COMODO Offline Updater 1.0.43.33 Released

:-TU would be very nice ! let’s make sure it ends up on the wishlist for V4 if it’s not implemented already…

Hallo.
I’m a new user of CIS and this is my first post on forum.
I have a question. Can anybody explain how to configure necesary webserver for updates in network?
Thanks in advance for helping me.
Best regards,
Flaviu Topan

Hi Flaviu,

It’s not needed, it only requires .NET install and it has a web server build in.

Could some one please say whether it will update the actual Comodo program and Firewall too?

I do not use the Anti-virus :).

Now that one can get an offline .msi installer package does anyone know if there are useful command line installation switches for a silent install (such as ANTIVIRUS=YES FIREWALL=YES DEFENCE_PLUS=NO THREATCAST=NO) or is it still quite unfriendly in this regard.

Is there a version of Comodo Offline Updater that supports CIS 4? The current version that I’m aware of, only supports CIS 3.xx

I downloaded the installer (not updater), and it’s just 2.7 mb, so probably it requires being online to install (but I never go online without security apps already installed)

Unofficial Offline CIS 4.0.135239.742 Final installers.?

Sorry. I did not mean the CIS 4 offline installer. What I meant was an offline updater for CIS that hosts program updates, full databases and incremental updates for client machines. More info is found here.

Edit by EricJH:merged

Is there a version of Comodo Offline Updater that supports CIS 4? The current version that I’m aware of, only supports CIS 3.xx ???
It is the Good Question!

COMODO Offline Updater (beta version) for CIS 4 88)

System requirements:

• .NET 2.0

COMODO Offline Updater (beta)

Where is this software coming from?
Can you please identify yourself 292944028?

BUMP

I’m running 1.0.43.33 but its not updating my 4.0 clients

Is there a link to the Beta somewhere, I’m unable to make head nor tail of the Russian post about a beta version

Its clear that the offline updater is looking for an xp_32_cis.ini on downloads.comodo.com and this file no longer exists and has been replaced by a XML file specifically “cis_update_x32.xml”

The search path is ‘http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/updates/release/inis_600/

:frowning:

Any assistance appreciated

Setting for ComodoUpdater from Russian post
Server - network name of the computer is running Comodo Offline Updater

[attachment deleted by admin]

COMODO Offline Upder allow to setup port for incoming connection.
How to setup this port in COMODO Antivirus?

It’s seems to me that simple way like http://192.168.0.1:PortNumber doesn’t work.
Am I wrong?

Use proxy setting

Check it.

https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/guide-for-comodo-offlinemanual-updateupdate-without-internet-t71260.0.html;new#new

Used it not to long ago and it worked great.

[quote author=Ronny link=topic=46077.msg331990#msg331990 date=1254768947]
Hi Guy’s,

Comodo has released the long awaited Comodo Offline Updater for CIS

Download Location

32 & 64 Bit: COU_Setup_1.0.43.33_XP_Vista_x32_x64.msi
Size: 2MB ( 2256896 )
MD5: 47428FB82A21D08717F49976609C4201
SHA1: 0304AE2F1C678122C5C80BFF95D163AAD63B81FD

System requirements:

• .NET 2.0 or higher;
  • Windows Installer 3.11.

Informations

what should be the configuration options for windows XP_sp3_32bit. Means what are the files to download?