COMODO Internet Security 7.0.308911.4080 BETA Released!

yes web filter is part of the firewall and viruscope is part of d+

Woooo…!!! Nice something new something fun… Was just thinking bored of v6, n here it comes v7… Eagerly waiting to reach home to test this one…

Still one suggestion reduce the size of installers for the others who simply use AV or Firewall and not complete CIS… Not all of us stay in high bandwidth and speedy areas… Anyways I’m a CIS guy so no size issue for me atleast :wink:

Does it use the same update file as v5 and v6? If yes then I am sure there will be an import option…

It was quite more complex than server bug, let’s check, it was in unfixed list in previous build. It is fixed, or about to get fixed.

I used the AV databases of ver 6 & it worked with the import feature.

By the way, tested with 35 zeroday malware links & 30 zeroday malware not detected by the AV.
Website Filtering didn’t blocked a single link.
Quite a few active malware processes were there but Viruscope alert didn’t appeared for any.

Tested on real system i.e no VM, XP SP3 32.

Website database has not been updated I think (check the DB).
VirusCope has just been introduced, only one recognizer and monitoring only few things

1. monitor following processes activities: ◾copy self and add self to autorun in registry ◾copy self to autorun path ◾copy self and create link to self in autorun path

viruscope (VC) is in a very early stage. it uses “behavior recognizers” to detect malware but when adding more recognizers performance could drop so comodo is adding them with caution. the last we heard VC only detects when files copy themselves to the startup folder, add autorun reg key or create link of itself and add to startup folder. behavior recognizer updates will be pushed like signature and url filter updates.

…and it has been found to not work fully with auto-sandbox. It will be improved, they’ve said.

Final goal is to make it work with auto-sandbox.

Hi!

If here on locked page added the “Log in” (suddenly a false positive), it would be great to do).

Please consider.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Not fixed yet. :frowning:

Website Databases was updated from 0 to 11.

There is no ‘Apply’, ‘Default’ buttons in setting menu. :‘( :’( :‘(
and no new theme… and no new alert sounds… :’( :‘( :’( :cry:

But very interesting about ‘viruscope’ :-TU :-TU and ‘webfilter’ ;D

Hi,

Great! :-TU

I am going to test it at home after work. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Kardo

There is actually Modern Theme which is new, Tile theme as well, and usual theme which has been improved.

Green bar on the top of the GUI is clickable and blinks when the pointer is moved over it.
But nothing happens…

What is the purpose of it?

I also think this bar is not needed cause there is already another “Safe” box in both Basic and Advanced view.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Go to tasks then hit it, it switches back to main GUI…

But we already have the green arrow for that…why multiplying the same actions?

Yes I know.

Have absolutely no idea.

if CIS needs attention or is at risk and the user clicks that button cis will show the problem