COMODO Programs Manager 1.0 build 17 Released !!!

We are happy to announce that COMODO Programs Manager 1.0 build 17 Beta Release is available for download.

Features

• real-time monitor and store information from detected setups
  • uninstall a monitored program
  • multiple-uninstall ( with user confirmation )
  • make a self extracting Installable Package from a monitored program
  • manage windows features
  • uninstall drivers
  • uninstall services
  • manage windows updates
  • force delete of locked (in use) files and registry entries
  • install and use Comodo Time Machine
  • install and use Comodo LPS
  • make a backup using Comodo Backup before uninstalling applications ,drivers and services
  • customized settings for Comodo Backup
  • make CTM system wide snapshots
  • restore backups from CU
  • restore CTM’s snapshots from CU
  • defrag CTM’s snapshots from CU
  • real-time scan for malware infected setups

Known Issues:

• Some applications may not be monitored after installing
  • Some drivers may not be uninstalled
  • Some applications may not be monitored if restored from the created backup
  • GUI issues may be encountered
  • Restore may not work on some operating systems if UAC is enabled
  • CPM may crash when uninstalling some applications with active processes
  • For some security software the uninstaller may not work properly on certain operating systems

Bug Reports:

Please use https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cpm/comodo-programs-manager-10-build-17-beta-bug-reports-t57581.0.html to report your bugs. Our moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the devs.

BETA NOTICE: This product is intended for special users (BETA Testers) who would like to join the testing process. It may contain major bugs that could cause serious problems and not be suitable for your everyday use yet. Please do not use it in your production machines.

Download Locations:

Setup for Windows XP 32-bit/64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit/64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit:

http://download.comodo.com/cpm/download/setups/CPM_SETUP_1.0_build_17_xp_vista_server2003_win7.exe

Size: 7.66 MB (8,038,824 bytes)
MD5: 66275c613ff58db5f12c462193a43b71
SHA1: f98385bf56f8cd96cac48dfe6a60fb08b8396126

Excellent work guys!! :slight_smile:

Another weapon in our Arsenal :slight_smile:

Melih

CPM ss

[attachment deleted by admin]

Does the uninstaller uninstall all registry keys and files/folders too for programs?

It has on all the apps I’ve tried so far. Check your PM for additional info Josh.

Yes , this is the main feature of it . It monitors all the registry keys and files that a program creates and modifies and you can uninstall a program based on the information collected .

This seems very cool, I like programs that helps you take control over your system! In XP I can do it myself, but I’ll probably get a new PC with Windows 7 in two-three months so this will probably be very useful… (as I know nothing about tweaking W7).

If anyone figures out how to create a self extracting installer package, let me know. :wink:

See this article Ewen - Creating a Self-Extracting Setup Executable File | Microsoft Learn

I’m a google searching geek today.

Ok. What about applications before installing comodo program manager? It’s just I uninstalled CIS using this and folders were left over.

Unless I’m missing something here. ???

Thanks Eric, but I was referring to getting CPM to create the self extracting installer.

BTW, I found out how - you have to do a fresh install of the app, so CPM can monitor what goes where. At the end of the install, if you refresh the prgram list in CPM and click on the newly installed app, a “Make Installer” button appears in the right hand pane.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

It is at its best if CPM is present on the system before the installation is done. CPM monitors what goes where and builds its uninstall list from what the installer does.

It can also use the standardWindows uninstall routines for apps that were installed before CPM, but this is not as good as a CPM uninstall.

Try downloading an app and installing it now you have CPM on your system. After the app has installed, open CPM and do an uninstall. I doubt you’ll find any left overs. :wink:

Ewen :slight_smile:

Ok I understand it’s purpose now.

I’ll test some apps now and see what happens. :slight_smile:

Will CPM (in the furture), report if installed applications require updating or report any vulnerabilities with a particular product?

:slight_smile:

CSC 3. Gui will have to be changed to reflect new name :smiley:

https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-csc/comodo-systemcleaner-30-build-4-released-t57409.0.html;msg403407#msg403407

Hi,

Currently we have implemented a realtime malware and suspicious scan of all monitored setups (if that’s what you mean by vulnerability).

Hi Munteanu

I was thinking more in the functionality of the deceased CVA (or current Secunia PSI). Say for example, an application like Adobe Flash Player (prior to the release yesterday) which always seems to be vulnerable.

Having a feature like this included (which I think would fit in well) and then offer a link to update (if available) would be very usefull.

:slight_smile:

its a good idea…this feature to check if the version is latest or not exist in CSC and easily can be implemented in CPM too…

lets put it in the wishlist…

Melih

Looks promising :slight_smile:

it will be integrated in comodo system cleaner?