COMODO Internet Security 5.9.219863.2196 Released

I didn’t read all the topic but my free account doesn’t match trustconnect. Why :slight_smile:

I’m beginning to suspect that fact is key, as it’s the only thing that makes sense. Whether by mistake, or on purpose…

Yes, I installed TrustConnect separately and everything is working fine with my username and password.

Yes it does.

I disabled my wireless security & then it gave me the 3 options & on selecting Home I got TC popup you are connecting to an Unsecured Network but if I select to create an account it takes me to buy TC.

I guess TC popup appears when the connection is Unsecured? How can I get TC popup for wired connection? Whats the difference between Unsecured & Public Network under settings?

It displays when I select public from the profile wizard, wired or wireless. Look at the information at the top of the image. I just did this as a test to show you the dialogues.

So is TC free or paid?

Waiting for an answer on that…

[attachment deleted by admin]

I had a problem with both installers, (and the one you download from the site)

Even though it says it’s English when i install it, i have to those it on the list of languages or else it gets installed in Chinese or something like that, and it doesn’t work to change the language after it’s installed as the description of the rules doesn’t change from Chinese to English and when you uninstall it’s still in Chinese to.

Ok for my wifi I selected public & it gave TC popup.

I will try wired later.

But get a TC account takes to buy page.

Devs should confirm here if TC is free or not.

You should be able to get it through CIS´s updating.

A paid service Trust Connect is included in the Free CIS.

Wait & watch what other paid stuffs are introduced in the Free CIS with Version 6.

Slowly moving to be bloated for me.

Thanx
Naren

Trust Connect is Not free its paid
The inclusion of support for TrustConnect in Comodo Internet Security does not make the VPN free. Users can pay for the tunnel access on demand, starting at $3.99 for a 24-hour pass, a monthly unlimited subscription for $8.99 a month, or a yearly unlimited subscription for $99.95

for more details read

http://download.cnet.com/8301-2007_4-57345359-12/comodo-adds-vpn-attacks-competitors/?tag=rb_content;main

Yep but you can also get TrustConnect for free from https://forums.comodo.com/comodo-trustconnect-ctc/you-wanted-trustconnect-and-wanted-it-for-freewell-t45831.0.html

Fixed problem described here https://forums.comodo.com/firewall-help-cis/adding-host-name-to-a-network-zone-t62229.0.html (Adding host name to a Network Zone)! It works!
Thank you Comodo!

“Defense+”.
Why “Trusted application” in “Paranoid Mode” is unusable? The reason? When I choose this rule, then in the “Application rules” I have the “Installer or Updater”.
System Windows7 SP1. Secure program only CIS.

[attachment deleted by admin]

A key word that seems to be overlooked in the features is integration,
Seemless Integration does not necessarily mean that Trust Connect is included.

And as was posted there is a free and various paid versions available with limitations on each.

NEW! Seamless Trustconnect integration: CIS now detects unsecured wireless connections and lets you use your trust connect account seamlessly

UncleDoug

Can you retry this with GUI language set to English, see if it’s a translation issue?
I would strongly recommend against running Firefox as ‘Installer or Updater’, these applications have FULL ACCESS to your system!! not a good setting for a browser.

Why indeed!!! ITs not your fault. It is the very reason we were trying to avoid with this release. We will quickly make the changes now to avoid further issues.

I do not understand why in the CIS integrated CD? Comodo is trying to promote their products to the masses.

https://forums.comodo.com/leak-testingattacksvulnerability-research/cis-59-does-not-block-or-issue-any-alert-to-port-135-t79667.0.html

Can someone help me with this problem?

Hi, congratulations on the new version :D. The version 5.9 is only for CIS Premium?
CIS Pro and Complete, still with v5.8?. Thank you.

1. CD is not integrated, as you can choose to install it or not;
  2. Even if they include CD in the installation package…I don’t see anything bad…since CD is totally free, and there’s nothing bad in making it known…

Has the internal update been postponed? I’m getting the “The system cannot find the specified file” report when checking for updates.