Comodo Internet Security v11.0.0.6744 - RC

I’m very dissapointed from where this application goes. I updated to this RC via the update function (adding the IPs manually). Then rebooted and again the widget didn’t load. With an error:

Όνομα ελαττωματικής εφαρμογής: bad_module_info, έκδοση 0.0.0.0, χρονική σήμανση: 0x00000000 Όνομα ελαττωματικής λειτουργικής μονάδας: unknown, έκδοση: 0.0.0.0, χρονική σήμανση: 0x00000000 Κωδικός εξαίρεσης: 0xc0000374 Μετατόπιση σφάλματος: 0x00007ffbe114af49 Αναγνωριστικό ελαττωματικής διεργασίας: 0x86c Χρόνος έναρξης ελαττωματικής εφαρμογής: 0x01d49bad7e83716f Διαδρομή ελαττωματικής εφαρμογής: bad_module_info Διαδρομή ελαττωματικής λειτουργικής μονάδας:unknown Αναγνωριστικό αναφοράς: cdc79568-709e-47f8-916f-1c53a38b8b81 Πλήρες όνομα ελαττωματικού πακέτου: Αναγνωριστικό εφαρμογής που σχετίζεται με το ελαττωματικό πακέτο:

This error is not new, it has been there in several versions of Comodo 11. I thought it was fixed, but apparently it is not, keeps coming back like a ghost.

Then i uninstalled the Comodo 11 RC and cleaned the files with the utility.

I installed the offline full installer and everything seems to work fine with the widget loading etc etc.

Still i see a lot of errors:

1. Microsoft-Windows-WMI, Η υπηρεσία παροχής συμβάντων CisWmi επιχείρησε να καταχωρήσει ερώτημα “SELECT * FROM DfAlert”, για το οποίο η κλάση προορισμού “DfAlert” στο χώρο ονομάτων //./root/cis δεν υπάρχει. Το ερώτημα θα παραβλεφθεί (meaning that it failed)

2. Still the DC040780 error.

Those event viewer errors mean nothing . . . they are being addressed in the next release and do not affect CIS at all

I hope so. Still you must agree that version 11 is a bit problematic. We struggle with 11 for … what … 4-5 months now ? Or more ?

ı skip using v11 going to try v12

I do see that there are some minor problems with 11, but you have to bear in mind that Win 10 1809 and its quite numerous, serious update issues is very hard to keep up with . . . I have yet to see a Win10 system Event Viewer that isn’t populated with Red and Yellow notices, but that usually isn’t working just fine

Event Viewer warnings / errors are an indication at best and Comodo is undoubtedly well aware of these as they head for the next release

About the problem with crashing router causing cmdagent.exe to use up a full processor core. It looks like it is fixed but I couldn’t test it like how I wanted it.

I had an off line installer that would crash the router. It turned out the crashes happened because I had Cut Through Forwarding disabled. That problem reproduced on Windows 7. I don’t that Windows 7 installation anymore and I am currently on Windows 10. So I could no longer make the router crash on demand even with the Cut Through Forwarding setting disabled

I did test by restarting the router several times and see if that would trigger cmdagent.exe to start using up one CPU core. Cmdagent.exe kept on behaving nicely so I assume the issue is fixed.

Hello team.

Thanks for your feedback, it is very much appreciated.

I would like to clarify the situation with DC040780 and WMI errors in event log - those messages are actual for win 1809 and higher.
They appear because of MS changes and actual for a lot of AVs.
As Ploget mentioned, they do not affect protection functionality at all.

Fixes are already implemented and included in the next major release scope, the same as containment fixes, as all this stuff is on kernel level.

We plan to go on public with 11.0.0.6744 before we release next version because of two reasons:

• It has a bunch of fixes for issues automatically reported to us, which might be invisible, but significantly affect overall stability.
  • We’ve implemented a lot of stuff under the hood for RS5+ support. So, update from 11.0.0.6744 to the next release will be as smooth as possible (technically it will use minor update flow).

Thank you so much for the extensive heads up. It’s good to know what Comodo has cooking for us. :slight_smile:

I am happy to see the automatic reported crashes are contributing to stability.

Services windows system (windows 10 809) slowdown in boot or reboot;
With comodo internet security time of 3 min. up for 3, 4, 5… minutes;
team comodo can alert microsoft about incident or problem is for me in two PCs ?

sorry my english! :stuck_out_tongue:

Could you please check your PM?

In Windows 10 (17763.195) this compilation is not a problem. I also do not see any problem with NordVPN and a loaded processor.

Yes
No problem in CIS; :stuck_out_tongue:
problem solved clean files in attachment.

Boot and reboot 5 -10 secunds :smiley:

I have been keeping an eye on the AV updates of the beta server. The beta server is not working properly and will not serve AV updates. When I use the regular server I will get the AV updates.

When I check for AV updates with the beta server it will respond that the latest database is the database that I have installed. That is even though Comodo Anti Malware Database Latest Version & Additions 2022 reports that a newer database is available. When I use the regular server I will get updated to the latest database. The only explination that I have is that the beta server mirrors the installed local database number as being the latest database available.

At Staff. Is the beta server available for AV updates at this moment?

Tested this version and effectively it solved the high CPU usage problem. Thank you!

The same story. I confirm.

Yeah they for some reason stop updating the AV dbs on the beta server, so you won’t get new AV updates unless you use the normal update servers.

Also, a permanent error with the update database sites.

A quick question to any of the more senior/experienced Comodo posters here?

Are any of you able to escalate this issue of lack of reliable AV database updates with Comodo?

How do you mean? If you are referring to the beta server currently not serving av updates just use the regular server. It’s beta testing so we have to put up with some inconvenience. Otherwise it wouldn’t be beta testing and it wouldn’t be fun, wouldn’t it? :wink:

Hi Eric - even the regular server is not working very reliably - that’s the point I made in other posts on the subject.