COMODO Programs Manager 1.0 build 30 Public Release BUG REPORTS

1. Installed Unlocker (Installation date: 07.07.2010)
  2. Installed Evernote (Installation date: 18.07.2010)
  3. Installed CPM (Installation date: 22.07.2010)
  4. Installed Evernote updates (Installation date: 07.08.2010)
  5. Installed Immunet (Installation date: 08.08.2010)
  6. Immunet detected “UnlockerInject32.exe” as a Trojan (false positive) and then quarantined it automatically (I restored it manually) (08.08.2010)
  7. Uninstalled Immunet with standard uninstaller (09.08.2010)

I think that’s all. If you need more information then just ask.

• Your Operating System
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

• Security Software Installed;
    CIS 5 Beta

• How you produced the problem;
    Installed Zeta Resource Editor (used it few times) and then tried to uninstall it with COMODO uninstaller but CPM crashed (Runtime error) after that I removed it using Add/Remove Programs.

• How you tried to resolve the problem;
    n/a

• Screen-shots with the error (if any);
    Attached

• Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
    Attached

• All log files of CPM, if you had logs enabled;
    n/a

• Any other Additional Information;
    n/a

[attachment deleted by admin]

Excuse if I write not there so probably it not bugs, and small details demanding completions, for giving of a complete kind, and can also bugs, therefore I will write here.

1. Press ABOUT then OK. There is as I that a framework too most with the HELP.

2. SETTINGS UPDATE ABOUT HELP are blacked out and are highlighted at cursor prompting, and management of a window is on the contrary blacked out at prompting. I do not know so it is conceived or it bug with GUI, because in CCS too most. Will stylishly look if all is blacked out, look in my post, with the offer about CIS GUI. As look at inactive horizontal buttons - too would give to completeness to style.

https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/comodo-internet-security-5-beta-wishlist-t60084.105.html

PS: I know that it not the main thing at the given stage, but nevertheless, the beautiful face is necessary for an excellent software. :wink:

Best regard, Alex.

Hi,

i use windows vista home basic 32 bits
panda cloud anti virus (on access) with PC tools firewall and sandboxie, and SUPERAntiSpyware, and malwarebytes for on demand.
I installed the latest CPM and all went great for a couple of weeks, but then i decided to uninstall adobe flash player, and i realized (i think after the uninstall, but i can not be sure) that a lot of programs were not being monitored : -SUPERAntiSpyware; malwarebytes, panda cloud antivirus, Google chrome, evernote, utorrent, ccleaner, 7-zip, opera, apple quicktime, and others programs that i can not remember. The only ones that kept being monitored are Pc tools firewall, macafee siteadvisor, wot and adobe flash player.
By the way the adobe uninstall was not complete it asked me to reboot but afterwards when i did a new scan with Secunia it told me that i had still adobe and so i went to CPM and i found on partially uninstalled, the file FLASH10H.OCX and some registry keys. And only after a second reboot it totally uninstalled adobe.

Thanks

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); - Windows 7 32 bit
  • Security Software Installed; CIS v5 RC
  • How you produced the problem; - I was uninstalling a program/driver using revo uninstaller when I got a BSOD
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; - NA
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); NA
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; Attached
  • All log files of CPM, if you had logs enabled; NA
  • Any other Additional Information; version 1 build 30

I had the same issue on Windows 7 x64 on the initial run of CPM, with my time-to-crash being about 3 or 4 seconds. Taking metalforlife’s advice, I was able to get CPM to start without crashing. Afterwards, I no longer experienced this issue.

Same problem but on W7 32 bit…In the 32 bit vers the program is visible in process manager apers for 1-2 seconds and then blocks and of course windows error reporting is called :slight_smile:

In process explorer it is showing that cpmservice.exe is “unable to verify” and not even showing Comodo. This program was installed a few days ago by a Live Support technician. It is a useful program for sure, but it is not acceptable for a security company like Comodo not to have verified digital signatures on their files. I wonder what Melih would say about this, since it is not only this service that I can see with this issue, but also synchronizationservice.exe from Comodo Backup? ???

It’s only a beta release… usually a little rough round the edges here and there…

Hi,

This is not a bug but just to let you know that after using Secunia PSI i uninstalled adobe 10.1.85.3 (ActiveX) with CPM (buil 30), and this file stilled remained and because of that Secunia was still saying that i had a vulnerability. You can see that on August 17 i had the same problem but this time the file was not in the partial uninstalled, i had to manually delete the file.

Windows 7 home premium 32 bits
CIS5 with sandboxie.

7 x64 ultimate here.

CPM crashed as soon as I try to run it (standard “has ceased to work correctly and will now be closed” Windows message box). When I say “as soon as”, I mean, I could see the interface for 2 second tops.

Running it “as an administrator” fixed this. It seems to handle itself properly now… Yay !

- Your Operating System (and whether it's 32bit/64bit);
[s]Windows 7 ultimate 32bit [/s]
- Security Software Installed;
[s]CIS Avira[/s]
- How you produced the problem;
[s]I wanted to try out the uninstaller so I, Downloaded "uniblue registrybooster" gave it a quick run then uninstalled it. CPM sais "it need to reboot to remove the rest of the files" <---something like that. So I restarted. There's still registry info from "uniblue" software. I got a picture if it helps
- How you tried to resolve the problem;
N/A [s]- Screen-shots with the error (if any); - Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; - All log files of CPM, if you had logs enabled; - Any other Additional Information;[/s]

2 quick questions, Jay

1. Did you use the right click method to monitor the installation or just all CPM to attempt to autodetect the installer commencing.

2. Did the registry booster software show up as “Monitored” in CPM after its installation completed?

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

2 quick questions, Jay
uh-oh, I think I'm about to get pwned :(
1) Did you use the right click method to monitor the installation or just all CPM to attempt to autodetect the installer commencing.
I forgot about the monitoring the installation. I think I need to start playing with the features. There's more stuff on CPM then i think. :)
2) Did the registry booster software show up as "Monitored" in CPM after its installation completed?
Question 2 kind of supports question 1, but the answer is I didn't even look at that ???

CPM is better then I thought, now I’ll fix that bug report that I wrote

:BeerThanks Panic :■■■■

Hi,

I tried to uninstall Microsoft office 2007 (Product version 12.0.6425.1000) and that pop up appeared. I do not wish to uninstall all the other programs.
Windows 7 ultimate 32 bits. CIS 5 with sandboxie. On demand malwarebytes, SAS, and hit man pro.
CPM buil 30

Thanks

PS- Ignore the Microsoft Offices in between

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
    64 7 professional

CIS

every program run

not possible ;[

CPM always turns my Windows update settings to Install updates automatically - and I dont want them to install automatically!

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
    Windows 7 ultimate 32bit

CIS5 .On demand malwarebytes, SAS, Hitmanpro.

I installed the new version of Secunia PSI (2.0) over the last one. But Secunia never worked very well (slow), so i decided to uninstall Secunia with CPM (built 30), and install it again (fresh install). But when i tried to install secunia the installer told that i still had the old version and said that i needed to uninstall it first, before i was allowed to do the installation (screenshots).

First i went to CPM to see if there was something in the partial unistalled (there was not), then i used the registry of ccleaner and found something (screenshot), but even then it did not let me install, saying, i still had the previous version. So then i decided to use the restore point and it worked.

• Screen-shots with the error (if any);
    Yes

• Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;

• All log files of CPM, if you had logs enabled;

I can not be sure if the problem is from CPM, but the reality is that after the restore point i uni stalled Secunia using Revo and all went fine. After that i used again revo with in an other computer with exactly the same configuration (windows, security software,etc) and it worked OK again.

Hi Peter,
There were some monitoring issues with the update of an application in the older version of CPM.
This issue is fixed in the new version that will be launched on February 2nd.
Thank you very much for the bug report

Best Regards,
Alexandru

Thanks for all the answerers Alexandru Andrei.
I will be here on February 2nd. :BNC

So…

1. Screen #1. Alignment is awful
  2. Screen #2. End should be written with bold type. And there’s misprint
  3. Screen #3. Useless space. And I’ve installed Russian version but received message in English

Can I report in Russian?