COMODO Internet Security 3.10.102363.531 Released

I’m on VPN so, unfortunately, the Secure DNS won’t be an option for me :frowning:

what about threatcast? has it been fixed already? I haven’t been able to use it since day one! >:(

I notice that .529 has different Global Firewall Rules than .509. If I import my .509 profile, I have the old Global Rules back. Should I just start fresh or will the old Global Rules suffice? Which is better?

???

:o Oh My God, Oh My God, Oh My God, :o this is scary, really scary; I just installed CIS 3.10 and soon thereafter, I installed virtualbox on my computer and during the virtualbox installation process D+ did not even give me one single pop-up, not even 1/2 of one. I did not even realize D+ was there until after virtualbox was installed and I realized that I did not get any pop-up whatsoever. This is simply not fair, I like getting pop-ups… NOT. ;D

Mes felicitations a tout le monde qui travaille a Comodo.

Peace. :a0

I have the same set of Global rules, and I did a clean install, used the same settings (chose not to import, though).

What configuration are you using? The Global Rules for Proactive Security are the same as in 3.09 as far as I can tell.

Yes i just tryed it and i can reproduce it.

But it is when trying to downlaod a trojan that i get his error.

lost settings as well not all of them ??? some firewall settings stayed some didn’t program settings for comodo reverted back to default. I will export settings on the other computers next.

LOL i found the new COMODO search PAGE NOT powered BY ASK! :-TU :-TU :-TU :-TU

Very Nice guys!

Anything in the Windows Event logs… or any other logs? Do you have a Packet Sniffer? You could see what was going on, comms wise, in the background and record it for others to look at.

I may have missed mention of this thread but the release date for the newest version of Comodo Firewall shows July 7, 2009 which is not the case. Same thing for the Release Notes.

I did not select dns when doing the clean install of 3.10 but I switched my dns settings manually to the comodo servers and it seems that my browsing has become faster. :slight_smile:

One thing though, the virus DB has not updated since the change to 3.10. Has it for anyone else?

Alright i will get a packet sniffer shortly, also does it matter that its in a virtual machine and with the DNS set to COMODO on Host and Virtual Machine?

I did select the DNS option. Could that be the answer?

.529 Internet Security:

Block ICMP Out From IP Any To IP Any Where ICMP Message Is PROTOCOL UNREACHABLE

Block ICMP In From IP Any To IP Any Where ICMP Message Is 17.0

Block ICMP In From IP Any To IP Any Where ICMP Message Is 15.0

Block ICMP In From IP Any To IP Any Where ICMP Message Is 13.0

Block ICMP In From IP Any To IP Any Where ICMP Message Is ECHO REQUEST

.509 Internet Security:

Allow IP Out From IP Any To IP Any Where Portocol Is Any

Allow ICMP In From IP Any To IP Any Where ICMP Message Is FRAGMENTATION NEEDED

Allow ICMP In From IP Any To IP Any Where ICMP Message Is TIME EXCEEDED

Block And Log IP In From IP Any To IP Any Where Portocol Is Any

Here are the Packet Sniffer reports. I removed the URL of the Malware.

0 is the DNS request i think.

[attachment deleted by admin]

These are mine (note: Proactive configuration, stealth my ports on a per case basis)

All of my default profiles, Internet Security through Firewall Security, have the same Global Rules as your last 5. Is this normal? They differ vastly from v.509.

–Edit–

OK, I figured it out, although I never noticed this before. I decided to start fresh. As I changed my settings, I noticed that new Global Rules were being created. I would change a setting and then check the rules, change another setting and check the rules again, etc. When I finally got it set the way I had .509, the Global Rules were the same! All this fuss and worry for nothing! Geez!!!

:cry:

Thanks egemen and team

This is getting better all the time. Did a clean install importing my config. No problems. Running quiet and light. I think granny can use this one. ;D

John

Egemen,
I have done an update to 529 on one Vista computer and a clean install on another Vista computer. I also lost all my settings, but no big deal. I set up my wireless router and both computers to use the Comodo DNS servers. After setting this up, neither computer will successfully check for CIS program updates. I get an Error 108 message that tells me to please check my Internet connection settings. The Internet connection is working fine because I have browser access and can send and receive email. The only problem seems to be trying to use the CIS program updater. I obviously didn’t have this problem before using the Comodo DNS servers, because I did an update to CIS 529 on one of the computers. Does this have anything to do with the Error 106 because of the overload that you are talking about, or is this a totally different issue? Since using the Comodo DNS servers, I have noticed that a few webpage links and some email links take FOREVER to load, but most webpage and email links are fast.