COMODO Internet Security 7.0.317799.4142 Released!

Yep I can confirm this :-TD

Hi, i use comodo firewall v5, my system is Intel Pentium Dual Cpu 1.60 Ghz./ 2GB Ram/ Windows Vista Home Premium SP2, can i use v7 with this system, if i use my computer work slow?

Fresh archive of 500 files (unpacking antivirus CIS was off 7) scan CCE 1.6. and built-in CIS 7.0.

Subtotal:
CCE 1.6. - Detection 497
CCE 7.0. built in the CIS - Detective 4

When sending files will work on the scan? It only works if you send as a “false positive”

[attachment deleted by admin]

I have a system here with 2gb RAM, A single core Celeron 420 @ 1.6ghz, running Vista Home Basic SP2 32 bit. Everything works fine.

I have an old laptop with WinXP, 1.5 GHz, 2gb RAM and CIS v7.0 runs fine. You should have no trouble.

Does anybody have any idea when the newest version of CIS will be released? I, and a lot of others, had problems with the current version completely freezing our machines. We’ve submitted bug reports, but I’m anxious to return to the comforting arms of Comodo. AVG free version is pretty stiff, with none of the elegance and configurability of CIS.

we dont have any info about the next release. it will be released when its ready.

Hi. I’m using CIS version 6.3.302093.2976 on Windows 7 with no issues. Everything is fine.
I was just wondering if there is any significant reason why I should consider upgrading to the latest version of CIS?

Check the release notes what news and improved in the CIS v7.
I recommend use v7.

I’m not interested in PrivDog whatsoever. I don’t see any new features that jump out at me and have me wanting to upgrade because of x and y features that have been added. I’ve had no issues at all with the current installation. I guess I’ll stick with CIS version 6.3.302093.2976 for the time being.

Hi thebigshot,
Maybe other users opinions and votes might help you decide.
COMODO V5 & V6 & V7 Users Count Poll

Kind regards.

Thank for pointing me in the right direction :smiley:

You are welcome. :slight_smile:
I hope V7 treats you well as it has done for me, if you decide to install it.

Hello,
Result:

• 2 Months of tests on this platform V.7 (v.7.0.317799.4142 latest version) on OS => Windows 7 Pro x32 / x64 - Windows 8.1 Pro SP1 x64
  • Performance is at the appointment .
  • Testing Firewall / Antivirus are excellent.
  • The HIPS function associated Viruscope + provides very reassuring about new threats (zero DAY).
  • No Bug met for me on high above + OS (BSOD and others …).
  • The configuration of all modules (A / V - Firewall - HIPS-…) is consistent with my expectations.
    Encouraging me to developers.
    A big THANK YOU
    cdt
    ZorKas

I had to ‘Downgrade’ CIS to the release of 2012.
That version was and is stable on my PC (Vista).

Reason for the Downgrade;
Tricky boot and power off issue.
Could NOT install any new program or even without any installer (USB-related).
Even when I disable all the security options in CIS, it didn’t help.

Further;
After power-up, and as soon the Desktop apear, I had to open ‘My Computer’ as soon as possible,
if don’t do that, then the Explorer is locking and the Window’s Menu button is NOT responding.
Only a hard-rest is the only option.

Solution;
After a clean CIS uninstall and reboot and install the CIS version from 2012 everything went normal!

i already changed my antivirus because of comodo’s some strange behaviour that i dont think will be solved in future and i am fed up to complain again and again.

Using 360 Internet Security now, wondering what Firewall to use other than Comodo… Something…

OnlineArmor, PrivateFirewall…

Agnitum has decent firewall. You can choose it. Check the latest Matousec Proactive results. :wink:

but guys please stay on topic :P0l

Haha… Yes I do check matousec but still user experience matter…

Yes we are going off topic…

Will come back to CIS after it gets a little better…