1. The full product and its version e.g. COMOOD Firewall 5.8.202801.2064 etc
  2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision
  3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed
  4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue
  5. How you tried to resolve the problem
  6. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any

[b]Memory dumps generated by CIS can be found in

C:\ProgramData\Comodo\CisDumps(Windows Vista or later) or in
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Comodo\CisDumps(Windows XP)

Memory Dumps Generated by Windows can be found in

c:\Windows\minidumps[/b]

1. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further
  2. Any other information you think that might be useful
  3. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config

It’s vital to provide all this information, so the developers can quickly identify and fix bugs faster.

This format will be strictly moderated. If your messages do not convey this format, they are not going to be taken into account.

It’s very important to know what security profile your using and if you imported a previous config, and if you have changed settings from default, e.g. enabled “block all unknown requests if the application is closed” etc.

For those who observe freeze issues while doing a full scan:

Here is what you need to do in order o identify the problematic file while scanning:

1 - Disable Defense+
2 - Download Process Explorer from Process Explorer - Sysinternals | Microsoft Learn
3 - Run Process Explorer
4 - In Process Explorer, select View->Lower Pane View->Handles
5 - In Process Explorer Process window, click on cmdagent.exe
At this stage, in the lower pane, you should be seeing handles opened by cmdagent.exe. You are particularly interested in “Type File”
6 - Open CIS and Run a Scan → My Computer.

Wait until the scan hangs. When the scan hangs, you must go to Process Explorer and check the Lower Pane for open “File Handles”. One of those handles are causing this issue. Probably an archive file. Please indentify that file and let us know.

1. The full product and its version: CIS 5.8.206694.2075
  2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: win7 pro 64
  3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: N/A
  4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: i couldn’t get a screenshot before the window went away but i was testing the newest beta in my VMware and a piece of malware got sandboxed then a blank white windows popped up with code. it looked like code was being executed. i saw the words sandbox and isolation in the code so it was related to defense +. then after about 30 secs. the window disappeared and i got the regular sandbox alert.
  5. How you tried to resolve the problem:N/A
  6. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any:N/A

i will try and find the particular piece of malware that caused the problem and report back

EDIT: i forgot i was actually on 64 bit OS

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: Windows Vista 64 sp2
  2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: Avast
  3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: Start Anti Vir scan and display of the scan status or the fonts seems to be too big. see attachment
  4. How you tried to resolve the problem: n/a
  5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: n/a
  6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further: appended
  7. Any other information you think that might be useful: n/a
  8. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config: nothing was imported and im using proactive

Edit: I have Vista 64 SP2 not SP1 :wink:

[attachment deleted by admin]

okay thats weird… i didn’t have any such problem while i tested the software

While running AV scan using Critical Areas profile, system became slow and unresponsive randomly during scan, was not able to take screenshots or able to use check resources due to system became to slow to use during these periods :frowning:

1. The full product and its version: COMODO Internet Security 5.8.206694.2075 BETA.
  2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: Windows 7 Professional 64 bit SP1.
  3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: None.
  4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: I was running AV scanning using Critical Areas profile.
  5. How you tried to resolve the problem: N/A
  6. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: N/A
  7. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further: None.
  8. Any other information you think that might be useful: None.
  9. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config: Proactive Security.
  1. COMODO Internet Security 5.8.206694.2075
  2. Win 7 x64 sp1
  3. Webroot secureanywhere
  4. Purge function does not work
  1. I open the trusted files list.
  2. I click on purge
  3. A list of invalid files appear and I click Yes
  4. I close the trusted file list and I open it again (this step is important)
  5. (go to 2) I click on purge and the same files appear
  1. none
  2. none

If this is because you are improving the TVL please take a look to this:
https://forums.comodo.com/wishlist-cis/trusted-files-list-t75825.0.html (almost a bug)
https://forums.comodo.com/wishlist-cis/separate-trusted-files-by-comodo-and-trusted-files-by-user-t76192.0.html

I can also confirm this…

Yes. Fixed.

Egemen, are we going to get this fix in new beta or final version?

i think i can reproduce the failure here, if i change the default language to english then all is fine in the scan display, if i change it back to german the display is half cutted off as seen in my picture. so i think it has to do with the german language file or fontsize.

Greetings from Germany
Brush

I have submitted this bug three times, but nothing happened so far! (5.5.xxx.1383, 5.8.xxx.2037 beta, 5.8.xxx.2064 beta)

1. The full product and its version: COMODO IS. 5.8.206694.2075

2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: Win 7, SP1, 64 bit, UAC disabled, Admin account.

3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: No

4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: I downloaded ANY infected file(s) to the desktop. When came the AV alert I selected “Ignore”, "Added to Trusted Files " or “Report this to Comodo as a False Alert”. Trusted Files of D+ doesn’t show the infected file and when I tried to access(example: cut and paste) the file, Win 7 explorer doesn’t respond, frozen. Next step restart Win 7 explorer. Okay the file appear at Trusted Files, I deleted it from there but the Real-time scanning doesn’t show pop-up alert at the location of infected file(desktop).

5. How you tried to resolve the problem: Can not be solved by the user.

6. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: N/A

7. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further: N/A

8. Any other information you think that might be useful: N/A

9. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config: Not imported from previous version. Own “Internet Security” config attached.

1. The full product and its version: COMODO Internet Security 5.8.206694.2075 BETA

2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: Windows 7 SP1 x64

3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: Malwarebytes 1.51.1.1800

4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: Installed Adobe Acrobat X Pro. After the install CIS reported that the program monitor was inactive and to do a diagnostic. I clicked yes to do a diagnostic but the whole system locked up. After reboot the same problem arose.

5. How you tried to resolve the problem: I was unable to access the program settings at all. I had to remove and resintall CIS to fix the problem.

6. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: None

Bug: Can’t delete malware found during a scan and cmdagent crashes.

Product and database version: 5.8.206694.2075 and 10064

To reproduce this bug I scan my system for malware and some rootkits are detected.

I click on Clean two popus appear almost immediately. The first is telling me that not all threats have been removed and another is telling me that CIS has crashed.

I attached the dump file that was automatically created when the crash occurred.

Edit: Problems getting the images to appear. Trying some things.

CIS frozes when trying to perform two scans at same time… one full scan and another removable drive…

1. The full product and its version COMOOD Firewall :5.8.206694.2075 ; database : 10072
  2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) : XP SP3 32bit; clean install of OS; all updates done
  3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed : none
  4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue : full install of CIS. Remove Geek Buddy through all Programs > uninstall Geek Buddy.
    Config : proactive. Defense+ paranoid. CFW : custom mode. CAV : on access
    Launched IE8, access google.com, then PC freeze completely; had to do hard reboot
    Opened c:\windows\minidump with notepad, PC freeze; had to do hard reboot
  5. How you tried to resolve the problem : reboot several times; no change
  6. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any : attached

1. The full product and its version: COMODO Internet Security Premium Beta 5.8.206694.2075

2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: Windows 7 32-bit Service Pack 1

3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: none

4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: Software doesn’t work fine using sandbox without virtualization and Proactive configuration. I activated Proactive and put my browsers (Firefox, IE) in the list “Always Sandbox” with “Partially Limited” level and no virtualization. when I opened Firefox (or any other softwares that require an internet connection), it showed me a white page and didn’t permit me to surf on any site or page. However my personal settings there were. When I run emule, it gives me an error about “socket” at beginning and doesn’t connect to internet.

5. How you tried to resolve the problem: I inserted in the list, the plugin-container.exe (Firefox), nothing else about emule. Then I unistalled and cleaned all before reinstalling.

6. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: none

7. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further:
    Mozilla Firefox

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/5176/immaginekuc.th.png

CIS Defence+ when I open sandboxed Firefox Log

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/1448/immagine2fq.th.png

eMule error

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/3273/emule.th.png

Edit by Dennis2: removed the uploaded to well known image hosting site message

1. Any other information you think that might be useful: I noticed that the problem comes when the software functions involve internet connection. I tried to delete “Windows Sockets Interface” folders in the Defence+ Rules (Protected file and folders) and all worked again; but I didn’t know if this action could give some problem, so I restored the original Proactive Configuration. However the issue was not in Comodo 5.0. It’s arrived with CIS 5.3

2. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config: Proactive Security not imported

Your set-up

1. CIS version, AV database version & configuration used: 5.8.206694.2075, AV DB Version 10074, Proactive Security
  2. a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 3 or 4: No
    b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
  3. a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: NO
    b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
  4. Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.):
    In Firewall Settings:
  • I enabled IPv6 filtering
  • I disabled “This pc is a gateway”
  • I disabled everything except: Protect ARP cache, Block ARP Messages, Protocol Analize
    In Defence+ Settings:
    All unchecked in General Settings. All checked/enabled in all other sheets
  1. Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels:
    D+=Safe , Sandbox=Active , Firewall = Personalized Policy, AV = Optimized
  2. OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type:
    Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 32-bit, UAC disabled, Aministrator account
  3. Other security and utility software installed: none
  4. Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box): NO
  1. The full product and its version: COMODO Internet Security 5.8.206694.2075 BETA

2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: Windows 7 SP1 x64

3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: Malwarebytes 1.51.1.1800

4. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: Installed Freeware Version of O&O Softwares Disk Image version 4: Download Archive (The web page says version 5 but the download is for version 4 which is now freeware) This prevents CIS from loading at all at startup. Probably an issue with the Disk Image driver loading.

5. How you tried to resolve the problem: Uninstall Disk Image 4 is the only way I could fix the issue. Once it is removed CIS loads with no problem.

6. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: None

Unrecognized, autosandboxed apps still able to access Internet by launching default browser when such browser is already running.

1. The full product and its version CIS 5.8.206694.2075 BETA 3
  2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision WinXP SP3
  3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed None
    a) Switch to default Proactive Security confinguration.
    b) Enable Sandbox if disabled.
    c) Close all opened browser windows if any.
    d) Create file with such content:

start http://www.example.com

save it as bat or cmd file.
e)Launch this file.
f) Our new batch file will be sandboxed and, by execution of “start” command, will launch new default browser’s instance. Browser will be sandboxed also and will be unable to open supplied url (However, in difference with “Internet Security” config, there will be no single alert).
g) Close previously launched browser window.
h) Open default browser as usual, so it’ll not be running in sandbox.
i) Execute our, still unknown and untrusted, batch file again, while browser launched in step “h)” still running. New tab in browser’s window will be opened and url, supplied by bat-file, will be opened.
5. N/A
6. N/A
7. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further No screenshots.
8. Any other information you think that might be useful
Tested with Internet Explorer 8/Firefox 6/Dragon 13/etc. all - current stable releases. There is no noticeable differences between “single-process” browsers, like Firefox, and “multiprocess”, ie Dragon, Chromium etc.
9. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config
Default “Proactive security” configuration wit Defense+ and FW in safe mode.

Antivirus is unable to scan files when full path to those files exceeds MAX_PATH characters.

1. The full product and its version: CIS 5.8.206694.2075 BETA 3
  2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: WinXP SP3, Win7 x64 (Any Windows NT version in fact)
  3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed None
    a) Create subdirectory structure, long enough to full path name exceeds MAX_PATH (260) characters. (See attached picture for instance) Unfortunately, Windows Explorer prior to Windows Vista is unable to handle such long paths, but this can be done using some file managers, eg. FAR. In Vista and above Windows Explorer can be used.
    b) Put EICAR test virus in deepest subdirectory just created.
    c) Navigate to root directory and try to scan this newly created directory structure with Comodo Antivirus, eg. using Explorer’s context menu. No threats will be found.
  5. N/A
  6. N/A
  7. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further Attached
  8. Any other information you think that might be useful
    Possibly CreateFileA instead of CreateFileW was used.
lpFileName [in]
The name of the file or device to be created or opened.

In the ANSI version of this function, the name is limited to MAX_PATH characters. To extend this limit to 32,767 wide characters, call the Unicode version of the function and prepend "\\?\" to the path. For more information, see Naming Files, Paths, and Namespaces.</blockquote>
  1. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config
    Any config.

Have reported this before, when BETA 2 was tested, but vulnerability is still exists, so I’ll drop copy here.

CIS allows modification of Access Control Lists of protected registry keys for partially limited autosandboxed and for not sandboxed, but limited in write access to theses keys, applications.

1. The full product and its version: CIS 5.8.206694.2075 BETA 3
  2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: WinXP SP3
  3. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: None
    4.1 (with sandbox disabled)
    a) Add regedit.exe to Computer Security Policy as “Isolated Application”. From now write access to protected registry keys should be denied.
    b) Try to create some value or subkey under any of the protected keys. Operation will be denied by CIS.
    c) Now try to change access permissions on any of the protected key using “Permissions” item in the regedit’s context menu (or main menu) while any of these keys is selected. There will be no alerts or something else from CIS and permissions will be changed as requested.
    4.2 (with sandbox enabled and unrecognized apps treated as “Partially Limited”)
    a) We should find some registry editor, unknown to CIS, so it will be sandboxed at execution. Alternatively, we can modify regedit’s executable file, preferably in DOS stub, so this modified file will be launched in the sandbox. Another alternative is to add regedit to “Always sandbox” list (as “Partially Limited”) with registry virtualization disabled.
    steps b) and c) are the same.
  5. N/A
  6. N/A
  7. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further No screenshots.
  8. Any other information you think that might be useful N/A
  9. The CIS Security profile your using, and if you imported a previous version of the config
    Mixed, described in “4)”