Comodo Internet Security 2019 v12.2.2.7062 Beta 2 is now available for download

Happens to all us fallible folk now and them 88)

I noticed that if Win10 is in “silent mode” - no annoying notifications and this “crescent moon” in the system tray present - the sandboxing notifications are also hidden. It’s not an issue itself, but when I access the sidebar and see the sandboxing question and answer it as “Allow”, this isn’t honored by CIS next time I start the to-be-otherwise-sandboxed installer. I have to make CIS notifications forcibly show to circumvent this.

Also, could I kindly ask for separate current CCE archives, even if it’s beta? The official links scattered all over the CIS forum direct me to pretty outdated ones.

This is probably the latest version Comodo Cleaning Essentials (CCE) Version 11.0 - Download | The Security Products

Thank you, it’s 10.0.0.6111 version though.
I wanted to avoid installing x86 version of Windows in a virtual machine, but it seems it’s the only way for now. :slight_smile:

CIS 12.2.2.7062 Beta 2
Win 10 x 64 Pro-20Н2 (19042.546)
No problems

Glitch in the AV update dialogue screen I have only seen once. See attached image.

Nearly a day and a half with no Signature updates . . . . very unusual

Edit: Last Signature update at 7.18am on the 30th and a Scan is not downloading an update either. Pauses at 1.7% then nothing and continues the scan w/o an update

I wouldn’t want anything communicating on the internet until CIS loads anyway. Especially since I use CFW as a backup killswitch for my VPN.

I’ve come to terms with the fact that CFW/CIS/CAV’s tray icon just isn’t reliable. I use the widget to be sure that it’s running. And besides, the tray icon turning invisible doesn’t affect functionality so much…at least not as long as the widget still works

Is the thing to allow sandboxed apps to access the clipboard fixed now? Does it actually work?

If not, that’s two build versions in a row where people on here said it would be fixed and it didn’t get fixed.

how CIS would be able to securely process files before the core CIS processes load.
https://cdn.download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/updates/release/inis_5150/release_notes.html

specifically

Version 12.0.0.6810 22 March 2019
Comparing to previous release CIS 11.0.0.6744

New
− Full Microsoft Redstone 5 Support.
− Long path and case sensitive filenames support.
− ELAM protection.</blockquote>

ELAM = Early Launch Anti-malware

By being launched first by the kernel, ELAM is ensured that it is launched before any other third-party software. It is, therefore, able to detect malware in the boot process itself and prevent it from loading or initializing.
So if the tray icon for comodo shows up or not or just blank, your safe. Windows trying to properly display comodo icon is totally different then the comodo componets protecting you.

comodo killSwitch cannot be downloaded and installed.

Wrong installation package

The comodo network has not been able to communicate with the Asian region.

This problem is because I turned on the US IP proxy, so I can upgrade the virus database. Added 127.0.0.1:1080 in Settings-Update-Proxy Host, which caused the built-in comodo software to fail to download.

If I do not turn on the agent, the virus database is difficult to upgrade successfully.

The comodo network has been unable to communicate well with the Asian region.

I need to use 4 hours to download these things slowly.

Our communication with the United States, Japan, South Korea, Australia is very good, and the speed can reach 1-2Mb/S.

Has anybody noticed performance improvements when using the light database?

I see moderate improvements when opening of a folder with lots of installer and archives the parsing of the files as can be seen by the speed with which icons show, when switching between programs (it is snappier), scanning and processing by SUMO (Software Update Monitor application) and it sometimes when browsing although the latter is not a very reliable ‘measurement’. These are impressions based on experience.

Thank you all for your feedback.
Thank you EricJH.

Hi squareas,

In order to use killSwitch please configure host to beta server.

178.255.86.194 download.comodo.com
178.255.86.194 www.download.comodo.com

Comodo Cleaning Essentials swears at CIS ;D

Hi DeathCat,

Thanks for reporting. We’ll check this.