COMODO Offline Updater 1.0.43.33 Released

From my point of view, i see some usage to homeusers in this. Or atleast first time/re-installing people. For me, the virus update has been in 30% for atleast half an hour now. Going to do something else for an hour, and come back to see. If still 30%, going to try the offline update if that would be faster. Dunnae.

I don’t think that would help, i assume you are on a low bandwidth connection, please look at the FAQ here it explains how to “read” the progress indicator and see in the background what’s going on…

This offline updater will download even more data initially…

What is the Offline Updater?
Is there a ability to update Comodo (AV only?) via USB ?
Or It is only for using in LAN as Sever?

Hello myuser,

The Offline updater is intended for LAN Networks with let’s say 3 or more PC’s that use CIS AV.
One “server” downloads the files and the other PC’s get their updates from this LAN “server”.

Offline update had been request over and over by most comodo user. i think what they meant is they want to download the latest cumulative update from their office or internet cafe or their friends house who have internet connection, put the update in their thumb drive, and go back to their house to update CIS virus definition.

seems like the only way to do this is to copy bases.cav file from updated pc and replace the old bases.cav with the updated one in safe mode.

does comodo allow bases.cav file to be host in free filehosting site like mediafire? maybe someone can compress the file and upload it to filehosting like once a week so that user who didnt have internet connection can still use cis with updated virus definition.

The offline updater uses the HTTP protocol over (by default) port 80. You can’t use it as is on a machine which has IIS installed and active (which I need because I test various web dev packages); you need to choose a different port (such as 81), which means you have to go over the firewall configurations of all the other machines to allow that other port. Not only is this product overkill for most “normal” home users with several computers, it also causes problems of its own.

Would it be possible, in addition to having the real home off-line updater everybody and his brother is clamoring for, to let the current, enterprise-flavor offline updater (which is a real misnomer: it’s not an “offline” updater, it’s a centralized updater), work through IIS when that is installed?

Thank you.

That sounds like a very good idea :smiley:

i can’t believe this updater is not really for naive users. this updater should be more user friendly. another tip is they should add an option on what version of comodo antivirus we are using. it can save a lot of download time. ;D

Translation:

I had a machine on which there was still CIS 3.5, so I have updated it to CIS 3.12.111745.560 (the last available version).

The download of the updatings from COU failed because this CIS looked for as first file a nonexistent cav, BASE_END_USER_v2864.cav, while currently the last present in COU is the BASE_END_USER_v2832.cav

Translation:

I have had to make the first from download updating.comodo.com, then however everything has gone to place, it has automatically downloaded today the updatings from COU and it marks me the updated date, for which I think everything ok. :wink:

Hello everyone. This been my first post in this forum, I will keep it ‘short and sweet’. Where can I get the latest database only? I like the ‘manual update’. This ‘offline updater’ is pretty useless - at least what I am concerned. I have 1x computer with a very fast internet connection (20mbit/sec constant download speed) and 2x computers on a very slow and expensive connection. After 2 about 2GB of download I gave up and won’t bother again with the ‘automatic offline update’ program. I am not going to go into details. PLEASE someone help me with the latest database which I will install myself in ‘safe mode’.

This is the closest thing to what your asking:
[url=https://forums.comodo.com/anti_virus_faq/where_can_i_download_the_latest_full_av_database-t47164.0.html]
https://forums.comodo.com/anti_virus_faq/where_can_i_download_the_latest_full_av_database-t47164.0.html[/url]

Problems!
I had the ‘latest update to Internet Security’ pop-up when I started my machine this morning, so set it away, and re-started when prompted. Having re-started I couldn’t do anything - most sign of life was the egg timer over ‘start’ (I’m XP SP3). Cont / alt / del did nothing. Hit reset, booted into Safe mode and restored, and happily all is well again …apart from the pop-up telling me there’s an update available.
It was only a couple of months ago that a Comodo update fouled things up. Has something similar happened again?

Are you running an AMD processor perhaps?

Please check the release post for CIS 3.13 here

This software is heavy on the internet . In one month it downloaded content to the amount of 58Gb . Where without it my 76 Pc’s does 4.6Gb. How can this then be ?

Can you check your settings and see what it shows on download paths?

Are you talking about Gb Gigabit or GB Gigabyte ?

Download path = http://download.comodo.com , but it keeps going to “us2” “us4” eu2" and so on and redownloading everything all the time.

Sorry I’m talking about GB (Gigabyte)

How many versions do you have in “Remote Folders” ?

Does the Download log show error’s ?

Remote Folders versions 311 and 313

Download error’s : Some on the sigs updates , looks as if some of the mirrors are not in sync.

My 313 folder is 3,2GB large so i assume it didn’t download more over the line, but as i don’t monitor this I’m not sure. Do you have CIS installed on that server/host also? can you see if it continues to download files?

Maybe create a packet capture of what’s going on so we can see what goes wrong.

does it look complicated?? can comodo give us defination files and we open comodo and do update from files like avg do??