COMODO Internet Security 3.12.111745.560 Released

I think Black Star means on the Comodo website.

Exactly!When this version proves that is stable, then will be on the comodo’s official site.:slight_smile:

The forums get the release first. It’s always been like that until this far.

here is the screenshot :wink:

so windows sockets interface was not present on older builds no ?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Correct, it’s a new “Protected Files Group”
Beware that a “converted” configuration does not contain this group, if you did an in-place upgrade you need to add this group manually.

It’s only available on Proactive Security:
[nobbc]
File Group: [Windows Sockets Interface] is defined as

[0] \Device\Afd\Endpoint
[1] \Device\Nsi
[/nobbc]

I just leave Image execution on the default minimum settings, I never have added any of the options. I figured that would just add to the useless popups.

Be aware this has nothing to do with Image Execution !!

It’s just the list of “Protected File Groups” that’s shown there, the configuration has changed on the “Protected Files Group” which has this extra group called “Windows Socket Interface” and only on the Proactive Security profile.

How can it have nothing to do with Image Execution when that’s where you find it and the files or groups are not checked there unless you add them to the list?

Because it’s a global list of “Groups” available on a lot of config settings windows, click around a few and see where they all show up… It’s only useful on Protected Files.

So it is time to update this thread
https://forums.comodo.com/install_setup_configuration_help/what_are_the_defaults_for_comodo_internet_security_cis_311108364552-t44478.0.html
or a similar one.

But please use more screenshots, like in the old times :wink:

Well that will be easy, for the default installation nothing has changed :smiley:

Only Proactive Security has this group extra.

[attachment deleted by admin]

1. You are not on Proactive Security
  2. You upgraded from 3.11 to 3.12 and are on Proactive Security - Upgraded
    The upgrade does not add this extra group, you need to put it in manually.

Thanks a bunch, Ronny !!

Information is very valuable. I wanted to uninstall 3.11 and install v3.12 to cover all changes in file groups etc. Now i don’t have to :-TU

Well I’m not saying that nothing changed on the coding, nothing has changed based on the protection level for file/registry/com groups etc for default settings… i would recommend to upgrade to 3.12 because of bug-fixes :-TU

Sure, will upgrade.
My wording was bad. I meant i wanted to begin from zero (clean install) just to cover all changes in file/registry/com groups etc. Now i can proceed with normal update procedure (without uninstalling 3.11).

Help, with V!0 I received 4 different configurations and was invited to select one (Internet Security I think) and export and then import as Instal/Uninstall configuration. Then (and also with V11) each of these 5 different configurations may be selected, and with that in force I can independently adjust 3 different types of security level (Antivirus, Firewall, Defense+). When I return to any configuration I find the 3 security levels are as they were previously set in that same configuration, and have not been affected by changes within other configurations. There is an awful lot of permutations.

Before I plunge into v12, please briefly explain what these permutations achieve and why.

i.e. If for each configuration I set exactly the same antivirus protection level and do likewise to each configuration for the Firewall and Defense+,
will choice of configuration then make any difference in the operation and permission / rejection of Comodo ?

I know that Proactive Security is normally recommended, but Instal/Uninstal during installation/removal,
but would have thought it feasible to use only one configuration and simply disable Antivirus and Defense+ whilst installing etc.

Alan

Not sure if it’s just me but I do believe that the AV scan is even faster which is amazing if true.

Now that you say that… it seems to be faster… In 2 minutes it scanned 28,000 files on my system… And in for 4 minutes it had scanned 100,000 files. :slight_smile:

hmmmm… I wonder if this was the culprit that would occasionally affect/cause:

• steam downloads stopping for no apparent reason
  • ventrillo server disconnects
  • FF3.52 refusing to load the odd site heavy with content

what are your views on the latest version guys?

Are we showing less popups?
Are we catching more malware?
Are we faster at scanning?

Melih