COMODO Internet Security 5.8.206694.2075 BETA Bug Reports

See also the bug report posted here:

https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis/58beta3-onaccess-didnt-work-t76423.0.html;msg547748#msg547748

1. The full product and its version e.g. COMOOD Firewall 5.8.202801.2064 etc: CIS 5.8 Premium Security Beta
  2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: Windows 7 64bit
  3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: Non. Windwos firewall and windows defender are disabled.
  4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: I installed Nvidia’s latest Beta drivers (nvidia.com) and the the problem came up.
  5. How you tried to resolve the problem: Use Diagnose tool. Look at “CIS_5.80beta_problem”)
  6. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: Look at the attachments

[attachment deleted by admin]

Windows 7 X64 SP1. 2075, F & D+ only.

1. The full product and its version
    COMODO Internet Security 5.8.206694.2075 BETA

2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision
    XP SP3 32bit

3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed
    none

4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue

http://i.imgur.com/q2dHJ.png

the name of the file is not the same

(a chinese character)

COMODO Internet Security 5.8.206694.2075 BETA

Any

none

4. By default, The option Treat Unrecognized Files is ticked off in the Defense + Settings.

1. The full product and its version: COMODO Internet Security 5.8.202801.2064
  2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: win7 pro 32 sp1 uac disabled
  3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: cpm
  4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: i have the full cis suite installed but the av is set to disabled. i restart my computer and the cis icon doesnt show up until i open the gui with the desktop icon. both cfp.exe and cmdagent.exe are running on boot
  5. How you tried to resolve the problem: na
  6. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: na
  1. The full product and its version: COMODO Internet Security 5.8.202801.2064
  2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: Win7 pro 32 sp1
  3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: cpm
  4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: tried installing WMDC and the install gets about half way and stalls, cmdagent.exe is taking atleast 50% of my cpu. i had to disable to AV and the install continues. cmdagent.exe drops to normal
  5. How you tried to resolve the problem: disabled AV
  6. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any:na

Even though I set Adobe Acrobat NOT to auto update it did and after the update CIS was loaded and running but there was no icon in the system tray. I rebooted several times but to no avail I had to reinstall CIS again.

It seems CIS and the Adobe updater do not get along.

I opened a ticket with Adobe and we will see what they say. Other than blocking Acrobat altogether with the firewall I don’t know how to stop it from updating. It’s working fine and I can always go to Adobe and get the updates and figure out how to install them manualy so they stop corrupting CIS.

This problem has reoccurred. I guess it’s a real bug. I never had any trouble deleting invalid entries in previous versions. This has only been noticed in this latest beta version of CIS:

https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/comodo-internet-security-582066942075-beta-bug-reports-t76202.0.html;msg547502#msg547502

and

https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis/trusted-files-list-douplicates-updated-files-entries-t76454.0.html;msg547988#msg547988

This is a very serious problem. For example, I tested CIS few days ago. One of the potentially dangerous websites had installer and was whitelisted. It was making suspicious internet connections. When I had tried to delete entries of this app from whitelist, they were automatically restored by CIS. This bug is in all CIS versions (in 5.5 too).

1. The full product and its version: COMODO Internet Security 5.8.206694.2075 (without antivirus module)
  2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: win7 pro 32 sp1
  3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: G Data IS 2012
  4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: Comodo firewall don’t monitoring requests from different programs (browsers etc.) on 80 port. All request are going from avkproxy.exe (G Data antivirus proxy service which enables the AntiVirus email and web content scan)
  5. How you tried to resolve the problem: enable loopback-requests in comodo firewall settings
  6. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: na
  7. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further: below

Another programs, like CPorts or Process Explorer show connection from web-browsers to 80 port, but Comodo don’t show and don’t monitor them

Download link doesn’t work.

reported in last beta, still affecting my system

1. The full product and its version: COMOOD IS 5.8.206694.2075

2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: 32 bit windows 7 sp1

3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: Panda URL scanner

4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: I put the computer in hibernate for the night, when I turn it on in the morning it stops responding every so often, the mouse will stop moving and everything. I opened task manager and saw the cmdagent.exe was using almost 200MB of ram and 100% of the cpu, it keep doing this over and over for no apparent reason, even when there are no updates. It stalls my whole system, explorer and everything.

5. How you tried to resolve the problem: reboot or waiting 3-5 minutes will fix it.

6. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: none

7. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further: unable to take screen shot.

8. Any other information you think that might be useful: none

9. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config: internet security and fresh install no import.

2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: 64 bit windows 7 sp1

3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: none

4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: I’ve extracted a file from an archive on to a desktop and comodo showed AV warning that the file is a virus. Obviously I have ignored the warning (false positive as usual http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=ba93eb3cde6fc973e6765ce4115512237feee0f9e32bd7e8ac4d83ce655368af-1316773004) by clicking ignore once. The problem is when I’ve opened the file there where no further warnings by the AV. The file was not in AV excluded list.

5. How you tried to resolve the problem: Extracted file again on a different location on my PC but there where no more warnings.

6. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: none

7. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further: none

8. Any other information you think that might be useful: none

9. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config: internet security and fresh install no import.

2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: 32 bit windows 7 sp1
  3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: none
  4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: I can connect to internet via my normal network and via VPN. Comodo recognizes the loopback zone and the VPN zone, but doesn’t recoginizes my normal network zone. In the older version I have 3 network zones.
  5. How you tried to resolve the problem: Disabled VPN, downloded and uploaded a lot, but it isn’t recognized.
  6. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: none.
  7. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further: no screenshots.
  8. Any other information you think that might be useful: none.
  1. The full product and its version : CIS 5.8.206694.2075
    Bases : 10244
  2. Your Operating System : Win 7 x64 SP1
  3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed : None
  4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue :

Install CIS 5.8.2.2 on Win7 x64 system. Copy a set of known/zero day malware to a test folder.
Scan the folder with CAV.
After the end of the scan or in the next reboot “some/all” the files “both clean and infected” land up in the “Trusted files” list of D+.

1. How you tried to resolve the problem :

Renamed the samples folder, and tried to purge the “Trusted Files” list, it deletes all the invalid entries, but after reboot all the invalid files are still present back in the list.

Unchecked the “create rules for safe applications” in the D+ settings, but no change.

1. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any : None

2. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further: no screenshots.

3. Any other information you think that might be useful: a forum topic describing the same with more detail
    https://forums.comodo.com/empty-t76453.0.html;topicseen

4. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config: Proactive Security, no automatic allow rules, auto quarantine threats during real time scan.

COMOOD 5.8.206694.2075

XP SP3 32bit

avira antivirus personal

4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue

(1) I clicked on the button, “purge”

http://i.imgur.com/5UlWv.png

(2)I clcked “yes”, and then close

http://i.imgur.com/f4UUw.png

(3)but comodo did not delete them from the list :frowning:

Already reported on the first page of this topic…

This looks like a problem I reported with version 5.0 of CIS:

https://forums.comodo.com/format-verified-issue-reports-cis/unrecognized-file-marked-as-trusted-issue-262-t61787.0.html

Just copying the files to a different directory added them to trusted file list. This was using completely unique executables compiled by me.

Moved to current release thread.