COMODO Internet Security 3.8.64263.468 Released

Only problem with this release was I could not access the Comodo download site to download the new app. Seems there was a mad dash to download it while it was still hot. I went to lunch. I have since downloaded and installed. No problems. Very light on resources. I have Network Defenses set to Custom and Proactive Defense set to Paranoid (as usual for me). So far I have noticed fewer popups compared with earlier versions. Good job Comodo.

Why is SafeSurf still included in the installer? I guess it’s due to marketing (the Ask.com stuff), as the very SafeSurf isn’t needed anymore?

Yeah, that is very strange… it seems that the developers always forget the most logical steps…

The Beta ran perfectly on my Vista Ultimate duel-core Intel computer. I expect this final release to be even better. The download was bogged down by everyone jumping on the much-anticipated release, but that was no big deal. Download speeds ranged from 30-90 Kb/sec and once got all the way up to 250 Kb/sec for a very short period of time. I checked the resource usage and found it extremely light with cfp.exe using about 4.5 Mb and cmdagent.exe using about 1.5 Mb of CPU resources (neither registering even 1% of CPU usage). This Internet Security suite is going to continue to get better and better and is really going to start getting widespread adoption on a lot of computers as news gets out about it and it starts getting tested more. The minimal 2 day delay beyond the February 10 target date was a pleasant surprise for everyone.
Great job, Comodo.(:CLP) :-TU :-TU :-TU :BNC Many thanks of appreciation to the Devs for all their hard work to get this final release out.

About CMF. I did not get a option to leave it on/off while installing. I also do not see a option any where that has a setting. Seems like it is built into it.

I think you see that stuff at image execution settings, there you can select detect shellcode injections (that is the detection of buffer overflow attacks)…

Yes, it’s still with the Image Execution settings.

It’s not optional to install but it’s optional to enable. Don’t know if it’s enabled by default as I immediately changed configuration to Proactive Security.

Great job. Can`t wait to test it. :comodo110:

PS: Can you update antivirus definitions with this version or not?

why not? this is not a beta… it is a release for the mass…

Thanks guys. I just looked and when I installed CIS with the firewall and default settings. It was not enabled. Should I enable CMF? I noticed in the user manual. It says this: “Comodo recommends that this setting to be maintained selected always.” If so. Why is it not enabled as a default setting when installing?

I didn`t understood first post about automatic updates. :THNK

Thanks for the new release. :wink:

Did you install CIS in Vista compatibility mode?
When I installed the new release without Vista compatibility mode on Win 7 b7000 32bit, I also had a message saying that Network component isn’t working properly. After setting the installer into Vista compatibility mode everything works fine.

Don’t know why it isn’t enabled by default (thanks for making that clear by the way). For some D+ settings it makes sense if it reduces number of popups (and if the antivirus actually covers for the disabled D+ settings), but Comodo say BO protection is important… they were quick to bundle CFP with SafeSurf long before they were able to get CMF into CIS. So you go ahead and enable it. :slight_smile:

I have been trying the new release and there seems to be a conflict with part of my HP Deskjet F380 all in one software.
According to the task manager the process hpqtra08.ex is using anywhere between 22 and 35 K (it normally uses around 8k). At the same time the system processor is showing 100% usage. This pretty well freezes up the P.C. - even opening task manager takes ages.
If I terminate hpqtra08 forcibly with task manager, usage returns to normal.
If I un-install CIS the problem is not evident.
I have un-installed & re-installed both the H.P. software & CIS twice to see if there has been a failure in installation of either, but this seems not to be the case.
I am running XP Home, SP3, fully patched on a Toshiba laptop with Celeron 1.7 processor & with 1,5 GB RAM.
For the present, therefore, it’s back to Avira PE Premium & Online Armor (paid).
Sorry!
??? ??? ???

Uninstalled NOD32 and Comodo firewall, restarted PC, cleaned the registry with comodo system cleaner.
Installed CIS 3.8 without any problems, restarted PC and it is running smooth. :■■■■

Windows XP pro sp3

Great job.

I knew it. “D +” continue to block exe files and I had to completely disable it. Solutions to this problem still does not know. :THNK

Thanks “Comodo”…

Its running great on my Vista Home Premium 64-bit… Only uses like 5mb… and the CPU is like 0%…

Thats great…

Keep up the good work…

Welldone Guys!

I know you worked very hard for this release.

This release marks a turning point in the history of Security Industry where a product based on Prevention as your first line of defense now becomes usable by a novice user.

Welldone to you guys!

Melih

Is it me, or firewall lets lot of apps on internet without asking? Frustrating.

Great job Comodo! CIS + Sandboxie and the World is a Happy Place! :comodorocks:

Ice