COMODO Internet Security 5.0.159634.1091 RC Released!

Wow, almost 4 times longer with the cloud scanning enabled-- not good.

With the cloud scanning enabled

[attachment deleted by admin]

Infact I know you tech ;D
I agree, as I wrote avast team had to write a new software from scratch…comodo staff has already done this work in comodo 4.x…so comodo 5 development is faster…

I hope the final version will have a visual indication when GAME MODE is Active. Two cases showing that how important it is (suppose you forgot activated game mod):

• if you download a virus program will not receive a warning. If you copy that program on system without antivirus …
  • if patch a game that game not gonna work enymore (in my case the patch was installed and the game crash. I had to uninstall the game, download app 7 GB and reinstall). If it is possible to make a game not to work may be possible to make windows or soft too (I will try to test when i have time).
    Game mode is very very useful but, in some cases without any visual indication, can do more harm.

Hi Complete Control unchanged still blocks the PC. It is not complete PC freezes.Windows temp completly filled with data. Huge lot of data. Sorry for English
Vista 64 triple core AMD processor (UAC off) Administrator account

hmm…there’s a huge difference, while Avast 5 was/is a completely new interface when compared to Avast4 (and not just the UI), CIS5 and 4 are just improved versions of CIS3 :wink: Just the sandbox was introduced, and for those using it, some cloud stuff along with the AV. All the rest is still basically CIS3, with fixes, better behavior, whatever you want, but it’s still CIS3. This obviously explains how and why the releases can be out so fast.

Ok. may be Avast wasn’t the best example, i just followed their Beta and remember names like Tech and Rejzor from Avast Beta forum.

But let’s take NIS 2011. It’s nothing more than a little changed NIS 2010, and it’s in beta since May 2010.

KIS 2011 is nothing more than KIS 2010 with a changed GUI and its beta lasted for 2-3 months.

If these huge dinosaurs of secure world that has much bigger stuff than COMODO still run their products in beta stage for so long time to be sure it works perfect i think Comodo should do the same if they want to play at the same playground with big boys.

I repeat that i desperately wait for a new CIS 2011, but I love Comodo and I wish it will be perfect but perfection and speed don’t come together.

I am ready to wait as long as needed only please make my COMODO really best of all.

The main problem with Comodo is that they are jumping from one thing to another. And although i like the CIS5 interface, they never really stop for a second and make existing things right. CIS6 will again have different GUI again plagued by glitches on all ends.
Most of vendors take time and stick with one interface for a while. They all make certain refreshes with cleaner graphics so you know you have a new version, but the core framework is the same. So far less chances of something going rogue and more time to polish things as much as possible.
Same goes for new technology. If you have a great idea, cool. Then sit down for a second, think about it thoroughly, make plans, perfect the idea, create prototype, release it to testers, follow the feedback and then implement it for masses. Comodo tends to have great ideas but horrible way of doing them most of the time. Or they make them but don’t take time to update/upgrade them over time. Because they have something new again. And i don’t mean anything bad with all this to Comodo, it’s just a friendly advice.

+1 :-TU

+1

So nicely said! I think i have nothing to add. I remember Avast used their v. 4.0 interface till they reached v4.8 (i think for 4-5 years) constantly improving what they had. And only then they decided to move to V. 5.0 because this GUI was really obsolete

I guess I was right before…

https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/comodo-internet-security-501573021066-beta-released-t60016.0.html;msg422943#msg422943

Most of the people say it's very stable and very good, except for some minor bugs.... I havent found single one, so I would say with confidence that we would have Release Candidate sooner than new year....
;D

+3 (first my and 2 my frend)… RC… funny. Im going to change my security soft… dreams can`t defend my :frowning:

I’m testing this version on VMware xp pro 32-bit.
what is nice is that now the window “computer security policy” can be maximized.
that’s what i missed a lot in the first beta I tested.
:-TU

I think the CIS has a real potential to excel in the market AntiVirus, however there are things that bother me from COMODO. Basically see no utility in the list of suggestions in this forum, since the overwhelming majority of sugentões are not even considered. A few days ago I posted a thread suggesting the integration of an Anti-Spam and Anti-Phishing (Two software that COMODO has developed in piecemeal) to the CIS, but even
over 70% approval, it became clear that with the release of a RC the idea is ignored.
The COMODO also seems more concerned to be justified by the problems found in their software than in correcting them (see the high emission false positives in the entire history of the CIS).
I believe that before a new version is released, it is necessary to review certain concepts of development and dip each new function of CIS in a beta deep, as exemplarily made to your Lavasoft Ad-Aware, releasing a new feature only when the former had been approved by beta- testers.

I am using it on my home PC no more virtual… with 325GB’s of material and tons of programs and games, no incident so far… Sure, some programs were sandboxed first, but after taking care of that, it’s awesome! :-TU
It is lightning fast and stable!!!
One thing I don’t like is when antivirus detects something, I would like to see full location of that file, not some shortened path… Make a tooltip when hovering over path to display full one and I am 100 percent, grade A, smoking as hot pie, happy person!
O0

in the window “execution control settings”,
what’s the best setting to use for “treat unregonized file as” to be safe ?
partially limited, limited, restricted , untrusted or blocked ?
what’s the difference between the 4 choices (except blocked) ?

+1 main problemm is concept - will be worked concept, there will be no such studies of patches

I believe partly limited is the balance between security and usability, the higher the notch, the less access a program has…
Party probably means only system critical sections are protected… I might be wrong, though…

Assuming for the sake of the argument that Comodo would be implementing then that is something that is not done within a couple of days.

I think there is a definite number of users here who would start screaming “bloat” as soon as Comodo would implement typical suite features like this.