Comodo Programs Manager 2.0.0.3 BETA 1 BUG REPORT

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.

Be sure to include:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • All log files of CPM, if you had logs enabled;
  • if the issue is a BSOD, please post all the dump files in \Windows\Minidump folder (you can compress them)
  • if the issue is a crash, program stops responding or freezes please see this topic
  • if the issue is an error (not program crash or freeze) please see this topic
  • Any other Additional Information;

Problem: This CIS problem which also occurs in the 5.5 final release causes CPMservice.exe to crash on reboot. [Edit: At least in CPM version 1.3.2.30, and you haven’t logged it as fixed in this Beta]. Memory read error - cannot read memory at (0x00000?) - is also given. Will try to give more info when next occurs (sorry its patchy at present).

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); XP Sp3 32bit
  • Security Software Installed; CIS
  • How you produced the problem; Crash windows or restart windows with big red switch
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; Resolves itself until next time, as service restarts
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); Will try to get these next time
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; OS has deleted (blimin’ XP silliness). Will catch next time…
  • All log files of CPM, if you had logs enabled; Cannot find
  • Any other Additional Information; No

Could you guide me as to log identity/locations please?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi,
You can use drwtsn32 command to launch the Dr. Watson interface and see the destination path for the dump file. If there is no dump file there, please recreate the crash scenario and then send us the dump file.
Thank you.

No dump unfortunately.

Will try and replicate and post dump

Dump now added, crash happened when CFP showing error “cmdagent not running” under red cross (and yellow exclamation mark in task bar), though in fact it was as shown in process explorer. Restarting cfp resolves CIS problem. CPMervice appears to restart automatically.

This happens wen using CIS 5.5 public release and 5.8 RC2 - ie the CIS bug is not resolved, and incidentally has been reported by several other users.

Best wishes

Mouse

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); win7 pro 32
  • Security Software Installed; cfw 5.8
  • How you produced the problem; tried to uninstall vmware workstation
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; na
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); attached
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; na
  • All log files of CPM, if you had logs enabled; na
  • Any other Additional Information; na

Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); win7 professsional 32bit

• Security Software Installed; CIS 5.8 and malwarebytes antimalware
  • How you produced the problem; tried to uninstall tuneup utilities 2011 and after completion of uninstall leftover showed all the office 2010
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); attached

Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); win7 professsional 32bit

• Security Software Installed; CIS 5.8 and malwarebytes antimalware
  • How you produced the problem;

“this is what i have done to test scanned feature in beta in VmWARe
i installed k lite codec 7.8 and uninstall using scanned to check scanned feature CPM 2 beta but it didnt show all registry entry just 1 entry was found and when i tried to clean registry with CFM 4 beta …it show many registry missed by CPM…
then i again installed k lite codec 7.8 in fresh windows …uninstalled with monitored feature…it removed all the entries…
so i think scanned feature is not powerful enough… please improved this feature…”

• Screen-shots with the error (if any); na

Win7x64
N360
UAC OFF

I want to uninstall COMODO Online Storage (monitored); however, it will uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 redist and COMODO BackUp “because they are dependent on” COS. NOTE: CBU installation did install COS and VCRT.

We know VCRT isn’t dependent on COS and I don’t think CBU is either since it is an optional component. Will any/everything that uses VCRT be erroneously flagged like this?

Update: in spite of the warning, CPM did not uninstall the “dependent” programs.

New: CPM frequently hangs when hitting the “Uninstall” button, requiring a forced close. This also happened to me resizing the column the displays leftover files/registry keys.

I keep getting app hangs and not when I’m interacting with CPM (open, minimised a minute later, it hung, for one example).

Description:
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: CPM.exe
Application Version: 1.3.0.86
Application Timestamp: 4e8ac23f
Hang Signature: 88a6
Hang Type: 16897
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 88a64a86767482d577b44f56a6372a75
Additional Hang Signature 2: 8e5d
Additional Hang Signature 3: 8e5d13eaba12118da22c06b994ac511e
Additional Hang Signature 4: 5967
Additional Hang Signature 5: 59679e08fbe26e49a6a5a8d6472c6553
Additional Hang Signature 6: 83fd
Additional Hang Signature 7: 83fd8183fa58911c51d35b70394600c9

Problem: CPM cannot uninstall Trusteer Rapport

• Security Software Installed; CIS, Trusteer Rapport
  • How you produced the problem; Clicked on Trusteer Rapport, requested uninstall, CPM then tried for a few minutes, did not display Captcha dialog or invoke default browser (see below) but then said it could not completely uninstall the app
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; Used windows add/remove programs, TRusteer Captcha dialog was shown to allow service shutdown, default browser wasinvoked to give uninstall reason, then software uninstalled
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); Sorry, no
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; N/A.

Problem: CPMservice.exe crashes if asked to monitor installation of CIS 5.8 Beta

• Security Software Installed; CIS, Trusteer Rapport
  • How you produced the problem; Crash windows or restart windows with big red switchRight clicked on CIS 5.8 installation file and asked CPM to monitor install, Installer ran for a while, then CPM crashed.
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; Ran installer withoiut CPM being asked explicitly to monitor it, and all was OK.
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); N/A
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; XP is still deleting these, if it recurs I will add, but should be easy to replicate…

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); Windows 7 x64
  • Security Software Installed; CIS 5.8.213334.2131,CTM 2.9.161985.187
  • How you produced the problem; I used the install export thing and when I reinstalled the program,all setting was still there except for the context-menu,I tried with multiple programs to make sure it wasn’t just the programs I was using…unlocker,Iobit-ASC 5
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; yes…lol…reinstalled with the programs orig exe and then installed exported version over top
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); N/A
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; n/a
  • All log files of CPM, if you had logs enabled;N/a
  • Any other Additional Information; other than the context menu missing on install of export…I think this feature is awesome

- Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);

Win7 x64

- Security Software Installed;

Avast 6.0.1367
Comodo CIS 5.8.213334.2131 Firewall only

- Problem;

CPM doesn’t monitor apps anymore even though I receive notifications about monitored apps.
But in the Programs list withing CPM I have only DB Monitored and Not Monitored apps.

I just installed CCleaner and correctly received the notification popup about it being monitored but in CPM it says Not Monitored.

Your Operating System Win7 HomePrem/64bit);

• Security Software Installed; McAfee Anti-Virus Plus
  • How you produced the problem: After using CPM 1.3(current stable) for the past month successfully, I decided to install CPM beta 2.0 today. Once it installed, all the info in the right plane (company, size, monitor status, usage) was missing even the column headings. It retained the backup folder info from some test uninstalls, but none of the reinstallation packages I had made of the monitored programs was there and when I clicked on a program none showed as monitored only options were the standard or scan.
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; I uninstalled CPM beta and reinstalled CPM current stable version. This time the right plane info showed up except all programs were listed as “not monitored” even the ones that it had previously monitored before installing CPM beta2.
  • if the issue is a crash, program stops responding or freezes please see this topic (BTW when I tried the scanned choice it crashed CPM beta 2)
  • if the issue is an error (not program crash or freeze) please see this topic
  • Any other Additional Information; Luckly I had made a copy of the CPM reinstall packages on an external drive. After re installing CPM 1.3 stable I was able to successfully uninstall a program and then reinstall using the saved copy of the CPM install package. Seems to work and one of them now shows up as “monitored” . Question: will I have to unstall all of them and reinstall to get back the ‘monitored’ status?
    Question: Why did CPM Beta2 wipe out the right plane info and CPM installed packages of programs I had made? Is this a bug or did I do something wrong when installing it? I like CPM, especially being able to make a ‘install package’ exe file as a backup incase I have to reinstall a program that is a one time free give away of the day. Thanks. Looking forward to seeing CPM 2 released as stable. will let others test it for now.