Comodo Internet Security 2024 v12.3.1.8104 beta

Hi RamboNTanga,

Thank you for reporting.
We are aware of this issue.
Ticket ID: CS-49869.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

1 Like

There is a possible date for the release of the version 2024 as stable?
The current CIS how old is, when was released?

I hope to be able to see the new version as stable.
I’m using CIS stable but I think its a very old version that maybe never get update since long time :slight_smile:

hi @peopleinside , the current Beta version was released on October 23rd. We aim to publish one last beta version at end of December, including a lot of bugfixes as we did previously, and then we plan to roll out the stable version of Comodo Internet Security 2024 on January or at latest early February 2024.

2 Likes

Have we seen a lot of bug fixes in current Beta which took almost three years to come out? No.
How can you resolve a lot of bugs in just a month time from now? Impossible.

1 Like

So many.

Too expensive time.

Put a crowdin in place or something like that. No?

@ilgaz @elif.bengi Would you be so kind and provide us with a full bug status list for the current 8104 beta from the release versions 8012/8032 for the ones reported here List of current bugs and not already covered here Comodo Internet Security 2024 v12.3.1.8104 beta? That way, users and beta testers save time not having to report bugs or problems that are already (being) solved and can re-test fixes, whilst you get less repeated queries and better inputs for the development of the third CIS 2024 beta and beyond. Thanks in advance!

hi @infosec, sure. We will provide such list asap.

1 Like

First v12.3.1.8104 firewall impressions running on Windows 10 Pro 22H2:

1. The tray icon tends to become invisible (while remaining clickable) unless traffic animation effects are turned on under firewall settings.

2. It takes a minimum 4 clicks to open advanced settings. Surely there must be a better way.

Hi kotsius,

Thank you for reporting.
We will check and report this to the team.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi C.O.M.O.D.O RT, can you please address the above VPN question? It’s been asked on the forums multiple times and there’s still no a definitive answer. Do you have any near-future plans to add support for popular VPN solutions like OpenVPN and WireGuard? Just a simple “yes” or “no” would suffice. Thanks in advance.

Hi fcab,

Thank you for reporting.
From the above statement we understood that CIS doesn’t support wintun/wireguard adapter driver, we are aware of this issue and team is working on it.
Do we missed something else to understand ? if so kindly let us know with detailed information.
Steps to reproduce & any screenshot would be helpful.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

hi @fcab , yes we have plans for supporting more VPN drivers, but our current focus is on fixing existing bugs on the Beta release to provide you a stable version as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

3 Likes

Its been awhile since I been here. I really dont like the layout setup compared to the old forum, but anyway
My machine
Windows 11 22H2 12 gen
12th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-12650H 2.30 GHz

I dont want to write on what already has been said, but to get back on topic
I uninstalled CIS Pro v12.2.2.8012 so I can Install the beta version

There were quite a bit of leftovers and I ran the comodo cleanup tool. Heres what was left (I know some of it is not important

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\DefaultAccount\Current\default$windows.data.apps.appmetadata$appmetadatalist\windows.data.apps.appmetadata$comodo internet security

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\DefaultAccount\Current\default$windows.data.apps.appmetadata$appmetadatalist\windows.data.apps.appmetadata$comodo secure_shopping_list_uninstall

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\DefaultAccount\Current\default$windows.data.apps.appmetadata$appmetadatalist\windows.data.apps.appmetadata$comodoise

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\FirstBoot\Services\CmdAgent

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\FirstBoot\Services\CmdAgentProt

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\FirstBoot\Services\cmdboot

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\FirstBoot\Services\cmderd

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\FirstBoot\Services\cmdGuard

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\FirstBoot\Services\cmdhlp

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\FirstBoot\Services\cmdvirth

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\FirstBoot\Services\inspect

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\FirstBoot\Services\isedrv

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\FirstBoot\Services\isesrv

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BFE\Parameters\Policy\Persistent\Callout
{ff132ac1-0ba3-4619-9f44-1520ce2027bd}
{ba620d6d-c705-4574-b088-be84f0aaafc4}
{a5105a61-29c0-48f6-a800-f7c6d5d5a9e1}
{9200fe7c-1524-47ec-802b-6790340d088a}
{7c4a4f81-2f8c-4a2e-a251-839bf8f9697e}
{7bbe03fc-ecc3-4763-909f-a33bec47509d}
{6188bb80-e1f6-4a74-b96c-8285b632f821}
{2e5d3da1-e40a-460a-8dd4-bd6e95ca9bac}
{256f2e60-cfb2-4782-aaca-61a6551b40ab}
{019b4951-14d0-4ea9-92c8-1e22dbbbdb55}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BFE\Parameters\Policy\Persistent\Provider
registry string - {36d5bcc1-49cc-4748-8e5b-3c178d6a2555}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BFE\Parameters\Policy\Persistent\Filter
registry string - {e8b38b40-73d1-4f26-9b95-8f7aa488ad0b}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Provider\Av{05BC7AB5-FF0E-71EC-1054-15DA19B62DC7}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Provider\Fw{3D87FB90-B561-70B4-3B0B-BCEFE7656ABC}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartupApproved\Run\COMODO Autostart {D5EFF3B3-E126-4AF6-BCE9-852A72129E10}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartupApproved\Run\COMODO Internet Security Installer

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartupApproved\Runvdcss

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders
registry string - C:\Program Files\COMODO
registry string - C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security
registry string - C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\themes
registry string - C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\translations\

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
registry string - COMODO Internet Security Installer

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21---****-\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Store\C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\Autoruns.exe

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21---****-\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Store\Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\Autoruns.exe

In the hardrive

C:\Users\master\AppData\Roaming\Comodo\Autorun Analyzer

(This asked for adminitrator permission)
C:\Windows\System32\Tasks_Migrated\COMODO\COMODO Autostart {----}
C:\Windows\System32\Tasks_Migrated\COMODO\COMODO CMC {----}
C:\Windows\System32\Tasks_Migrated\COMODO\COMODO Maintenance {----}
C:\Windows\System32\Tasks_Migrated\COMODO\COMODO Scan {----}
C:\Windows\System32\Tasks_Migrated\COMODO\COMODO Signature Update {----}
C:\Windows\System32\Tasks_Migrated\COMODO\COMODO Telemetry {----}
C:\Windows\System32\Tasks_Migrated\COMODO\COMODO Update {----}

C:\Users*******\AppData\Local\Temp\comodocss_temp_setup

C:\Users*******\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\Tombstones\COMODO Secure Shopping (2).ink

C:\Users*******\AppData\Local\Temp\cis50fc6

C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\CIS_{----}

Maybe These entries can be added to the Uninstaller and comodo cleanup tool

On a different note
C:\Program Files\COMODO\Dragon\bundles\ccav_installer.exe <----Comodo Cloud Anti-Virus has been discontinued for many years, is it time to remove it. Its a 9 megabyte file??

Ill provide more feedback later

1 Like

Hi jay2007tech,

Thank you for reporting.
We will check and report this to the team.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Why in the beta version of the CIS, CCE and KillSwitch versions old?

1 Like

hi @megaherz33 , we are using the existing CCE and KillSwitch components in the new CIS 2024.

Will that remain? Or wil they be updated in when CIS 2024 is released?

On another note. I’ve been using the beta for about 2 weeks now, and apart from the issues I reported, it has been running stable. I did not test everything however, as I’m only using the firewall.

Will there be a firewall only product in the final version?

Yes as always you’ll be able to install the firewall alone.

Hi!
The latest beta is stable enough for use right now!? or I should wait more for stable release :melting_face:

Although the current beta build is stable, if you are going to install on a production system, Best Practice is to:
1). Wait for the officially released version
2). Uninstall the old version
3). Install the officially released version and do not import previous configurations (start fresh).

2 Likes