COMODO Internet Security 4 and Application Incompatibility Problems Reporting

Gameguard and CIS have not been friends in the past:

then, they should be… i’ll be going to open up a business of internet cafe with 20 computers and i want to use comodo, but with issues regarding to GameGuard, i might have a second thought… most online games here in our country has nProtect gameguard… i’m hoping that CIS n GameGuard will be friends soon… ^^

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place to put this so just move it around if needed (you guys have some many different forums/threads!)

I’ve been struggling to get Starcraft 2 to work and after disabling CIS it worked fine. Since I do not enjoy running my pc without any protection I’m hoping this issue can be worked out.

I also reported this on the Blizzard forums since I have no clue who’s ‘fault’ this is.

I’m running on a Windows 7 64 os

If you need any more info or a log or something just let me know.

S.

1º Before you start the game try to put D+ and the firewall in Training mode, after you complete your game section please put them on the default settings. Only do this the first time that you run the specific game.

2º post Here your game and I hope that they will white list the game.

You have to put CIS in training mode before starting the game, not after. You should only have to do it the first time you play. One other thing I would absolutely recommend though is to disable the sandbox and leave it that way.

Yeah sorry my mistake I wanted to say before.

i read some posts regarding the nProtect GameGuard issues and they were dated since 2008… 2yrs has passed and yet, no fix until now…

i found a software which is not compatible with cis,however it works very well with kaspersky kis2010.let me show u more details about it:
1.i am now using cis version4.1.150349.920
2.the name of the product is called mytrader;the version of the product is 6.5.019-20100805;you can easily get this product by downloading it from its website;the link to download this software is http://ftp.wenhua.com.cn/files/mytrader2009_whmn.exe;the problem of this software is that i can not log in to the internet with this software untill i have uninstalled cis on my computer.but it works very well with kaspersky kis2010.

Comodo seems to make the Office 2010 Save As dialog box extremely slow to open and navigate. I only have this in Office 2010. The Save As dialog box in other programs run at normal speed.

Some more details:

• Windows 7 x64 and Office 2010 x64
  • Comodo Firewall and D+ (no AV): 4.1.150349.920
  • Firewall set to ‘Custom Policy Mode’
  • Defense+ set to ‘Safe Mode’
  • Sandbox disabled
  • All 4 Defense+ settings under ‘Advanced → Defense+ Settings’ are disabled (Trust the applications …, …, Create rules for safe applications)

Steps to repro:

• Make sure Office 2010 and Comodo are installed
  • Open an Office application (Word of Excel) and open a file
  • Select File → Save As.

Opening and navigating in the dialog box is extremely slow.

When I disable Comodo (exit Comodo), the problem does not occur anymore.

I have confirmed (via multiple install and uninstall) and CIS 4.1.150349.920 (the most current version on the website) makes the most current version of HP MediaSuite DVD not play ANY DVD’s. I even reinstalled the brand new HP laptop to the factory image. Installed the latest HP DVD software and all is well. Install CIS and the DVD software stops working.

I have sandbox turned off. I have ONLY the firewall on.

Hello

Thank you everyone for your feedback and cooperation regarding these specific incompatible problems!

CIS version 5.0 (2011) is going to be released in 2 weeks time: Tuesday, 14th September. One feature that is new is that the “Default Deny” protection has now been re-engineered to improve software compatibility with CIS; now in CIS 5, unknown software/applications that are sandboxed are now treated as Partially limited. This gives the same and even more level of protection, with better compatibility with your trusted software.

Once CIS 5 is released, a new thread will be made for CIS 5 application incompatibility problems you may face. Rest assured CIS 5 is a much more improvement though overall over CIS 4.0/4.1.

Thanks again for all your efforts!

On behalf of the moderators (we are not Comodo employees!!),
Josh