COMODO Internet Security 7.0.308911.4080 BETA Released!

You’re right.
But

Could you tell us more about url blocking? Will it be simple blacklisting or something more sophisticated?

OK…thanks.
So far, my first impressions about GUI…very nice! :slight_smile:

Looks like the sorting of TVL is not correct.
When I click on Vendors column (A->Z), some of them are shown before those starting with “0”.

Also, there are some double entries…note this one for Intel in the screenshot.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Changelog:
All CIS Advanced Settings components are now accessible via CisTray menu.

Where is that? To me, tray menu looks the same as in v6.
:o

:o nice finding, in previous build we could go to Advanced settings, from tray icon…bug report for that needed.

spy, what about TVL sorting?
Can you reproduce it?

Confirmed.

enable advanced view from tray icon, now all modules have the ‘settings’ option directly from tray icon

Ahhhh…ok, thanks!
But I think this should be visible by default, not only with Advanced view enabled…just my 2 cents though.
:slight_smile:

Not fixed stack of popup and Properties. :o ??? :o :stuck_out_tongue:

Does Viruscope work in ‘Run iSolated’?? or ‘Run Unlimted’ too?? :slight_smile:

Guys, where do I post a TVL sorting bug?
I don’t see a Bug topic under Beta section…

There is now :). Please see child Board above

Installed on my Win 8.1 32 bit system. Working fine so far in Internet Security config with a few changes from default settings. Same settings I run v6 with.

I like the Classic theme the best and don’t like the Modern one at all.

If you use the Classic theme, the green “secure” check mark is not present in the advanced view. It looks exactly like the v6 GUI.

Got it… :-TU

Does not work sending files to check with the extension .exe

When fix this problem?

And what about 2 nasty bugs:

1. “Hostname” in FW Rules works wrong
  2. Defense+ Conflict with Microsoft Office Starter (on x64 systems)
    ???
    (File submit not fixed yet, I’ve seen.)

From wilk own testing

This is weird. When I upload my own crafted files they are uploaded, doesn't matter if they are perl script or fake renamed to .exe. Does not matter what their location is (Program Files, Local/System Temp, Desktop, AppData etc.). Even double extension image.png.exe gets submitted.

Seems that only valid PE .exe files are rejected.

and

I've just renamed gnutls zip package adding exe extension (gnutls-3.2.7-w32.zip.exe - 3,8 MB) and it successfully got uploaded. To be sure I've even executed it so CIS detected and sandboxed process (of course process crashed as it was not valid code), but still it could be uploaded.

Now here starts the funny part. I used hex editor end inserted only MZ header from a file which was known to be unrecognized (one of my own tools). Of course when executed it would crash miserably as it was only header with gibberish data. Tried to upload it and… bam! File could not be uploaded and error was 0x80070002.

The conclusion is rather obvious: it’s not the servers fault, not the win ACLs, not “spaces” in paths. It seems that CIS at some point was broken and cannot upload anything with MZ header (any exe like exe/dll/ocx etc. even when renamed to headerless .com - no longer upload is possible).

Moreover, from what I’ve tested: it is only sufficient to add MZ signature (insert two characters 0x4D 0x5A as first bytes of a file) to ANY file to make it fail to upload.

finally

I was a bit too quick with my last statement, it is sufficient to add MZ, but file must have size larger than size of MZ header, so uploading text file "MZtesttesttest" will be successful, but "MZtesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttestte" (exactly) will fail.

The real content and validity of MZ header is irrelevant.

Tests were done 2014-01-07 but even QA guys thought it was CAMAS issue not CIS issue, this bug is under processing now.

During install if you untick “Send anonymous program usage…” shouldn’t it be preferred setting in all configurations? When I switched to Proactive it was back to enabled.

Yes. A bug report for it should be great.