COMODO Internet Security 5.12.256249.2599 Released

Nothing regarding win7 but nothing changed too, then there souldn’t be problems.
To make me clear its not a criticism but i think it’s not relevant to the solution; besides:

Unticked “Enable IPv6 Filtering” → no more [ff02::xx] alerts but every ipv6 connection pass unfiltered and my provider is on ipv6 then i prefer to have this option enabled.
I don’t have 137 and 138 alerts, it was previous poster.
Remains random alerts on IGMP 224.0.022
Every time i update comodo i take a compare of previous and new config (through export before and after) to verify any change but nothing changed this time and i already have rules to enable this outboud broadcast traffic. Maybe it could be something on the logic of filter drivers that changed behaviour.
No problem if its disappear migrating to win8 (well in reality no problem also if not, only a minor annoyance as said).

I remember a while back, I enabled the IPv6 filter, just for added protection. I got those same alerts you did, even with 5.10, so I unticked it. I would just allow that traffic to go through and tick the box to remember those requests.

I’ve had those IGMP alerts before, with 5.10. To be on the safe side, I would block them and set it to remember that request so it doesn’t pop up anymore.

I’ve already read the What’s New, but I would prefer to have release notes and a change log. I have a feeling there was more then that updated since they are making all Windows users who could run Windows 8 update to 5.12, instead of just keeping 5.12 a Windows 8 version. So something else must have been changed besides those things.

Is there any disadvantage if you run 5.10 instead of 5.12 on a Windows 7 machine?

I also encountered the same problem.
My system is: windows8 (x64) Pro

Card gigabyte motherboard integrated: NVIDIA nForce networking controller. When I am using the latest Comodo Firewall 5.12, experienced a black screen and automatically reboot when using IE browser.the hard drive monitoring data is damaged, I had to uninstall Comodo.

Big problem with 5.12 and Win 8 Enterprise X64

Installed CIS, it installed and ran fine. Re-started and got a black screen. (Windows was almost booted, I could use the Task Manager a little bit)

I did a restore, which removed CIS. Win 8 then booted fine. Rinse, repeat, same result!

Anyone else?

Thank you!

Please try reinstalling it by following the advice I provide in this post.

Please let me know if you still run into problems.

Thanks.

If you are getting the black screen after logging in i.e., entering password, you are out of luck for now.
It is a known bug, it will be resolved in the next build.
https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/black-screen-after-installing-cis6-beta-on-windows-8-rtm-t88068.0.html;msg634917#msg634917
https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/black-screen-after-installing-cis6-beta-on-windows-8-rtm-t88068.0.html;msg636638#msg636638

What next build?
???

Probably CIS 6 Beta 2, and probably a build after CIS 5.12 for CIS 5

1.Please improve the “Host Name” feature

Allow/Block Rule
Network Control Rule > Source/Destination Address > Host Name (ie. XX.XXX.com)

The Allow/Block Rules invalid at first attempt

Reason: This DNS record is not pre-exist in the DNS cache (ipconfig /displaydns)

But next attempt have effect

Reason: This DNS record has exist in the DNS cache (ipconfig /displaydns)

The bug so long
no fix, less people use it.

add ip address, add ip address, add ip address…forever, get me use host name please

Simple example: Time Synchronization
Add Rules: svchost > Destination: pool.ntp.org port:123
ipconfig /flushdns
Click Time Synchronization at “Date and Time > Internet Time tab”
Get firewall popup alert

2.Some firewall rules maybe invalid when saved

Firewall > Network Control Rule > Click OK

At this time: stored action unfinished → Firewall rule maybe ignore when any connection has new created → save complete
New connections maybe create firewall popup alert when CIS save the changes is unfinished. (but related rule is exist)

Reason: Rule be ignored

The bug so long, please improve it.

Sorry for my bad english

Yep, that’s the problem.

Thanks for that SS. Much appreciated.

Hi,

Still not working with Win 8 Pr 64 bit.

Regards
Tom

Anyone else getting General Failure errors when pinging ipv4? Sometimes my very first ping in the chain fails with GF, with all the others succeeding as intended. Then if I switch the firewall to disabled, I get tons of GF ping errors until I turn it back to at least Training Mode. I reset the ipv4 stack and winsock to no avail. Ipv6 is not affected. This happens to everything ipv4, even localhost.

Hey,
Just read this post by chiron: Comodo Forum

So Do I need to uninstall my current version and install the new version in order to avoid issues??

In most cases updating through the updater will go fine. However, if you do run into problems I would advise following the advice given in that topic.

That said, if you want to almost definitely avoid any potential problems you can go ahead and uninstall by following my advice, and then installing the newest version. It’s really up to you.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

Hey Chiron,
Updated just now(without uninstalling) and everything’s running fine. (:CLP)

Glad to hear it.

Please feel free to let me know if you run into any problems or have any questions.

I successfully updated CFW from 5.10 to 5.12 without uninstalling.

My PC used to occasionally hang or be unresponsive after a reboot (maybe 1 in 20 reboots). Haven’t had this problem since the update. PC is running WinXP SP3 and CFW with D+ (sandbox disabled), and Avast 7.

I’m still having problems with the latest versions of Comodo and Avast. Some programs still have access to the net after I block them.

See my reply in your topic about this. Please don’t cross post and most certainly not with a vague problem description.

Sorry about that, I was just hoping the developers were more likely to see my problem in this thread.