COMODO Internet Security 3.8.64263.468 Released

these apps are most likely in our extended whitelist…

Melih

Just raise the Firewall security level from Safe Mode to Custom Policy Mode and you’ll get the alerts. You can also raise the Alert Frequency Level.

Thanks. I tried, but will try again.

A few things I noticed:

1. Right click scan window still says BETA in the header.
  2. Exclusion list works on right click scanning, but not on full drive scan. My exclusions are ignored when scanning the whole drive.
  3. Still a lot of false positives with heuristics enabled.

This was a clean install without importing my settings from a previous version.

After using the Beta all I can say about this new version is:

SWEET!

Install went smooth, lite as a feather and not seeing any problems at this time.

Cheers to all at Comodo’s!! :■■■■

old comodo uninstalled,
the new build was installed without any prob on vista 64,
using the FW in custom mode, D+ installed in highest security level, actually set as training mode with balloons to see what happens and learn all files needed, agressive mode is set for image exec control level and choose all files groups to check.
using detect shell code inject,
monitor settings, all options activated.
i turned on monitor other NIDS protocols than tcp/ip into the FW and the block fragmented ip datagrams.
D+ is still learning about all files my laptop needs for now.
i deleted all rules into FW except the comodo one.
now it’s time to really begin the test of this new build.
i turned on threadcaste too.
there’s no install prob at all, maybe it’s better uninstalling all old comodo before u install the new one.
let’s see how it is now on vista 64.
i’ll install it on xp 32 soon.
install issue : none.

Real nice treat running very smooth just ONE thing thats driving me crazy it detects Tuneup Utilities as a virus & thats been going on way too long.

I may be missing something here, but I couldn’t help but notice your statement “My exclusions are ignored when scanning the whole drive.” Isn’t that the point of putting a file or program in exclusions, so that they are ignored by the CIS scanning engine during a drive scan? I don’t mean to sound flippant, but I am just asking.

What I meant was, the files I have in my Exclusion list are detected. In other words, they are flagged again. CAV should ignore them when doing a drive scan like it does on a right click scan.

I have a very similar issue with the process stacsv.exe that I reported in the beta but has not been fixed. I’m going to post a bug report.

so this build will work with window 7 beta ?

yes, right click on the .exe file
click on compatibility
run under vista

Is anyone seeing this on their end?

[attachment deleted by admin]

I installed CIS 3.8.64263.468.
Then, the online gaming did not start. It was impossible though D+ was invalidated.

The game title is “FANTASY EARTH ZERO”, and the game that can be connected only in Japan.
When starting, it starts in order of FEzero.exe → FEzero_UpdateClient.exe → FEzero_Client.exe.
However, the process of the game cancels when pushing the button to start if CIS 3.8.64263.468 is installed.

The homepage of “FANTASY EARTH ZERO” is here. http://www.fezero.jp/
“FANTASY EARTH ZERO” The download address of the game client is here. http://www.fezero.jp/file_count.ashx?num=58720286

It started without trouble at CIS 3.5.57173.439.

Thanks.

I noticed it too. I mentioned it here.

The Detect Shellcode Injections in Image Execution Control Settings in Defense+ is the Buffer Overflow Protection that was incorporated into CIS to take the place of the stand-alone Comodo Memory Firewall. Executables that were hogging CPU resources could be very effectively added to the CMF Exclusions list to drastically reduce excess CPU usage. The Detect Shellcode Injections has this same Exclusions option. I assume that hpqtra08.ex is an executable. Just add it as an exclusion by clicking on the Add button and clicking on Browse \ Computer \ OS (C:) \ Program Files \ HP \ … \ hpqtra08.exe and see if that doesn’t take care of your excess CPU problem. Back when I had CMF installed, prior to this last CIS Beta, which incorporated Buffer Overflow Protection into CIS, I had to add two or three executables into the CMF Exclusions list to keep CPU usage from getting extremely high. This worked very effectively for me. Since CIS incorporated Buffer Overflow Protection, I have not had to add any executables into the Exclusions list. But that would be the first thing I would try if I found an executable hogging CPU resources.

Bugs! :o

Please Report Them. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Josh

The Detect Shellcode Injections in Image Execution Control Settings in Defense+ is the Buffer Overflow Protection that was incorporated into CIS to take the place of the stand-alone Comodo Memory Firewall. Executables that were hogging CPU resources could be very effectively added to the CMF Exclusions list to drastically reduce excess CPU usage. The Detect Shellcode Injections has this same Exclusions option. Just add stacsv.exe as an exclusion by clicking on Add, then Browse \ Computer \ OS (C:) \ Program Files \ … \ till you locate stacsv.exe. Or you may find it in Running Processes, and be able to add it from there. See if that doesn’t take care of your excess CPU problem. Back when I had CMF installed, prior to this last CIS Beta, which incorporated Buffer Overflow Protection into CIS, I had to add two or three executables into the CMF Exclusions list to keep CPU usage from getting extremely high. This worked very effectively for me. But since CIS incorporated Buffer Overflow Protection, I have not had to add any executables into the Exclusions list. But that would be the first thing I would try if I found an executable hogging CPU resources.

If you’re using TuneUp Utilities 2009, there has been an update. See this thread. You may need to update to v8.0.2000.35. After I updated, TuneUp Utilities passed with heuristics on high.

Another major turning point for CIS would be implementation of BOClean, new UI, and at least 40% more usuability