Comodo Internet Security 2020 v12.2.2.7098 Released

So, did a fresh install of Windows 10 Enterprise (20H2) 19042.746 yesterday and first installed CIS 12.2.2.7062, it refused to show the taskbar icon (and no it wasn’t there, just blank, it just wasn’t there).

Did a clean install of CIS 12.2.2.7098 and the taskbar icon shows up.

Hi,

Windows 7 user here. After updating to the latest CIS have an issue where the firewall filtering stops working after a few days.

The inbound/outbound will both show 0 and blocked applications are able to access the network. A clean uninstall and reinstall fixes this but the issue comes back after a few days again. Has anyone faced this issue before?

it is indeed the wisest solution at the moment. However, bugfixes should be provided more quickly.

My issue with this update is that after no reboot for a while (for me soon month ago) CIS icon vanishes from taskbar (CIS itself is still running) so needs to do bit extra clicking to unblock app.

If you used the widget it wouldn’t be easier?

I turn off my PC every night. Reading the forum, I feel like an exception.

Just to confirm:

This most recent update of Comodo still doesn’t work with:

• WSL1/2

• VPN TAP Driver installation

• ImDisk unless using exFAT

Any idea when these regressions from the version (12.0.0.6882) will be remedied?

As I seldom used the vpn/wsl I didn’t notice any other problems than the ones I had with ImDisk after I installed 12.2.2.7062 and got 100% CPU related to NTFS, but having checked the threads now and looked for a solution I had with installing a TAP driver, I came to these forums to see that it too broke, and what would also explain why my WSL2 installation stopped working (for the times I needed it).

don’t like widget.

it can take a while to computer being usable after start so no shut downs.

Same issue with the tray icon on my end. I’m also running Win10 Pro x64 (19042.746) on all my devices. Some devices I get the empty placeholder, others the icon is missing all together. I’ve noticed the icon seems to load sometimes if you wait a few minutes before signing in.

ImDisk is working fine on my end.

Comodo internet security stable;
Protections:
. antimalware
. virtualization (protection of future)
. hips
. desktop virtual
. firewall is better
. comodo secure shopping (protection total in sites of email and acess where is requires username and password)…

Hi,

Up > Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 19042.804
No prob.

Avoid use more of a security software (use two security software, can cause crashes, bluescreen, malfunction in system and others programs)… :-TU

I don’t agree people should avoid using security programs by different vendors. There are a few things to take into account and willingness to observe your computer’s stability and those interested should be good to go. There is guarantee all combinations will work nor is there a guarantee all combination will fail.

I had the same error as some others when trying to update from 7062 to 7098 on several of my Win 8.1 PC’s. Switching to http://us4.download.comodo.com solved that issue, is that considered to be a permanent fix?

EDIT: I checked the rest of my PC’s (5 running Win 8.1, 1 Win 10). The only PC that was able to auto update itself was one running Win 8.1 behind a VPN. All the others had to have the URL changed to point to us4 before the update could successfully be downloaded and installed.

same problem with try icon Win10 Pro x64 (19042.804)
also keep reporting update to do, tried to change update server but did not solve it

With HIPS on no problems with Windows-Updates.

i go tested in next update of windows… :-TU

I have been running with HIPS on lately (CruelComodo otherwise), and will only turn it off if I need to install software.

Comodo internet security stable, safe…
Comodo internet security protected against keyloggers, screenloggers, webcamlogger ( types of spywares);
Comodo secure shopping and desktop virtual prevent stolen data;
firewal is better and protect of acess not authorized;

Anyone know next updates release date? Want WSL2 + OpenVPN without django-bongo dances…