COMODO Programs Manager 1.0 build 30 Public Release BUG REPORTS

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.

Be sure to include:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • All log files of CPM, if you had logs enabled;
  • Any other Additional Information;

i think this is more a program flaw then a bug but i previously had build 27 and about 90% of my programs were monitored and now it said there was a new build available so i installed it and now none of my programs are monitored. i think when CPM is updated the already monitored programs should continue to be monitored not reset

+1000 on that, what would be the point if after every update you lost all your monitors.

Hi,

We will most certainly fix this !

Thank you for your support.

Hi,

We will most certainly fix this !

Thank you for your support.

Good to hear that this will be fixed i love this program and adding this feature will only improve it greatly

thanks for the quick response

Windows Xp Pro 64 bit
I have only CIS as security software.

I installed Ccleaner to test CPM but in the installed programs list CCleaner was not monitored. This is the problem. Because of this, CPM uninstalled Ccleaner as same as windows add/remove programs.

Windows 7 32 bits.
AIS and CTM installed.
Installed CPM and got a BSOD:
BAD_POOL_CALLER
0X000000C2 0x00000007, 0x00001097, 0x00000004, 0x86409938

Sorry, no memory dump due to CTM being installed.
Can I get any help on this?
Right now, CPM fully uninstalled (using CTM snapshot).

Hi,

i installed CPM and it all went great, but then i tried to run it and it closed down (screen shot).

I use:
Windows 7 ultimate (64 bit)
Comodo firewall, panda cloud anti virus (free edition) and threatfire (PC tools)

I tried uninstall it and reinstall it again, and the problem persisted. Then i stopped panda and suspended threatfire(did not reboot), and it did not work again.

I had too a BSOD (only once), but i do not know if it was produced by CPM, because it never happened again.

I also use mozy (backup)
For now i am going to uninstall CPM, but i hope you can solve this because i really want to use it.

Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

CPM 1.0_30 doesn’t monitor the installation of CPM created installer packages.

I installed an app using CPM and it was correctly monitored (thanks for fixing that so promptly BTW). I successfully created an installer package of that app and then uninstalled it using CPM. I rebooted and then double clicked the installer package to reinstall the app. The app reinstalled correctly, but it now reports as not monitored in CPM.

Wouldn’t it make sense to make the installation packages automatically monitored when restored??

Further testing results in the following;

1. After installing packaged app, I uninstalled it using CPM
  2. CPM application window was left open
  3. Right clicked on the package installer and selected “Install and monitor using CPM”
  4. Package installed correctly
  5. Programs list in CPM window was not updated
  6. Package installed app does not appear in the programs list
  7. Closing and reopening CPM does not cause the programs list to be updated
  8. Package installed app still does not show up in list of programs
  9. Package installed app similarly does not appear in the Control Panel list of installed programs
  10. I now have an app that cannot be uninstalled by an uninstaller (CPM or Control Panel)
  11. I have attempted to reinstall the package over the top of the installed app but no change

Ewen :slight_smile:

Hello,

Can you please export the following registry keys to reg files?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall]

Then, can you please send me an email with the archive of those two reg files?I will send you a PM with my email address right now.

Thank you for the bug report,
Alexandru.

Hello,
Please uninstall CTM and see if the problem still persists, so that we can find out if it’s an incompatibility issue. If the BSOD still occurs please send me the dump file.

Thanks for your support,
Alexandru.

Well… I need to be happy to uninstall CTM right now… Let’s see.
The problem is that, without CTM, it’ll be difficult to uninstall CPM is anything goes wrong…

Hi,

I have sent the reg files. Hope it will help.

Thanks

[url=https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/how-to-upgrade-from-v3-to-v4-t58620.0.html]https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-a��-cpm/comodo-programs-manager-10-build-27-public-release-bug-reports-t59494.0.html[/url]

i posted the same thing happening in the previous build of cpm.its happening in build 30 also.
happens on my win 7 laptop 64 and win vista 32 pc.cant uninstall avast internet security using cpm uninstall.bsod
avast internet security is the only security software installed.

Edit by EricJH: fixed url

Hi,

Thank you for your report! We found the problem and it will be gone by the next CPM release!

Win 7 Ult. x64

Absolute system crushing incompatibility between CPM 1 build 30 and this CIS 5 BETA AV.

To recreate install both in any order and watch system be crushed, hung, frozen, unable to AV scan from profile manually, etc.

Bad

EDIT - UPDATE - Problem solved, was Beta AV problem, fixed in new Beta AV.

In this thread…

https://forums.comodo.com/help-cpm/is-cumonsys-part-of-cpm-t59882.0.html

…I was told to come here and report the bug described in said thread.

I was told to specify the other programs that I installed, their order, other details. The problem is that I wasn’t (nor should anyone be expected to) keeping the kind of track of things that one should keep if one’s trying to document something for purposes of helping other reproduce a problem…

…and I have great frustration from past situations like this around here where people here chastise for bug reports not sufficiently painstakingly detailed and scientific. I will do the best I can (or, more accurately, the best – and most – that I’m willing to do) here, and that will have to do. I’m busy, and it’s not my software nor my problem that it failed on my system. Take or leave what I’m writing here, but chastise not.

On a copy of 32-bit Vista SP2 running on a 64-bit-capable HP Pavilion notebook with 4GB of RAM, I installed the version of CPM that’s downloadable as of this writing (and, no, I’m not going to go look at what version that is; if “that’s downloadable as of this writing” isn’t sufficiently clear then that, too, is not my problem because it would be sufficiently clear in a contract or a court of law, and that’s good enough for me).

I’m not sure, frankly, if I rebooted after that (nor can I remember if the installation required me to, and so if it did, but I didn’t, then that, right there, might be the problem).

Then I installed two CoffeeCup Software programs: “Flash Button Factory” version 7.0, and then the new “CoffeeCup HTML Editor 2010.” However, complicating that installation was the nearly immediate installation atop that of the even newer “CoffeeCup HTML Editor 2010SE” which didn’t go well, so I uninstalled it and “HTML Editor 2010” and then re-installed just the SE version, alone… all of these things without having rebooted from the CPM installation (if, in fact, that was even required).

So duplicating the symptom may not even be worth trying to duplicate because it was all so weird. But, in any case, the symptom was that whenever I finally did reboot, I got a BSOD with an error telling me that CUMON.SYS “mistakenly marked a part of its image pagable instead of non-pagable” and nothing I did short of finally going back to a previous restore point got me out of the mess.

In defense of, and in fairness to Comodo, though, there may be another complicating factory which has nothing to do with CPM, and that is this: In the days before this happened, I noticed that my system had a little bit of a problem properly rebooting normally on average once out of every maybe three or four reboots; and each of those failures was easily resolved by first rebooting into SAFE mode, and then after that it rebooted normally. This caused me, yesterday, to run SFC /SCANNOW to check and repair all the system files, and I’ve now rebooted something like 8 times right in a row without a problem.

So, maybe there was something wacky with my system which ultimately caused the problem. Maybe it’s not a CPM problem at all. Who knows.

All I know is that if all this seems too unscientific to reproduce or do anything about, that’s because it was never INTENDED to be; nor, again, is it reasonable to expect that it should have been. I wasn’t running scientific tests (which, believe me, I know how to do, and have done gazillions of times). I was just trying to install CPM and a couple other things, and then just use them. No science, just use.

And so all of the above is the best that I can – or am willing – to do on any of this. I won’t answer any questions, and I don’t care if Comodo can’t reproduce it the problem. I was simply trying to be helpful by reporting here something that happened, and if Comodo can use that information, then fine. If it can’t, that’s fine, too… at least as far as I’m concerned.

This, for me, is the end of this. I’ll not be responding to any subsequent comments, questions or criticisms; and I’ll be immediately unsubscribing from this thread so that I get no emails about it.

I’m done. That’s all.

HarpGuy

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
    Windows 7 Ultimate

CIS 4.1.150349.920

CPM stops responding and crashes if left untouched for more than 15-20 seconds after it opens.

I quickly navigate away from the home-window to keep it from crashing.

http://i33.tinypic.com/5v0vb7.png

Where will I find the memory dumps?

None

None

• Your Operating System
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

CIS 5 Beta and Immunet (uninstalled)

n/a

n/a

Attached

n/a

n/a

CPM wants to remove Evernote and Unlocker files and registry keys when I uninstall Immunet Protect with Comodo uninstaller.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi,
Please give more information about the problem. Did you installed Immunet ,uninstalled it and then you installed evernote?I see Immunet is partially uninstalled.In what order did you installed/uninstalled the mentioned installers.

Thank you for your support