COMODO Rescue Disk 1.0.227888.8 BETA Released!

Will it be possible to identify and highlight the removal of the most important system files such as explorer.exe, winlogon.exe, userinit.exe, ntldr, toskrnl.exe, ntdetect.com etc., (and their registry modifications in case of CCE) in case they are badly infected and are surely being deleted.

It would be great if Comodo Rescue Disk/CCE identifies any such big impacts on the normal booting and notifies about the loss, and gives possible suggestions to download and replace with fresh samples.

Hi

Any Plans for the Future for Translation for it and for the normal CCE Version

Hope the mode gets included in CIS as BitDefender has a rescue mode…

Hi

This is just a suggestion but how about using xPUD as CRD’s GUI. Very user friendly (basic and colourfull) and would work well with CRD (I think). Details below:-

Homepage: http://www.xpud.org/
Video: xPUD linux boots within 5 secs - YouTube

:slight_smile:

I have been facing another surprise for quite some time. I am getting this weird behaviour on both a Virtual Machine and my real machine. ???

When I select any kind of scan (smart scan/full scan or custom scan of simply one small directory) the CCE screen shows some weird 9 digit scan percentage and just hangs there. I waited for almost 30 minutes but it did not change. I could of course cancel the scan and run CCE again.

I am getting one success among some 5 to 10 attempts.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi Siva,

This bug will be fixed in next release.
Thank you for your feedback.

Regards
Haibo

Thanks haibo,

Both my issues are fixed now in the new test build. :-TU

By the way, can we expect the maximize/fullscreen option in the next beta ?

Can we expect a results filter in the future versions ?

Can we expect the “autoruns” integration in future versions?

Thanks again for the hard work and quick response. :-TU

Did I miss anything here?

not much, I have been given two bug fix temporary builds to verify the fixation of my issues. Haibo said they are just developer snapshots and a proper second beta will be released soon (possibly with more features and UI improvements, I hope)

wish- add live CD geek buddy, so that if something happens during a fix geek buddy can help you fix it from the bootable cd.

YES
YES
No for now, maybe we can have it in future

Regards
Haibo

My only need for “autoruns” in CRD is the case where CRD does not find all the infections (it can not of course detect all infections all the times), and the unknown malware still executes after running a scan with CRD.

If we could have a way to ‘stop unknown malware from execution at startup’ using CRD, we have a great chance of fighting almost all zero day infections too…

Just want to know if rescue cd’s should be used for specific purpose only i.e unbootable system or can be used for normal scanning of the system safely?

The Download-Link is out of order.
What’s wrong ?

There is now a final release:
https://forums.comodo.com/empty-t83768.0.html

Topic locked due to COMODO Rescue Disk 1.1 (Final) release.

Thanks NSG001. :slight_smile: