Comodo Programs Manager 1.2 build 77 Released !!!

Hello,

The new BETA is here as we move forward to a new public release!

What’s New?

• Application Database (Uninstall applications using the central database);
  • Command Line Parameters for SFX Module;
  • Enhanced Feedback;
  • Social Integration;
  • Improvements to the internal storage system;
  • Improvements to the Monitoring Engine.

What’s Fixed?

• Random BSODs;
  • CPM problem with automatic windows updates;
  • Installer detection issues;
  • Monitoring issues;
  • Small GUI issues.

Known Issues

• Changing the install destination may cause the setup to crash;
  • “Restore Backup” and restore from SFX may have some issues for some
    applications;
  • There are still some minor GUI issues.

Bug Reports:

Please use http://forums.Comodo.com/beta-corner-cpm/Comodo-programs-manager-12-build-77-beta-bug-reports-t68864.0.html to report your bugs. Our moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the devs.

BETA NOTICE: This product is intended for special users (BETA Testers) who would like to join the testing process. It may contain major bugs that could cause serious problems and not be suitable for your everyday use yet. Please do not use it in your production machines.

Download Locations:

Setup for Windows XP 32-bit/64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit/64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit:

http://downloads.Comodo.com/cpm/download/setups/CPM_SETUP_1.2.178500.77_xp_vista_server2003_win7.exe

Size: 10.4 MB (10,952,080 bytes)
MD5: 1f6edc2d1de1c9882958d84880348967
SHA1: 93406043127cb3d33abe0b000fcb8d4d4261f5f4

Well done team!!!

Enjoy everyone and we’re waiting for your feedback!

For those how want to be “beta tester” please register here; you will need to register in order to be able to download Wmware’s wmware media player.

Regards,
Valentin N

Thanks guy’s,

Let’s play around with this one

Thank Valentin.

As he is saying you can use Virtual Machines for testing. This can be done by using: VMWare Workstation or VMWare Player. Or you can use VirtualBox which is free for home use. There are also other options out there.

does anyone mind if I make a new thread that will inform for people that wants to try it out?

I though of calling it Information for those who want to test beta products

Regards,
Valentin N

welldone guys!

Feedback re “meet the Team” Ignore option.

Can you make this “Ignore” stick a little longer e.g. 24h or give a “ignore permanent” option?
Current implementation only ignores as long as the app is running, if you restart the app it shows again directly.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Is it possible to extract the contents of the SFX somewhere else to see what an application “created”?

Or maybe even better have an option to select the monitored application and generate a report about file and registry entries involved for this app?

Request for size-able Window.

Can this window made re-size-able at this point it’s not easy to read a lot of file and registry paths like this…

What apps are in update monitoring?

I tried VLC player a popular app with version 1.1.0 while 1.1.7 is released?
Is that a bug, or is this app not in the database?

Hi,
Sure we can make the ignore permanent, and from ‘use defaults’ button from Settings tab we can cancel it

Is the compression for the SFX optimal?

I ran a test with VLC player installer v.s. SFX is there any room for compression improvement?
The current SFX is pretty much larger then the installer, and I only ran the setup, started the program once, and then created the SFX.

Good point. Will think about adding a resize handle in a future version.
Thanks.

Hi Alexandru,

Well Ignore that holds a bit longer then the app runtime is also fine, as I understand the need for a bit of “news-feed” also, so if one or both could be implemented :-TU

Actually now the ignore persists if you press the Ignore button 3 times. So after you ignore it 3 times it should no longer be visible again.
However the 24h ignore also sound good. Will think about.
Thanks.

SFX supports deployment only to the path where the application was installed. But an optional report log can be added in the next version.
Thank you

(:CLP)

Guy’s very nice release, and a big applause for the fast responses :-TU

:rocks:

The compression ratio can be increased but the SFX restore performance would be affected.
The SFX can also include some temporary files. In a future release we can try excluding those files without affecting the application functionality after restore.

Congrats with the new release. :-TU