Comodo Internet Security v11.0.0.6728 – Released

Is this a “final” release or another test release?

Will this one update automatically my V10 this time?

Yes, this is a Final.
Ad
How to adjust a link in your favorites so that the last page of the topic always opened (go last page)?

I think you are dreaming.

Still can’t watch Facebook gifs or videos in Opera while sandboxed, also Facebook is slow to scroll and tends to stop allowing me to scroll down my feed very quickly…

Hi guys,

thx to the Comodo Team for this great software.

I am having some weird problem since the release of Comodo 11. I am still on 10.0.2.6420. Every version of Comodo 11 has the effect that every app like Winword, Security Center Dashboard or the Windows Taskmanager take up to 10 seconds to show up after clicking on the respective icon. I tried on a fresh install of Windows 10 1803 and 1809. Same effects. Going back to 10.0.2.6420 and all apps start immediately.

I have no explanation for this behaviour. May someone help please? I only use Comodo Firewall with HIPS activated only. No antivirus.

Thank you and have a nice weekend.

Hi guys, many thanks! :slight_smile:
It works perfectly on windows 10 Build 10586.1176 :-TU

Thanks

Hello team,
Comodo FW 6710 updated to 6728.
Reboot.
I found no issues for the moment.

well done coders :wink:

Greetings
ailef.

Little Update : cmdagent came back and I have issues with my VPN, lost connection, unable to reconnect, had to end vpn process then all was fine again.
and each time I had issue like losing my real ISP connection or my VPN one, cmdagent started to eat cpu usage. (think you already know that but I confirm it again some minutes ago, and I don’t see any other reason).

I have enabled the Password Protection feature. Sometimes I have to enter the password to allow the Untrusted program.

For ex-

HDSentinel Professional Portable program - A .vbs script is run in the containment. I allow i.e “do not isolate again” and get the password window.

Eazy Fix (Windows Time Machine) program - Its User Guide (.chm file) opened from the “about eazy fix” section is run in the containment. I allow i.e “do not isolate again” and get the password window.

Will this one update automatically my V10 this time?
Will there be an auto update from V10 soon?

How many times the same question has to be repeated at this support forum to get answered finally?

Comodo waits until they have compatibility with Windows 10 RS5 sufficiently worked out to deploy at the wide scale of the program update.

There is nothing more to it. If you don’t want to wait install v11 using the installer. It’s best to save your profile first and uninstall v10 before doing so.

Thank you, will do, as I’m not interested in Windows 10 compatibility.

another “update” version correcting some bugs that I didnt see before, but keeping the problems Ive seen people complaining many times… thanks again…

this edition continues with the lags and high cpu usage as before… all the hole v11 is a total waste of my time. sorry, but thats the true. back to latest v10 and all good again… im tired of this. since its a free software, ill not complain anymore. bb. ill be back at v12 or v13…

Good job with the release!

Thank you for what we have, because COMODO is freeware. By the way, the Release of Windows 10 v1809 (October November 2018 Update) is possible next week Windows 10 October 2018 Update is now expected to arrive in November

Every time I download the installation file for a new FW version, I have to manually set, and try to remember all my previous settings from the previous version. This is very time consuming especially if one makes custom rules.

You should provide an option to retain previous settings or do a clean install in the installer. Other vendors do this.

Forgetting a custom rule made, can open one to vulnerabilities.

Advanced Settings > Configuration > Export . . . . then when you install a new version, import that Configuration

[Tested] CIS 11.0.0.6728
Now we can remove Comodo Alternate Data Stream only in internal drive, for external drive we can’t. Please fix.
For More info about this ADS infection.
https://forums.comodo.com/resolvedoutdated-issues-cis/unable-to-delete-cmdtcid-streams-when-cis-is-installed-m1935-t116661.0.html

Yes, but the only problem now is that once you did that you are missing all the new or modified default rules that the new version you’ve installed is supposed to bring… Letting yourself opened to other security holes…

Unless this behavior was changed recently, it’s what I observed in previous versions. There is no way to ‘merge’ or update an existing configuration with the new defaults.

So the safest things to do is to waste quite a bit of your time recreating manually all your rules and rediscover the one you missed at your expense in the weeks/months to come…

Agreed - you can’t ‘merge’ with any default settings, but there is very little in default settings rules that chages from different version updates. If there is, it is given in detail with the release notice for the new one. Unless you’re doing a major upgrade - 8 to 11 for instance