed to start with 34% Progress at the time the file scanner kicks in (CLI Mode)?

Looks like we needed a longer beta period >.>

Btw, can I get away with claiming some credit for just the idea? :stuck_out_tongue:

https://forums.comodo.com/wishlist-cce/make-a-bootable-package-t82454.0.html

i agree, i think we should have had atleast one more beta

Btw, can I get away with claiming some credit for just the idea? :P

https://forums.comodo.com/wishlist-cce/make-a-bootable-package-t82454.0.html

lol no it has been requested by many people for a long time, long before your request

Yes, please try Unetbootin http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/ or UltrsISO ISO CD DVD image creator, editor and ISZ DMG DAA UIF to ISO converter - UltraISO can extract/create/edit/convert CD and DVD image files directly, make bootable CDs and convert ISZ DMG DAA UIF to ISO. or some other similar tools.

Best Regards.

Thanks for the new release, I will check it out and come back with results soon…

Edit : I thought this was also a beta, so I corrected the addressing.

CRD 1.1 worked fine on my virtual machine, but I had some issues on a real machine with “win32.virut” virus.

1. I could not get the “Graphic Mode” to work. It halts with a black screen after loading files and booting to certain stage. It halts at different positions different times, once it showed the mouse, other times it halted before even the mouse appears.

2. Text mode worked fine. I started a scan. But I am very much surprised to see that most of the screen estate is being simply wasted.

a. There is no display of the “count of indentified threats” in the main window.

b. The results are not being displayed in the screen and we have to go back to logs to see what happened.

There is a lot of screen area we can have a “simple scrolling list of identified threats” in there.

c. For some reason, the progress bar and progress percentage were both wrong. Immediately after starting scan it showed “34%” and simply stayed there ???. But the scan was running fine, as I could identify from changing file names.

The scan paused many a times 88), I later identified seeing the logs that it was cleaning found threats during that time.
It’s good to see CCE/CRD cleaning infections as soon as it finds, at last we got such an option now, but an indication of what is happening would have kept me at ease.

1. I really liked and wanted the option to “repair all/ repair/ ignore/ rename” kind of pre option very much :-TU :-TU :-TU.

I hope we soon will get this implemented in to “Graphic Mode” and “CCE” and “CIS” as well ;).

I have seen them and was presented with that question every time it found something, as I chose Ignore and not Ignore all

Hi

When will it Multi Language have it and the normal cce

Have used it a couple of times now. The ISO burn and boot up went seamless on an older HP Laptop. (Pavilion dv8000 vintage) The only problem i’ve had so far is with Wifi/Wlan connectivity. It sees the WLan card but it is unable to pull up any wireless networks.

Any thoughts/suggestions.

The wired connection works fine.

Thanks for all the hard work.