COMODO Internet Security 3.8.64263.468 Released

Thanks good to know. CIS was always killing TuneUp

there’s a very big improvment for Defense+ that learned here most of my system files and then i see that Defense+ doesnt ask about almost of all the apps i use.
people that complained about irritating Defense+ hundred alerts will see the huge difference now, Defense+ knows a lot of apps and i see no balloons in training mode when i launched apps that D+ used to block.
i was thinkin something was wrong as i didnt see any balloons in training mode but just open the D+ rules then u see that D+ is now able to auto set known apps, a lot for me, D+ learned a lot of system files then no alert for a big list of apps, it knows all i got, like quickpar, D+ didnt ask anything and allowed it.
the amount of alerts decreased considerably, that’s what people asked for if i remember,
here it is. :wink:

Wonderful … I am also installing

I wanted some more input from you guys. I installed this new version. All at default settings. I found out buffer over flow protection was not enabled. I had to manually go in there and check it. It was checked off blank. Any other users run into this? I am interested to see if it was a glitch with my system. Melih told me in another thread his was enabled by default when installing it. How I enabled it for other users can check if it is or is not enabled.

1. Open firewall
  2. Click D+
  3. Click on Advanced
  4. Click Image Execution Control Settings
  5. Click box that says Detect shellcode injections

I don’t know what’s up. I did a clean install and it was enabled!

Madness. It must be my system then or maybe it will only happen to some people depending on the system they are using. Because it was not enabled. I uninstalled the older version. Restarted and then ran CCleaner. Then installed this new version at default settings.

thank you, Comodo!

Downloading now. Good expectations on, but a short time to “test” and give you feedback due to some extra-work up to sunday.

CONGRATULATIONS. COMODO PEOPLE ARE DOING A GREAT, HUGE “WELL DONE” WORK. :■■■■

COMODO Internet Security 3.8.64263.468 Released Profesional version where ? download

What do you mean with professional version ? You mean the paid version or ?

Xan

yes paid version

There is no paid version of CIS. There’s only a paid service :slight_smile:

oh my god, got a big problem with xp pro sp3 and last comodo, the system became totaly crazy and unstable after i tried to set some rule for google chrome, i cant use comodo anymore, lots of windows errors keep on appearing and most are blank, i’ll send the crashdump.

understand

Thank you for your note

I haven´t used Comodo for a while now, but this thing is good.

Few questions…

Security center tells me that both vista (64 bit, ultimate) and Comodo firewall are in use. Old days Comodo automatically shut windows firewall off, but now with 3.8 they are both working at same time. Should i disable windows firewall? Or are they now working together?

Hi Rillipiru :slight_smile: I would suggest to turn off Windows Firewall to avoid possible conflicts. COMODO will cover everything for ya :slight_smile:

Btw…My Avira license is now useless… (:NRD)

Just checked mine - Image Execution Control was Disabled! The Overflow box was ticked though!

I think since http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/download_firewall.html
Sould link to the 3.8 version and not the old one… :-\

Thats just a thought, but maby its intentionally to let us forum folks test the thing a little extra before it gets out public update! :slight_smile:

Ah, now i remember why i did buy Avira license…

Ongelmatapahtuman nimi: APPCRASH
Application Name: cmdagent.exe
Application Version: 3.8.64263.468
Application Timestamp: 499348ea
Fault Module Name: unarch.cav
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4992d6f4
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000000002f7b9
Käyttöjärjestelmän versio: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Lokaalin tunnus: 1035

And further more, when i try to scan a file with scan with Comodo antivirus : Antivirus engine is not initialized.

I think it´s is time to go back to Avira, once again…

Ps. I am pretty skilled PC user, but it is easier to fly a jumbojet than use Comodo. All english, 3-5 pop ups in every single file that is not in safefiles (clean pc mode). I got 4 FP, wrc3.exe which is a very reliable piece of software.

Firewall dont turn off windows firewall, maybe this is one of the best leaktest passers, but no way in hell this software is going to be in my or my falmily´s pc. Too much hassle, way too much…and if some novice pc user is trying to use it, no way…

I know it´s free and might be very handy for some people, but i don t wanna answer my wife calls in middle of the workday, cause D+ is asking what HKLM/DREESS.EXE/USER/LOCAL/WHAT´UP NOW is…

Peace.

Ah yes, same here. So with the default configuration (which a newbie won’t change), Internet Security, BO protection is enabled. :-TU