COMODO Internet Security 7.0.317799.4142 Released!

Do you know if Viruscope has evolved since being introduced? I mean, any additional things it protects against? It would be useful to add all the new things it protects against in the changelogs of new CIS versions, either that or having a dedicated page for what’s new in Viruscope releases, sort of like the AV database update page, just more information…

Although I definitely agree that Viruscope isn’t mature enough to be enabled by default, currently it does interfere with other programs (silently) for example Viruscope interferes with Nvidia GeForce driver installation & GeForce Experience updates, when Viruscope is enabled the previously mentioned things when either installing or updating will fail, with Viruscope turned off they completed successfully. Once I was left with no GeForce drivers at all, mainly when choosing the “Clean” option in the driver installation, this will uninstall previous drivers before installing the new drivers, the uninstall would be successful but the install would fail, leaving you with no GeForce drivers, or at least that’s what happened in my case.

i honestly dont know. That would be great if we could get an update page for VC. I dont have any doubt that comodo is working to improve VC’s capabilities.

have you reported the issue with the nvidia drivers and nvidia experience?

I’ve asked that Star Group should get a spec for any new recognisers in the next build they review (when it comes…)

If not confidential we should be able to tell you then. I don’t think they have made significant updates - version shows 4032 and I have not seen new behavior. Probably just tweaked - eg registry key cover, some copies as well as moves etc etc.

Yes indeed I have.

That would be nice although I feel it should also be provided with new public releases as well and not just for the Star Group, I mean right there in the changelogs, perhaps have a little area for viruscope changes/updates.

VirtualBox 4.3.14 conflicts with anti-virus packages.

Comodo Internet Security Premium 7.0.317799.4142 running on Windows 8.1 x64

I’m not sure that it is a Comodo problem but I like to inform you about it.

If you have any suggestions will be appreciated.

thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

Very sorry you are having this problem.

Please report this as a bug here and in Vbox forum. Something similar was known before - we had been assured it was fixed. It may be a VBox or a CIS bug. If it happened immediately after a Vbox update (and not a CIS update) please say that in the report.

Best wishes

Mike

I’m experiencing a memory leak when i have CIS firewall installed on windows 8.1 x64 and on windows 7 x64 as well .The non-paged pool is taking all of my available memory. It seems totally random and I can’t find a workaround but I’m sure its because of kernel driver CIS however i do not have any proof. Any workarounds?

Thanks

I’m sorry you are having this problem, there is an issue reported with TexStudio and MiKTex causing such a problem which resolves if AV is disabled. It is possible that adding any program involved to both av exceptions lists might work.

If you have not already, and its not the same problem, I’d suggest making a bug report.

The report is: here.

Best wishes

Mike

I am not using the AV. I have never installed it. It seems to be totally random and I have tried disabling features like virus scope, the sandbox but no luck. I’ll keep looking. Thanks

I moved from the beta directly to this version (stupid updater never informed me of a new version 88) ) and I seem to be having the problem that was supposedly fixed according to the changelog:

Fixed

• Alerts are blocked while there pending notifications – This may cause some users to observe blocked Internet, delayed alerts or sometimes freezes

After running for 24-48 hours, programs start to freeze and I get delayed popups for trusted apps, even if HIPS is set to clean pc mode. Eventually I have to reset the PC.

Sound like a bug. Please create a bug report for this here Comodo Forum

Hi!

Soon we can expect a new version of CIS, the with the new function Threatcast - a system for managing alerts based on the statistics of the events, which is formed by the user community?

In Russian translation to the new version, this feature is present.

http://pixs.ru/showimage/1jpg_9139738_13082959.jpg

http://pixs.ru/showimage/2jpg_8244422_13082969.jpg

Thank you!

Threat Cast function is not new. This feature was once in the third version,then stopped working, but perhaps decided this feature back? Where did you get the information that it will be in the new version?

What is not new, I know. Probably shut it until better times. Now there are technologies and capabilities to develop, I guess. In the Russian translation is present, this function (see reference 1)

That it will not be 100% sure.

3 months later…time for new update…

Also hopes to see a lot of bugs fixed.

good news , thanks :-TU

Maybe Comodo v8, coming first quarter 2015 :slight_smile:

Company Comodo slow to upgrade their products, and above this can be found filled with bugs

Hi sd ahmad,
While this maybe true that Comodo has some delays in updating, I don’t agree that their software has any more bugs than any other software.
All software has bugs and in the case of Comodo these bugs might be highlighted more due to the extensive community involvement.

I thank the community for their contribution towards solving bugs/issues and I thank Comodo for giving the community this open opportunity to do so.

All good things come to those that wait. :wink:

Kind regards.