COMODO Internet Security 8.0.0.4314 BETA Released!

Still significantly less flat. Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against new theme. But their names are confusing. They should switch them.

ok so it looks like the default config and proactive config now have a few different settings

internet security config (default):

• The autosandbox rules are the same as previous beta
  • Viruscope only monitors sandboxed apps
  • Under file rating the option to NOT show popup alerts is disabled. I think this is a bug because in default config this option is usually enabled.

proactive config:

• The autosandbox rules changed. By default all unknown applications will be autosandboxed like v7.
  • Viruscope monitors all applications (not just sandboxed applications)
  • Under file rating the option to NOT show popup alerts is enabled. I think this is a bug because in proactive config this option is usually disabled.

These arent the only differences between default and proactive but these are the differences that i have noticed from the previous beta.

Oh, ok then…I had only submission issue…like most of the folks here… :slight_smile:

i did not test the new version 8 beta 2.

What are you waiting for? ;D

For what it’s worth for those who asked about the file submission now working in 8.0 beta 2.

I can confirm that file submission now works in 8.0 beta 2, testing on real machines:

Windows 8.1 x86 Pro Update 1 .
Windows 7 SP1 x64 Ultimate.

I upgraded from 8.0 beta 1 to beta 2 via the built in updater, which seemed to work well - all of my settings were migrated and I was asked minimal questions by the installer/updater during the update - Only question it asked was if I wanted my homepages set to Yahoo.

:slight_smile:

+1

:-TU

christmas

i dont have virtual machine and using beta in production machine is littbit risky.

Ok then…I thought it was Easter… ;D

Hello,

Thanks COMODO team and Melih for the new Beta version. :-TU :-TU
Just like to know, is it compatible with Windows 10 Technical Preview? Anyone tried it on Windows 10 TP? :slight_smile:

Presumably no official support for the latest operating system but I am just curious. :stuck_out_tongue:

Regards,
Kardo

Stopper bug: when playing videos in Flash Player 15.0.0.189 it will show a green space instead of the actual video. Sound will play normally. This happens on Win 8.1.1 x64 and Win 7 SP1 x64. See attached image.

After updating to beta 2 on Windows 8.1.1 x64 I noticed the problem. On my Win 7 SP1 x64 I was still running beta 1 and videos worked normally. After updating to beta 2 the problem happened on my Win 7 system.

On Win 8 I tried using the previous version of Flash, v15.0.0. 152, but it also happened with that version.

Are there any people experiencing the same thing?

I will report later.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I downloaded this beta version for several times in China, but the downloaded file is still the previous beta version( build 4281).

I don’t know why…

Hi

Can i install this Beta 2 over the last CIS 7 Version

Is this Version now multilanguage available

With Best Regards
Mops21

Can anybody confirm if is possible to use classic theme on the cis 8 beta 2?

If not, COMODO, please, make possible so we can choose the theme to have on cis 8. I see that the pool is going crazy and a lot of people is coosing moder ui, but please, dont ignore our requests, dont ignore the classic theme option to be added on cis 8.

They are choosing default theme. :wink:

yes but on the cis 8 beta 2 is that possible to choose what theme to use ? are the themes there for us to choose from?

Hi,

Yes, you have previous all plus a new one and yes, you can choose what you want (assuming classic)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Your logic behind this question eludes me.

Nice :wink: