COMODO Internet Security 5.8.213334.2131 Released!

Why? Do you consider it as a normal behavior when file is marked as trusted and it’s publisher is in whitelist gets sandboxed (and when I try to add it to the trusted list Comodo will tell me it already is there)? Or what about uTorrent’s update process gets sandboxed (bug report about this was filled 2 years ago if I’m not mistaken). I even submitted several completely legit applications to get trusted by default. Some of them never did, without explanation why. And there other users with their own issues that were ignored. I know not all bugs can be fixed and I know Comodo is focusing mainly for security, but usability issue are important as well. Some bug reports weren’t never fixed, even if they were filled the same day first beta came out. You know, when you are forced to disable AV because it’s making whole system extremely slow, it gets very annoying. This problem existed once before and it gets fixed. Why can’t be it fixed this time? Am I really asking that much? I’m really troll because I don’t like Comodo being a resource hogger? ???

Calm down, people…calm down… :-*

Finished?

I feel like a Vulcan among Klingons here…

Strange response, should I take that as a “no” then?

Is this the bug report that you submitted? It seems from this bug report that the only problem that you were experiencing was slowdown due to the AV.

My best guess is that this is due to some sort of problem specific to your computer. Perhaps it could be a compatibility problem with something that either is currently installed, or was installed in the past.

Please submit a new bug report. Without that there is very little that we can do to help you.

Also, this is not the place to be discussing this problem. Can we please move this conversation to a more suitable topic. :P0l

Thanks everyone, and remember to keep calm.

Okay, sorry I couldn’t post earlier, have been away.

Out of the many combinations of installing & uninstalling Comodo firewall 5.8 & Avast 6 free, the only way I was able to get both to work together was to install Avast 6 free first, then restart to make sure its sandbox was running, then install Comodo Firewall second. So far today, its been running fine, although when trying to select Computer Security Policy in Defense+ the menus freeze up for a few seconds before displaying.

Hi,

I have CIS premium 5.5.195786.1383 and when i check update i got this error:
I was believing the auto-update was working since the 20 october…
Do i need to update manually so?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Updating from CIS 5.8.x.2124 to CIS 5.8.x.2131

If you have CIS 5.8.x.2124 installed, you will also receive a small update. Pls check the updated release notes for details.

Where is the updated release notes ? I tried to Google it and in the forum search box and I don’t see it. I would like to know when version 2131 was updated/installed and what changes was made.

this is from the Original post

Thank you for your reply. However Comodo has a website called Release notes and it failed to show the new release of 2131. That is pretty bad for a professional organization company. For people would be looking at it for trouble shooting problem determination as I am trying to do here. Your reply show Oct 11 was the update for 2131 but that cant be right for that was the date for 2124 release.

I just got red alert about Clean_Validator.exe trying to modify temp file. I laughed so hard! :smiley:

And what did you do?

he laughed so hard

Allowed it of course.

Is anybody from COMODO reading this forum ? Can somebody from COMODO please update the link for 2131 release ?

Can someone explain this nonsense to me?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Of Course.
Probably new version of DropBox client has came up recently and Comodo could not recognize it so according to Default Deny rules it was placed in the sandbox. ;D :-TU

Aside the fact it was installed yesterday and this occur after restart today, do you find it normal that files marked as trusted was sandboxed? This is the reason why I said whitelist is completely useless: It will tell you it’s safe, but it will sandbox it anyway. Am I the only one here which finds this logic sick?

Do you happen to have ‘Block all unknown requests if the application is closed’ on Defense+ settings?
Did you modify the TVL list?
Did you change any other settings from default, as your Sandbox is running Restricted and that’s not default.