COMODO Internet Security 2025 Premium

Hi Max691,

Thank you for reporting.
Could you please share us the screenshot of the configuration section ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

W10
Uninstall CIS 8012 and install CIS 2025
Transfer configuration from CIS 8012 to CIS 2025
CIS 2025 with all active systems

All OK for now

In the widget, IE should be replaced by Edge

I would advise you not to use the configuration from the previous version only from the beta version come into play. There have been cases of anomalies in the operation of CIS

24 hours after uninstalling the beta and installing Cis 2025 premium on Windows 11 23H2 and using my old config and everything is running smooth with no issues.

1 Like

I think the problem is that BD does not accept that security software is installed when it is itself installed.
The solution must be to uninstall BD and CIS, install CIS and then install BD.

yes it is imperative to install bitdefender before cis otherwise the installation cannot be done

@Max691 There is a dissonance with previous quote…

1 Like

@Xao_Fan-Tzilin

My memory failed me.

@Max691 's answer is the right one.

1 Like

The CIS 2025 still doesn’t filter TUN adapter?

Hi Max691,

Thank you for reporting.
We do not recommend customer to use several security software simultaneously as it causes unexpected behavior/malfunctions, crash, performance isssue…etc.
Kindly disable the other security software.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

1 Like

Hi C.O.M.O.D.O RT
Why then have the choice of antivirus or firewall in the options during installation?

2 Likes

Windows 11 Pro 23H2 fully updated. Tried installing CIS 2025 premium again. Both AV and Firewall. This time no crash report occured, but scans still abort. First full scan on 4 internal hard drives (total of 5 partitions) after install went ok but 10 minutes or so later wnen doing a second full scan it aborted. Then ran a scan on just the D:drive and it aborted again as can be seen on screenshot.

I think it has something to do with MS Defender. Perhaps a conflict. You may need to disable real-time scanning in Defender.

Thank you for your comment but Defender is not running it is disabled by the installation of CIS.

look

What is Error Code 0x80004004 & How to Quickly Fix it (windowsreport.com)

Thanks for the link. As I have said Defender and it’s services are not running. I have never experienced this error before installing CIS. As to the causes and solutions mentioned in the Windowsreport web page, I have a very fast and reliable internet connection and I had already run sfc and dism with no reported problems. The problem seems to be a comodo one.

Do not know if the following has anything to do with the problem but have found repeated instances in the windows event viewer under windows security logs of the following error.

It is too long ago for me to remember the details but definately do remember this comodo file (guard64.dll) being involved in problems with previous versions of CIS.

Log Name: Security
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing
Date: 01/07/2024 4:39:24 PM
Event ID: 5038
Task Category: System Integrity
Level: Information
Keywords: Audit Failure
User: N/A
Computer: DESKTOP-8EFDEA9
Description:
Code integrity determined that the image hash of a file is not valid. The file could be corrupt due to unauthorized modification or the invalid hash could indicate a potential disk device error.

File Name: \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\guard64.dll
Event Xml:

0x8010000000000000

Security
DESKTOP-8EFDEA9

\Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\guard64.dll

PS: Nothing is wrong with any of my hard disks.

I believe that’s intentional as bait to check for other malware injections and doesn’t cause any issues.

From an old topic:

2 Likes