Comodo Internet Security 2024 v12.3.1.8104 beta

The old forum was a crowded city with lots of user traffic many years ago. The new forum looks like a ghost town…

Well, a lot of things happened since 2011, and dropping projects plus not updating CIS had a huge impact too.

Hi ioannis210

Has Comodo CIS stopped the connection to this BERKELEY institute page, or the Boinc software or the malware that it downloads?

Personally, I wanted to test regCool and I connected to this page Information RegCool to download it with this link: https://kurtzimmermann.com/files/RegCool.exe

This action has not been blocked by Comodo CIS.

On the other hand, it was done by Malwarebytes.

It’s good to always repeat the same lietmotif and say that CIS blocks any unknown infection in its sandbox.

But knowing the sites that endanger security is even better.

Because this site decided to have access to my clipboard without asking my opinion…

In my clipboard, there was important and confidential information and a username and password that I had just copied and pasted from the password manager to another software.

For you, has Comodo CIS blocked this unauthorized access to your personal data if you give it a try?

(after emptying your clipboard of course)

I told friends in the IT world that I was worried about the Comodo CIS sequel.

They just admitted to me that by constantly promoting Comodo CIS, I thought I looked like a trendy Geek, whereas I looked more like a nerdy person who was offering security software that wasn’t no longer up to date for too long…

It hurts… my pride took a hit!

(But I remain confident in the possibility of catching up) (They are working on it, that’s why we don’t hear about them anymore…)

1 Like

Our protection never stopped protecting.

3 Likes

Indeed.

Recent avlab.pl results 100% as usual https://avlab.pl/en/recent-results/ and will be Product of the Year again I think for the 3rd time.

There’s also the Comodo Transparency page: https://www.comodo.com/labs-statistics/

1 Like

On Virus Total only one scanner thinks this is malware. In practice this means the detecting scanner is wrong.

When I start RegCool I do get an alert.

When I disable the sandbox I will get a couple D+ alerts it wants to access the com interface but none alert about access to the clipboard.

How did you see RegCool or its website access the clipboard? Are there other security programs running in the background alongside CIS?

I cannot reproduce your findings. You are a user who tinkers a lot with his system and from your posts I gather you are not doing that in a structured way that would allow you to backtrack things you observe to changes you made.

3 Likes

The app itself does not have access to the clipboard service CBDHSvc.dll

I am seeing the same thing when updating Windows Canary Insider builds which use the same procedure. I temporarily uninstall CIS to work around it. I have not looked deeper into what exactly is happening.

:+1: :+1: :+1: Applause! Great ! Is this the current beta version or the next one?

Hello Citizen_K !

Thank you very much for answering my request. It was very nice of you to take the time to try it out and also to reply.

Well done! Indeed, I’m a user who uses everything his computer has to offer.
That’s why I chose Comodo CIS.

To make sure that nothing happens despite these tests (always wise and legal, I might add).
If I only used Word… I might not need such a powerful and reassuring security solution :wink:

To return to the subject of the site in question, here are my explanations:

Ever since the beta version came out, when I download software from a little-known publisher, as a matter of principle, I repeat the operation on other systems to see what happens.

So, after downloading it from the Windows where Comodo CIS is installed, I also downloaded it from the Windows where MalwareBytes is installed.
On this Windows, I got several alerts, one of which told me that the site was accessing my clipboard.
This is quite unusual from Malwarebytes, I don’t think it was a false alarm.

That’s why I asked the question: if a website accesses my Comodo CIS clipboard, will it alert me? (Because I didn’t get an alert, nor did you).
That was my concern.

So, whether I’m a user who tries software that doesn’t always come from the big companies or not, normally doesn’t influence the answer.

Almost everyone “tinkers” at some time or other on their PC, when it’s a personal computer, so I guess we should never ostracize a user, because everyone can relate to the answer.

I was on alternativeto.net and it suggested this software as one of several choices.

(On the other hand, from the point of view of beta testing, I think it’s a good thing that a user can see what could happen in real life…)

( Otherwise, there would be no need for Comodo to make the beta public, If it was just to keep the notepad running…)

Hi Tachion !

Thanks for the help

In fact, it’s the site itself, via the Ms Edge browser, that seems to have wanted to access my clipboard.

They test the current stable version which technically is .8032 if you download the Pro version from the website but the protection is the same as .8012. .8032 was just a UI change calling the paid version Pro but no other amendments. It’s meant to revert to the Free version but it didn’t work for everyone so users have always been told to get the Premium version from the forum.

Anyway, still .8012 technology still going strong, it’ll be interesting to see how the next stable fares in comparison.

Unfortunately, there are no actions of this type:

Path:
C:WINDOWSsystem32svchost.exe

Command Line:
C:WINDOWSsystem32svchost.exe -k ClipboardSvcGroup -p -s cbdhsvc

when the page is loaded and downloaded

And immediately after that I write the following:

It is the lack of structure in your actions I was commenting on. Your posts are most of the time journaling what you do suggesting there are issues rather than structured inquiries while part of the time you are not understanding how CIS works and will report that as an issue.

You are now describing you are using two separate Windows installations one on which you use CIS and another on which you use MBAM. Is that correctly understood? It it is then that was not clear from what you wrote. Then it comes across as that you use MBAM side by side with CIS which makes it a possible variable in the problem you are describing.

That was not how I understood your post but I think Tachion may have answered your question. But what do you mean with Comodo CIS clipboard? Is there a CIS clipboard that I am not aware of? Are you referring to a program in CIS sandbox?

This is also about your style of writing. When I do ask you to clarify you write better and more to the point and then there is a better understanding from which a more productive conversation arises.

I would like to urge you to write more to the point and structured rather than the wandering and journaling style in which things are implied and leaves us guessing how to connect the dots.

It’s been awhile…
Is Comodo Staff on holiday?

Hi all,

Good news!! We recently published last BETA version for CIS 2024. Please checkout below link for improvements and bugfixes.

We continue working to improve CIS and provide you with the best cyber security possible.

Thank you very much for your patience and continuous support.

9 Likes