Comodo Internet Security 2024 v12.3.1.8104 beta

Hi radek178,

Thank you for reporting.
The CIS v12.2.2.8012 is not supposed to update to this new CIS version in anyway as it is released as beta. .

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

I think we do not understand each other. My Comodo Firewall has not updated to the new beta version. I just wanted to see if it would work, because in some older versions of Comodo it did.

Will the new beta CF work with Kaspersky free AV?

Hi radek178,

Let me check with the team and update you.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

So, any update on this, my friend?

Hi khanyash,

The status of this feature request is in analysis.
We will update you as soon as it is implemented in the upcoming cis releases.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

1 Like

Hi radek178,

We do not recommend customers to use multiple security software simultaneously as it will cause BSOD, crash, performance issues.
So kindly install the stable version of CIS/CFW alone.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Thank you very much. I’ve been using Comodo FW for at least 10 years, but only the FW itself. I have 12.2.2.8012 installed. I have never installed CIS. About 5 years ago I was using Kaspersky AV and Comodo FW. No problems. Then I switched from Kaspersky to Defender, on my new PC I didn’t want to buy a license again that had expired. But after a couple of years I found out that Defender slows down my PC quite a bit when copying files. Defender is hard to use and set up, so I wanted to use Kaspersky free AV again, where there are no additional fetuares.

I understand that no manufacturer is likely to recommend this, but it used to work. Now I installed Kaspersky free in virtual PC to the stable Comodo firewall and it works.

I’ll try it with Comodo’s beta as well. Is it possible to download a standalone Comodo firewall anymore?

i radek178,

Thank you for reporting.
Below link is the CFW stable version.
https://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/8050/standalone/cfw_installer.exe
For CFW beta you can download CIS beta from the top post of this topic, while installing CIS beta just uncheck the AV component so that firewall component only get installed.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi!

When can we expect the final of the new version?

hi @megaherz33 , we aim to publish one last beta at the end of December 2023 (date is not finalized yet) and after that, we aim to push the final (stable) version - around late January or early February 2024.

1 Like

Will a separate firewall be available?

Ok, so after I installed that CIS beta and unchecked AV component before installation, it actually installs only Firewall, which makes me happy.
And, surprise, surprise, no cmdagent.exe problem for few days now.

Hi uzz,

Thank you for sharing the information.
Kindly monitor and report back if the cmdagent.exe consumes high cpu usage.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

What is your opinion on using Comodo stable on Win 11?

Hi khanyash,

Thank you for reporting.
let me check with the team and update you.
FYI: Some users were using CIS in Win 11 without any issues whereas some had compatability issue.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

1 Like

I don’t have any issues running .8012 on my Windows 11 machine.

I’ve tried the Beta out and it runs well, just waiting on further fixes and advanced mode / display scale fix for the new UI. Anyway, .8012 runs quite flawlessly at my end if only a slight delay before the icon shows after a reboot.

Re: New UI in Beta - My Laptop 1920 x 1200 with a scale of 125% but while no issue with other apps it needs resizing to everything fits and is visible instead of looking like I’m accessing it from a mobile phone.

2 Likes

Hi khanyash,

FYI: The upcoming CIS release will be compatible with Win 11.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

2 Likes

I have one issue, it is not an issue, but Comodo doesn’t turn off Windows firewall, so I trurn it off. Otherwise there will be 2 firewalls running at once

Not sure why Comodo doesn’t turn off Windows firewall? Cause Comodo firewall still works perfectly even after turning off Windows firewall.

Is Windows firewall required for Comodo firewall to work? If not, can you turn off Windows firewall when enabling Comodo Firewall please.

Here Comodo was correctly detected as 3rd party firewall (Windows deactivates Defender Firewall but does not disable Defender Firewall alltogether though). But there is an inconsistency in Windows where in one place it shows the Windows firewall is active, and in another place it shows it correctly as inactive.

versus

While the Windows Firewall Service is still running, Windows Firewall is deactivated. The two co-exist and disabling Windows Firewall can cause issues. The message in the Security Centre is the correct status and Comodo Firewall is protecting you.