COMODO Internet Security 5.8.206694.2075 BETA Bug Reports

Minor GUI/New styled skin bug.

Pushed tabs in main window remains “pushed” visually after main window loses mouse capture.

1. The full product and its version: CIS 5.8.206694.2075 BETA 3
  2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: WinXP SP3
  3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: None
  4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue:
    a) Open CIS main Window.
    b) Press left mouse button on any of it’s tabs (“Summary”, “Antivirus” etc.) Don’t release mouse button.
    c) Press “Windows” key (or Ctrl+Esc) on keyboard to activate Windows main menu and “steal” mouse capture from CIS main window.
    d) Pushed tabs will remain “pushed” visually till “reclicked”.
  5. N/A
  6. N/A
  7. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further: Screenshot attached
  8. Any other information you think that might be useful
    Probably WM_CAPTURECHANGED is not handled properly / not handled at all.
  9. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config
    Any config with “new-style” skin.

[attachment deleted by admin]

CIS 5.8 beta takes long time to initialize at startup… reason i dunno … only i can see it keeps on saying CIS is initializing for about 3mins…

plz can u put option to choose whether to keep file scan size limit to 40mb or not…

RAM: 4 GB
PROCESSOR: i3
software: CIS 5.8 beta latest
other software: MBAM, Comodo Online Storage…

1. The full product and its version: COMODO Internet Security 5.8.206694.2075 BETA

2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: Windows 7 SP1 x64

3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: MalwareBytes 1.51.2.1300

4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: Attempt to purge the trusted file list in D+ of invalid entries. For some reason this does not work. I tried restarting the program after purging, rebooting and they will not purge. Every time I have D+ scan for invalid entries it finds the same ones I tried to purge before.

5. How you tried to resolve the problem: Manually remove the entries from the list.

6. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: None

In the Last Beta of CIS 5.8, button “purge” in trusted files (Defence+) doesn’t work

Already posted by lordraiden in previous page.

Read the post above yours

UPDATE* Removing the invalid trusted file entried manualy does not work. After next boot they are all back. Both purging them and removing them manualy from the list does not work.

Probably in final.

Sorry…

1. The full product and its version e.g. COMOOD Firewall 5.8.202801.2064 etc: CIS 5.8.206694.2075
  2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: WinXP Pro SP3 32 Bit
  3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: SAS and MBAM on Demand
  4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: Files cleared in D+ Trusted Files return when re-opening Trusted Files
  5. How you tried to resolve the problem: See Below
  6. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: n/a

I beta test Firefox and Thunderbird. Usually, when I update to a new FX or TB release, CIS adds another entry to my Trusted Files List. I end up with multiple firefox.exe entries in the list. On occasion, I remove all the extra firefox.exe entries and let the list re-populate. Today, I decided to remove the entries, but when I re-opened the list they all came back. It just wasn’t FX and TB, but duplicate entries of Malwarebytes’ and SuperAntiSpyware came back as well. The files are removed when the Remove button is pressed, but are present again when the window is re-opened.

I tried rebooting the system. I replaced my “database” files with copies I had on hand when I first installed CIS Beta. I even used old copies I had from CIS 5.5.195786.1383. Nothing has worked.

Minor GUI bug.

CIS ignores system locale settings wherever it displaying date/time etc. (in main window, in log windows etc.) if native, english CIS localization used on the system, where en_US is not default locale.

1. The full product and its version: CIS 5.8.206694.2075 BETA 3 (and all previous)
  2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: Any
  3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: None
  4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue
    a) This bug may easily be seen on any system if en_US is not default system locale and CIS installed in default, english localization.
  5. How you tried to resolve the problem: N/A
  6. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any N/A
  7. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further Screenshot attached
  8. Any other information you think that might be useful N/A
  9. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config Any config

Numerous GUI glitches, particularly, in russian localization.

2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: Any
  3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: (none) does not matter
  4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: See screenshots
  7. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further Screenshots attached
  9. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config Any config

We all will hope that all the localizations will be checked before final release… thanks in advance :slight_smile:

2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: Windows 7 64-bit
  3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: none
  4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: N/A
  5. How you tried to resolve the problem: Yes, sandboxing the test as “untrusted” and seems it worked.
  7. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further N/A

Testing Defense Plus with Matousec tests, the test runner.exe on level 6 fails. D+ “sleep” :).
As I can see runner.exe copy itself replacing the default browser and clone the parameters from default browser process. I’ll try on 32 bit and Windows XP, if you want.

1. The full product and its version COMODO Internet Security 5.8.202801.2064
  2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision win7 pro 32 sp1
  3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed cpm
  4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue extracted a piece of malware. cis quarantined then cfp.exe crashed. the cis icon disappeared from tray icon
  5. How you tried to resolve the problem na
  6. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any na

EDIT: accidently put firewall when i had the full suite installed. sorry about the confusion

Numerous GUI glitches in russian localization.

2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: Windows 7 HomeBasic SP1
  3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: (none)
  4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: See screenshot
  7. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further Screenshots attached

We all will hope that all the localizations will be checked before final release… thanks in advance

see
https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis/vmware-workstation-80-doesnt-function-properly-with-comodo-firewall-58-t76396.0.html

[b]Problem: [/b]AV Scanner terminated with blank dialog saying 'Fatal Error'. A few minutes afterwards machine locked up. Killswitch generated dump file attached.

[ol]- Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: XP SP3 32 bit production machine.

• Other Security and Utility Software Installed: Actual Window manager, no others likely to be relevant
  • Step by step description to reproduce the issue: Needed reboot to fix
  • How you tried to resolve the problem: N/A
  • Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: appended
  • Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further. N/A machine locked up
  • Any other information you think that might be useful: Previous runs of scanner on same machine have been OK, maybe a defs problem?
  • The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config: proactive, installed from scratch (no import or update), standard settings apart from a few application rules.[/ol]

Part of problem still present in latest Beta (2075). Dialogues in XP still corrupted after scan, though ‘everything fatal’ error no longer occurs. Corruption is now mainly missing graphic elements, though some text is still missing. Dialogs affected include Idrive (www.idrive.com), Windows ‘Turn off Computer’ dialog, and CIS main interface (button bar turns dark grey). Reboot resolves these. However on reboot CIS gives ‘Application Agent is not Running’ error (but it is), which can be resolved by restarting CFP.exe interface. See previous Beta (2064) report for dump file.

[b]Problem: [/b]CIS main interface shows 'application agent is not running' error (though it is) if computer is rebooted when AV scan is paused. (DUMP APPENDED)

[ol]- Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: XP SP3 32 bit on production machine.

• Other Security and Utility Software Installed: Actual Window manager, no others likely to be relevant
  • Step by step description to reproduce the issue: Choose to scan using link on main CIS summary page; Choose ‘My Computer’; start the scan; pause after letting scan run over night; reboot computer with scan paused; on reboot CIS takes a long time initializing then gives up and shows yellow ‘!’ in system tray and ‘application agent is not running error’ in summary GUI page. However OS services dialog and killswitch show cmdagent is running. Further reboots do not resolve.
  • Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: N/A
  • Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further. N/A
  • Any other information you think that might be useful: CIS now excluded from Actual Window Manager.
  • The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config: internet security (temporarily), updated from previous 5.8 beta (no config import), standard settings apart from a few application rules.[/ol]

This problem still present in 2075.

Problem: Scan results window clean button not longer offers option of quarantine when clicked. Not sure if this intentional.

[ol]- Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: XP SP3 32 bit on production machine.

• Step by step description to reproduce the issue: Scan computer, choose to resolve problem yourself, get results window, click ion clean button
  • Any other information you think that might be useful: N/A
  • The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config: internet security (temporarily), updated from previous 5.8 beta (no config import), standard settings apart from a few application rules.[/ol]

Problem: Actual Window Manager www.actualtools.com no longer seems able to display its supplementary buttons in program windows when 5.8 is installed. Cannot be absolutely sure this is due to CIS, will try to check more carefully later.

• Step by step description to reproduce the issue: Install actual window manager, ensure active, run say Microsoft Word, observe no supplementary buttons, try with and without CIS protected from hooking by AWM hook
  • Any other information you think that might be useful: