COMODO Internet Security 7.0.308911.4080 BETA Released!

Woho! About time! Great! ;D :-TU

So this is why I had issues sleeping and a constant thought that I needed to get to my computer… if only I had listened. ;D

+1
btw: For the love of God, how can you use CIS in croatian ? ;D

I’m a product translator so I have to check for all potential bugs and errors.
:wink:

I honestly LOVE the new Modern Theme, I just like sharp edges and somewhat more simple icons etc. Also big kudos for having several themes and giving us options! :smiley:

+1 :-TU

I like new modern theme, it’s faster than others (navigation speed) so will keep it.

i found it to be too much tiresome for eyes, so i’m using tiles theme

Great job guys! Looking and running good.

Interesting questions. Someone from moderators (developers) can answer or somehow comment?

Running well on Win 8.1 64 bit. Initially had an issue with updating and running a scan but a fresh install got it working. The initial update of sigs takes a while but subsequent ones are really quick. Love the new modern GUI as well. Mem usage is also nice and low. No CPU spikes during Idle. So far so good. Love the viruscope idea. Hopefully it progresses. Good job comodo team!

What’s this “Protect Data Folders”? (See screenshot)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yeees!! Thanks a lot!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess for MyDocuments, picture, video, music folders…

But what dose it do? How does it work? Does it block applications from reading/writing etc?

I guess this is for protection against crypters and similar malware…but maybe devs could give better explanation.

Well I made a folder and added it to the “Protect Data Folder” and I was able to read and write using Windows in built image viewer and explorer.exe… So at least it doesn’t protect against trusted applications it seems like, don’t know about untrusted/unknown.

Same old CIS

1. Clean installation lasts 20 minutes (internet disconnected, just antivirus and firewall)
  2. Call pop-up is annoying
  3. Just some minor esthetic changes to home tiles. Task pane still confusing and without clear direction.
  4. Task manager bugs still not fixed (concerning priority settings)
  5. UI still lags

Will test more. Still the best free option, no doubt.

PS: I still don’t understand why CIS counts some app that is blocked from internet as network intrusions. I mean, I have this one app that I have blocked from internet, (checks weather or something constantly) and in 20 minutes or so CIS shows that I have 600+ Network intrusions.

I mean, seriously, this is not network intrusion, just “Network inconvenience”. Does this mean that if I block IE or Firefox it will be counted as network intrusion. What’s up with that?

Just passed 700 network intrusions… LOL 88)

[attachment deleted by admin]

When you make the block rule for the application you can decide whether it should be logged or not, if you use the “Blocked Application” preset then you can edit that preset to not log the things it blocks.

Ok, I got it. Stopped count at 804. ;D