COMODO Internet Security HIGH CPU usage 2023

COMODO Internet Security HIGH CPU usage while conducting weekly scans are making the system become unusable. I scheduled the scans to run early morning and yet they run into the late afternoon the next day or longer. Typically running the CPU to 60 - 99% and the CIS process running between 60 - 90%. This is absurd.

Comodo Internet Security Premium 12.2.2.8012.35478

Hi Sea,

Thank you for reporting.
We will reach you through private message to get required log for further investigation.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi Sea,

Could you please check your inbox for pm and provide us the requested performance log ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hello,
Is there any solution to this problem that works and is effective?
It seems that we have been struggling with the same problem for many years.

I have already tested a few or a dozen tips available on this forum and on the Internet and I still have a CPU usage of the cmdagent.exe process at 97% every few days. It almost looks like I’m mining cryptocurrency for others.
Not so long ago in 2022, I was still using Win7Pro here and the problem was 3/year, restart helped.

Currently:
I have two computers with a twin setup:
The first (laptop) everything is OK.
Second (desktop), the CPU load reaches 97%.
In most cases, the CPU load increases after launching a web browser or RSS client.

Win 10 EN Pro 22H2 + all recent updates
CIS 12.2.2.8012. Configuration [Comodo - Internet Security]
Windows Defender Virus + Firewall are disabled permanently. I do not use any other additional security programs.

In order to solve the problem, I deactivated individual functions and modules one by one. In most cases, this was the solution to the problem, but unfortunately only for a short time. After a few days, the problem returned like a boomerang.

I disabled:
Show messages from COMODO Message Center
Check for database updates every
Automatically download program updates
Automatically install program updates in critical situations
Check for database updates every
Check for updates during Windows Automatic Maintenance
Send anonymous program usage statistics to COMODO + change file attributes to read only in Task
Antivirus
HIPS
Auto-Containment
VirusScope
Website Filtering
File Rating - Cloud Lookup

Additionally, I recently blocked (in/out) cmdagent.exe in the firewall.
I have observed that this solution works for +/- 10 days. After this time, the problem is active again, so I unblock the process in the firewall, update Comodo by the way, block again and after 3-4 restarts of the computer, the CPU load returns to 3%.

While searching for a solution, I re-installed CIS several times. I installed the latest drivers for the network card, I also tested 10-year-old drivers. I reinstalled Windows. I scanned the computer with external tools for viruses and malvers. I’ve even disabled all modules including Firewall, but does that still make sense?

Thanks in advance for any tips and solutions.

In addition to the main problem, I am also intrigued by the following questions:

What is the function of cmdagent.exe? Maybe it’s worth trying to delete this file…?

Theoretically, all modules are disabled, updates, feedback, etc., and yet cmdagent.exe connects to addresses (e.g. 104.18.32.68; 172.64.155.188; 178.255.082.005; 169.150.247.37) on ports (80; 443). What does cmdagent.exe look for there? What data does it send, what data does it receive?

Hi berggg,

Thank you for reporting.
Could you please check your inbox for pm and respond ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

The resolution of the issue remains uncertain. I had overlooked the fact that I enabled logging in March, which subsequently led to a noticeable decrease in performance. The inclusion of a tag in the header of the saved SDB files would be highly advantageous.

cavwp has often been mentioned with high CPU usage. I’m in between installs as the moment but never saw cavwp go above 5% on my machine. Have you tried disabling web protection?

Good morning,
on my desktop (Intel i7-3770K / 32GB RAM / Windows 10 Pro x64) I’m using COMODO Firewall 12.2.2.8012 (Auto-Containment, HIPS, ViruScope, Web Filter are disabled).
After a few hours after turning on the PC, the cmdagent.exe process starts to have a very high CPU usage.
On some occasions the cmdagent.exe process uses up all available CPU and causes computer saturation.
So I ask you if I can set a limit on CPU usage or if there is another solution. Thank you for the support.

Hi alfauser,

Thank you for reporting.
Could you please check your inbox for pm and respond ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Dear COMODO Team, I received an initial email from you but I have yet to receive instructions from you on how to collect performance information. I await your reply.

Hi alfauser,

We have already attached instruction in the file name called Performance 2021.zip.
Kindly unzip the file and check.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Dear COMODO Team,
Unfortunately I have not received any email with the attachment. The emails I have received from you are all without any attachments and the emails I have sent you have all come back.
Please send me your instructions on how to collect performance information or tell me where I can download this Performance 2021.zip file.
My desktop is still in the situation shown in the figure.
Senzanome

So please give me support.
Thank you

Hi alfauser,

Thank you for reporting.
We will send the instruction.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Dear COMODO Team,

We are also facing this issue on most of PCs. Comodo internet security helper service is using too much CPU. Every component of COMODO security is disabled. and even after that CPU usaGE IS 100%.

CPU usage

So please look into this.

Thank you.

Hi It_learner,

Thank you for reporting.
May i know your CIS version and win version ?
Are you using any other security software other than CIS ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi. Try and see this link: Manage Performance/General Settings, and tell me if this helps. :slight_smile:

Thanks - RESEarcher

There are no such performance settings in CIS Pro/Premium : Comodo Internet Security General Software Settings | Internet Security Help

My issue is solved, for the most part. It was user error, forgetting to disable logging.

As previously mentioned, it would be beneficial if the cis SDB file ought to include what created it within the header of the file.

Users posting their specific issue to this thread should have created their own threads unless similar to this. It can derail this thread’s focus on the cause of the 100% CPU usage issue in this particular case, especially for other forum browsers reading the thread.

I have the same problem with high usage cpu in comodo internet security. I don’t know what i can do.
Please help

Hi maciejak,

Thank you for reporting.
Disable CIS components one by one & restart the machine then enable the CIS components and check if there is still high cpu usage.
Kindly let us know your feedback.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT