COMODO Internet Security 3.12.111745.560 Released

[i]Okay…Finally, CIS’s ready to get back to the ball game~

UpTime: 08:35 (Hrs/Mins)

RAM: 8GB

CIS: 3.12.111745.560

torrent files: 4

audio/video snagging (Winamp/realplay SP): not this time finally…

DPC Latency: Max- 4629 ~ Current - 472 ~~~ PRICELESS ~~~[/i] O0

http://i38.tinypic.com/10qh3xv.jpg

Thanks for that Abiosis!

Melih

It still doesn’t look that good to me either (see attached image), those 2K+ peaks could easily cause drop-outs… and they don’t?

Btw Is that up time 8 hours or 8 minutes?

[attachment deleted by admin]

[i]UpTime: 08:35 (Hrs/Mins) ~ L0L

Compare to what I got with the last CIS version “3.11.108364.552”

I’ll just take it and run…happily this time…obviously~

last CIS version “3.11.108364.552”
UpTime: 09:54 (Hrs/Mins)

http://i33.tinypic.com/kbwz2d.jpg

~PEACE~[/i]

Hi Ronny,

Can you please clarify that?
I am on Proactive and I don’t have that Group

Does it mean that the clean installation of the Firewall, but not the on-line update would do that?

If so, why that was not pointed (again !) in the release notes

If not, would you mind to add more details for those who need to add this manually please

***Edited
I think I added it correctly as suggested by Ronny

http://h.imagehost.org/t/0785/ProtectedFileGroupAdded.jpg
and the new Group then was added to Protected Files

… Just now I noticed that similar image was provided already … :wink:

And definitely thanks to ailef for bringing this issue to our attention :-TU

Not having that in the release notes :-TD

Cheers!

Everything is working fine here but as far as scanning speed goes, I’m not sure if it’s faster or maybe even slower. I did a critical areas scan after a fresh reboot and it scanned 85,776 items in 14:45. It seems to me that it was faster before.

Full My Computer Scan-- 87,662 items in 14:48

Okay, I found a scan I did with v3.10 when I had a lot more on my HD, it scanned 209,630 items in 27:38. Doing some math gives me 126.44 items scanned per second in 3.10. The results here in 3.12 come out to 98.72 items per second. So, no, scanning is not faster, it has slowed down by more than 20%.

Dch48

I am not convinced.

If the 209,630 - 87,662 = 121,968 files now omitted were all small *.txt and *.log files,
perhaps they took only 7:38 for v3.10 to scan,
and the 87,662 files still present might have taken v3.10 all of 20:00 to scan,
in which case v3.13 could be 30% faster than v3.10, not 20% slower.

Alan

Version 3.13 is so fast, it has gone into the future to do its scanning! Comodo’s Time Machine is in CIS?

Thanks for sharing. It saves me to start from scratch again…

3)You imported your old 3.11 Proactive config

CTM isn’t in this version. Should be in the CIS 4 version.

Hi,

I was using CIS default settings and I successfully updated from 3.11 to 3.12.

Is there any protected file group or whatever which I should add?

Thanks

Hi smage,

If your security level is “Internet Security” then you don’t have to do anything.
There is only an addition to “Proactive Security”.

They were not all small txt or log files. The difference then was that I had XP Media Center Edition installed and I now have XP Pro. Media Center is much larger and the additional files are certainly not all small txt files. The only other thing that was installed then is Doom3, a game that takes a good amount of space and again, the files are not small. I don’t think your scenario fits at all and I am sure that the scanning is now slower than it was in v3.10. Loading times for programs also seem to be slower.

Ok thanks.

I updated yesterday from v3.11 to v3.12 just through the normal update process ie no clean reinstall. Tonight I get a little pop up telling me updates are available and a file downloaded and installed and asked me to reboot for updates to take effect. On reboot I see no change to the previous numbers.
Product Version =3.12.111745.560 and VSD version 2371
What was the little update for tonight then as I see no mention of it here?.

Did you delete one of the entries of the My Trusted Software Vendors list?

Just a word of advice for those wondering whether they should switch to Proactive Security or not because it might offer “Higher/Better Security” - Since a new rule for it was added in this version, etc.

When you install CIS by default, With Firewall & Antivirus, The default configuration (Internet Security) is fine, period. It is NOT just about switching of some settings to make CIS more usable and less secure. CIS has an AV there, Memory Firewall, Memory Scanner, Defense+ & Firewall to make this configuration still retain its security and have min pop ups. Defense+ is configured by default to prevent any damage of any malware out there, designed to work with the AV to achieve protection. This version by far is the most quietest while still retaining it’s security, acceptable security and acceptable user experience!

Finally, you are protected by default by CIS and no one should feel less secured or need to switch to Proactive, Proactive can REPLACE any AV btw. It will only simply produce more pop ups, especially for the average user. Personally, the only time I would recommend using the Proactive Configuration is when you have CIS configured for zero alerts. This way, you have no alerts to deal with and nothing can come in to your PC and your current PC set up will run with zero alerts.

Please keep this in mind!

Cheers,
Josh

Wise words 3xist.

Jose.

Hey 3xist,
I agree with your point. Although I would clarify one issue…the default firewall configuration is not secure: the user must run “Stealth Ports Wizard” before the firewall will be sufficiently secure. I know it is a bit off topic from the point you were trying to make, but I wanted to remind the new CIS users.
Remember to run stealth ports wizard after CIS installation (hopefully Comodo will make this part of the installation process in CIS4 so people will not forget to stealth the ports).

Okay, I am crawling back under my rock…

Sure… No problem Whoop.

Cheers,
Josh