COMODO Internet Security 6.3.300670.2970 Released!

Hello Everyone,

We have just released COMODO Internet Security/Firewall/Antivirus 6.3.300670.2970!

What’s new in this 6.3 build?

• FIXED: ‘Restart Computer’ window does not appear after changing CIS configuration and further upgrading Windows from 8.0 to 8.1
  • FIXED: ‘Hardware installation’ error window appears during CIS installation

Download Locations:

COMODO Internet Security

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/2000/standalone/cispremium_installer.exe

Size: 205M ( 213927704 )
MD5: 2bd4cd9b211354f66a9ded8cbe49f25c
SHA1: 43ee2ec7e946253957940680317ff39bf8d1cd57

COMODO Firewall

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/2000/standalone/cfw_installer.exe

MD5: 0b43962500e9dc6371ae6130fcf9c90b
SHA1: 9297671e1a8eb3029d56a86ccfe86ba0b68ea620

COMODO Antivirus

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/2000/standalone/cav_installer.exe

MD5: 9fc5d6a833b68c88b86c641125f5aeef
SHA1: c98fe05e858fe07a58f1575fc48f387ec6807192

Updates & Upgrades

6.x users can quickly update to the latest version by simply running their automatic updates.
5.x users can download the upgrade package and run it to upgrade to 6.3: upgrade Comodo Internet Security from 5.x to 6

Thanks…will update asap. Any other bug fixes ?

What is trustedadssvc.exe and why exactly is it needed, what does it do?

thanks for update :slight_smile:

any news from CIS7 beta or stable ?

or we have to process these steps ( v6.4 - v6.5 - … ) :-\

I am just curious ;D 88)

Has this been addressed?

https://forums.comodo.com/format-verified-issue-reports-cis/long-shutdown-time-if-either-protected-reg-keys-or-process-execution-v6m436-t95425.0.html

Google is banned? :smiley:
And even more link from here

I still receive “The system cannot find the file specified” errors while submitting unknown files.
88)

This won’t be fixed with a program update…IDK what’s wrong with it…but it doesn’t seem to be from the program itself.

:BNC quick - just half sandwich eating time - everything up to date .
Prive Dog a good idea of incorporating in the system .

Thanks for you hard work Comodo Team :■■■■

But I remember few months ago I could submit files with v5 from my second VM.
???

From my house it is, however startpage is allowed but that gave no results.

I tried searching on the forum before but didn’t get any hits, don’t know why but I searched again and got a few hits and now I’ve got my answer. I first got it after updating CIS so I thought that it might be new however it seems that it has been a part of PrivDog for a good while, don’t know why I didn’t have it before though since I did have PrivDog installed since long ago.

Still no adjustable, re-size able main GUI :frowning:

Then it should be tested again with v5 if it works we’ll be sure that it is indeed, a v6 bug. It’s classed as critical in tracker don’t know why it has still not been processed yet.

The first update that does not reset the scheduled scan settings— Bravo.

Actually it reset the settings like heuristics and such settings for me (for the scheduled scans, not real-time AV) but not the schedule… so I guess they get half a cookie for that. 88)

i think it might be a problem with the cloud infrastructure which is not an easy fix.

For the first time, im highly disappointed… I HAD “CIS” on my system until this update, when the installer asked to either modify my “homepages” or add Privdog… I did not want either, but found i was forced to pick one or the other or the installer would not continue, so i chose Privdog, thinking, no big deal, will just delete it from CD like i did when first installed… This was my thinking of course, until CIS starting poping up warnings left and right that Privdog was trying to inject and add itself all over, as well as Zemana poping up to tell me Priv dog was injecting code, well i found out after what this was all about, as Privdog was not just installed on browser, but on my machine, and on my Internet Explorer Browser, which i certainly did not give it permission to do… I have been defending Comodo for a long time, when all the accusations fly, of Comodo being shady or doing shady things… Well with stunts like this, it is no wonder people think this… You have just lost a loyal follower because of.

I chose cancel and it still updated fine. Didn’t install Privdog or change my homepage settings.

Well as for me… I’m still using version 2937 and don’t stress about anything ;D Waiting for the next 200 bug fixes or version 7 8)

You didn’t have to choose anything. You should have just unticked everything and clicked cancel since that screen only applies to those optional things and cancel does not cancel the entire update but only what is on that screen. It took me a few minutes to figure that out but it is the way to go if you don’t want PrivDog being installed or your home page changed. There is nothing “shady” involved but it is a bit confusing in the way it’s presented. Maybe instead of cancel it should say something like “No Thanks” or “No PrivDog for me” so people don’t think the whole updating procedure will be cancelled.