COMODO Internet Security 7.0.317799.4142 Released!

Yes please stay on topic.

I do not mind you discussing other AV/ Firewalls etc. but please do start another topic on a different board.

Please note this is a release topic for CIS.

Thank you

Dennis

hello, I’ve just joined the forum and don’t know where to report bugs.

My system is windows 8.1 64 bit, updated to the latest update patches.

Was using this latest version of comodo firewall without any problem and yet when I try playing video games, and put comodo into game mode problems occur.

Comodo allows all the outgoing connections by all running processes even when I revert the game mode setting to normal and it no longer ask permissions for any outgoing connection even when I ticked out of the game mode.
And it doesn’t show any traffic signs of established connections I can’t even tell which program has established outbound connection to which IP.

I was using comodo with avira free and razor game boost, when this occrurred.

I uninstalled and reinstalled comodo but it only works w/o this problem until I play a game with game mode and razor game boost.

In my and many others opinion, you should never use game mode.

I only used them b/c it made the game perform a bit faster and I really need those b/c I mostly play twitch shooters…

So guess it would be best to uninstall CIS completely and never use game mode again…

so others here agree that game mode is a bad idea?

Thanks for the tips :smiley:

Hi if I want to use the proactive profiles with HIPS, do I need behavior blocker and viruscope? From what I saw I have some intense CPU usage with all enabled, especially with viruscope enabled. IMHO auto-sandbox doesn’t bring more security, if you have HIPS enabled. Comodo need to rethink the profiles: Internet security profiles(BB and Viruscope enabled), Proactive profiles(only HIPS enabled) since advanced users choose this profiles for HIPS, if you have all enabled under proactive profiles you don’t get more security just more resource consumption.

What you could do is… Keep CIS on Training mode… Play your games n use the necessary apps for sometime, it will cause CIS to create allowing rules for those softwares and then switch to normal mode and everything else will work fine without any interruption in your games…
I do this on every new install of CIS and it works well without breaking CIS…

I know thats a work around but this is if you want to use CIS anyways…

There’s no reason to uninstall CIS. I play my games with CIS on my normal settings and have no problems. I have tried turning off CIS when gaming and it didn’t seem to make any difference in performance.

The Game Mode allows everything by everything and doesn’t work the way it did in earlier versions where it just suppressed updates and alerts. If there was anything bad that somehow came through your game or even through something else when you tab out to look something up, it would be allowed to do anything it wanted. To me, Game Mode is very dangerous in the way it now works.

Hi!

When will send files to check? Works if you send as a false alarm.

hello world,

I have some question about the firewall alert popup on the last comodo, does it resolve the ip ?
because svchost for exemple is asking acces hundred times and the ip means nothing to me,
so that’s why i ask if this feature is present or it’s not a good idea as it should take too much time and you 'll lose speed capacity of treatment for a huge numbers of ip in case of high traffic ?

Greetings

ailef

where the next build :stuck_out_tongue:

┏┛┻━━━┛┻┓
┃|||||||┃
┃ ━ ┃
┃ ┳┛ ┗┳ ┃
┃ ┃
┃ ┻ ┃
┃ ┃
┗━┓ ┏━┛
┃ 史 ┃
┃ 诗 ┃
┃ 之 ┃
┃ 宠 ┃
┃ ┗━━━┓
┃经验与我同在 ┣┓
┃攻楼专用宠物 ┃
┗┓┓┏━┳┓┏┛
┃┫┫ ┃┫┫
┗┻┛ ┗┻┛
要不是3倍经验,我也不会带着我宝贵的宠物来。
汉语:我是来打酱油的。
英语: I’m going to buy some soy sauce.
韩语: 나는 간장 소스.
德语: ich gehe Sojasosse kaufen.
法语: je me suis prend que sauce de soja.
俄语: Я пришла за соевым соусом.
荷兰语:kwam ik tot een sojasaus
西班牙语:me vino a un salsa de soja
意大利语:venuta solo a comprare la salsa di soia.

IDK what devs done to this release, but it works fine on my main PC. Since 6.0 I couldn’t install CIS on my main PC. This version runs smooth. Now I have CF + Emsisoft AM (lic) there.

Topic from Big Mike about files being trusted split and moved to bug reports for investigation by Chiron

This is why I hate CIS in this situations:
Just tried to update JDownloader. When I tried to install it, it got sandboxed. I told CIS that it’s OK, let it be. But no, it got sandoboxed again. And again. And again.

EVERY.

FREAKING.

TIME.

But wait, there is more! I wanted to uninstall Realtek HD Audio drivers. Did CIS let me? Hell no! Temp uninstaller got snadboxed again and again until I disabled sandoxed completely.

Seriously, who in the right mind would recommend CIS to folks without PC knowledge, when it’s sanboxing completely harmless and well known applications?

I am sorry you are having this problem. This does not normally happen in recent versions of CIS.

Please try reinstalling CIS using these guidelines:here

If this does not solve your problem please report a bug in the Bug Reports Board.

Many thanks and best wishes

Mouse

This may not apply to your case but for me, svchost was creating alerts for connections from the other computers in my network. I finally just told it to allow the connection but then went in and modified the rule to only allow communication within the network. The printer hooked up to this machine is shared with the others.

I have found that CCleaner (set to run when computer starts) causes the problems that I am reading in this forum. I have had internet connection problems at startup, sound driver loading problems, and other startup program problems. I doubt that I am missing any HIPS rule. The problems do not happen consistently. I guess the variable is the amount of cleaning that is done.
I am going to create a scheduled task to run the program when I’m sure that I consistently have no more startup problems. I haven’t had much problems when CCleaner is set to NOT start when computer starts, and any problem shows in the logs.

Why is it that every time I make a claim that I’m not having any problems, something pops up? CCleaner was my last problem. Whenever I disable CCleaner at startup, I have no startup problem. Enabling CCleaner causes intermittant problems for me, which makes sense to me. I don’t think that cleaning at startup is a good idea. Our system is too busy writing to the log files when CCleaner wants to delete them. Our system is busy loading prefetch files while startup programs are being loaded. Also, I’ve noticed that I need more rules for startup programs that I don’t need when CCleaner is not loaded at startup, which leads to the questions when does Hips protection begin, when does logging begin, when does training begin.
Yesterday, I ran Internet Explorer for the first time. I have HIPS in paranoid mode, sandbox enabled, trusted vendors disabled. First question, do I want to trust IE? I already know that I’m going to hold my nose and trust it or else the program will not connect to the internet. I don’t want to even begin talking about how much fun I had creating IE rules because I want to get to my point.
I now need a rule for all of my networking programs: Protected Files/Folders - \Device\Netbt_TCPIP_(5C12A490-1B94-4163-AEDB-E9F9C464DA9C). The only question I have in the mind is what the heck did IE do to my machine. I just found another reason why I shouldn’t trust Microsoft. My intermittant problem that I had during startup has returned, but now the logs show that I need this rule. I’m not sure yet what I am going to do about this situation. Luckily I made a backup of my partition 2 days ago, so what I’m going to do is restore it and do some more observing.

The rule that you people might need will probably be different from mine. Check the registry key: HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/Current Version/Network Cards. This looks like it will clear the networking and sound card problems.

When Viruscope will be enabled by default in the CIS? :110:

its enabled in proactive config but give it some time to mature then they will enable it in internet security config

Ok, i understand :-TU