COMODO Internet Security 8.2.0.4591 is released!

Different installers for 32 & 64 Bits will be better.

And also online installer will be good. Coz with online installer you can select the module to download & avoid browser/geekbuddy, etc… too & save more bandwidth.

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the feedbacks.

Yes we 're working on the web installers. We aimed to have them with the next major release :-TU

For your kind information,

Buket

Hi BuketB,
I hope you mean also and not only Web installers?

Thanks.

• 1 :slight_smile:

I download each version only once, and keep all installers and use it to update other computers.

Dennis

Hi captainsticks,

Yes sure :slight_smile: :-TU

Kind Regards
Buket

Hello Cavct,

Thank you very much for your feedbacks and in case you need please also feel fre to send me pm as well regarding any problem you have. I would be happy to help you.

Kind Regards
Buket

Hi Buket.
That is good, thank you. :-TU

Kind regards.

I agree separate installers for 64 & 32 Bit is a step in the right direction. :-TU

Thank You BuketB for the generous offer to pm you, I appreciate it. :-TU

Hi buketB.

I did the upgrade to this new version and everything is going fine on my production machine.

I was looking at the avg internet security and I saw how they handle the unknow files (i dont trust then) and I was thinking that its time for CIS to elaborate a better way to handle unknow files instead of blocking everything crazily as CIS do now.

maybe a good way to paliate this situation is to make CIS “asks” user to isolate or not any unknow files, instead of automaticaly isolate it. Whats you feelings about it?

If im not mistaken there is already a with request for this behavior.

I was thinking if there is the possibility to handle files as “trees” or somekind of “group files” so this could work like this:

For gamming experience: A usr downloads a game in iso format. This iso contains 100 files in it. When laucing the installer for this game CIS will probably isolate it as its a unknow file. But CIS goes crazy and will isolate every kind of process coming from this installer. So, CIS could make a temporary file group policy for all the 100 files on this iso and is we attempt to open the game installer CIS will prompt us to isolate or not this file AND isolate or trust “the files on that group policy” so we can install the (trusted by us) game without problemas. The same goes when unninstalling this same game.

What are your feeling about this comodo users, fans, mods and devs?

EDI.: see. this request is because im so tired of having to reopen files that I trust and already marked as trusted on cis but CIS keep isolating any processes from these files. this is annoyng and stop my productivity everytime on any computer and in any kind of scenario (gaming, browsing, working, authoring, developing, etc).

Not able to get this working on fresh install of Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 100130.
After install it updates. then the scan starts and abort .
Only information I find about it is in Event Viewer with the following.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hey Cavct,

You’re welcome. Any time you need, just drop me a pm and I would be happy to read and reply back to you.

You are the ones that is feeding our product; your feedbacks are very important.

Kind Regards
Buket

Hi yro,

Thank you for your feedback and recommendation. I think that would be a little bit dangerous, if the file is unknown, unless you know it very well or using for a long time; you should not trust it as well :slight_smile: Nobody should trust it. Why trust any unknown file, when there is a way to execute it virtually and observe its behaviours ? I do agree with you for the unknown files that you know very well; however this scenerio is not always like this and this might be dangerous. Anyway, we are open to evaluate your suggestons. Let me know your comments.

Kind Regards
Buket

Hey yro,

I got your point very well. :slight_smile: We will have a new feature with the next major release; which would help you about this case. I will give information about this soon. :-TU :-TU

Kind Regards
Buket

ok. Im waiting for news about this subject.

about the other comments, its hard for me to handle the cis isolating everything even if i know the file and trust it. maybe better handling the way that cis do things about unknow files will affect this scenario and make things better for us, users. just making cis asks what to do instead automaticaly isolating everything will be a great thing.

I have another question to bring on the tabble about cis 8.x.x (the latest update is affected too): why cis “removes” files propreties? i have several files that dont have propreties anymore because CIS removes then.

even the own cis (this latest one) installer lost its propreties. when I try to copy the cis installer to a pen drive and move it to another computer without cis , windows asks me if i really want to copy/move the file because it has no informations on its propreties. why is that happening?

please talk to devs so they fix it.

ps.: I have the option about track files disabled here but it seems to not do the job. maybe its becasue cis is installed with this option enabled by default and only after installation that we can disable it.

Hey yro,

I got your point, we will have a different solution for this but I m gonna think about this option as well.

Kind Regards
Buket

Hello again,

I m checking with devs. :-TU Thank you very much for the feedback.

Kind Regards
Buket

Hello Everybody,

I would like to share the reviews for the latest release on the links below. Your comments would be appreciated :-TU

Kind Regards
Buket

Hi,
I noticed that in win 8.1, 64 bit, cis does not automatically disables the windows firewall.
its normal, or bug?