Comodo Internet Security 2019 v12.2.0.6938 Beta 1 is available for testing

Hi All,

We are pleased to announce that Comodo Internet Security 2019 v12.2.0.6938 Beta 1 is now available for download and testing.

Setup Details:
In order to install online setups, please ensure you have following entries in Windows hosts (c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts) file:

178.255.86.194 download.comodo.com
178.255.86.194 www.download.comodo.com

Comodo Internet Security 2019 64 bit:
http://178.255.86.194/cis/download/installs/7050/web/cispremium_installer.exe

Size: 5.5M ( 5711080 )
MD5: a1ac7bb249202c920a14304e42de73c9
SHA1: c7b40fcd61ec9c3d1431a7e2448fe7507ffb69c0

Fixed:
- Defect preventing correct uninstall related to folder protection.
- Installation issues with Kill Switch and CCE installation problem.
- Defect causing intermittent freezing.

• Fixed:

• Improved folder protection.
  • Known Issues:

• Folder protection becomes disabled after installing CCE or Kill Switch but will become enabled again after a reboot.

We’re releasing this before all issues are fixed to get feedback about the freezing issues reported in 6918.

Please give your valuable feedback! :-TU

Thanks,
Shane

CIS v 12.2.0.6938
Installed, there are no freezes. Everything works perfectly.:-TU :-TU :-TU
Windows 10 1909 (476) Pro x64

thanks about it. hope stable version will soon. waiting

When I click on the link I get this warning:

Website blocked due to a suspicious download Download blocked from: 178.255.86.194

Malwarebytes Browser Guard blocked this website because it may contain scam activity.
We strongly recommend you do not continue.

Of course I will download it - maybe too careful of mbam!

false of course. MBAM think something mess up.

Mbam have a lot of false positives, paranoid)))

Diagnostics gives an error

He blocked the class “Printing devices”, and his Canon MF-4140 MFP, then added it to the exceptions.

Upgraded over 6914 - which has been running w/o any problems since release

It asked / required an uninstall of 6914, so used the new version of the Uninstall utility and everything went as normal. Nice fast download of AV and Scan, then couple of reboots to import the saved Config and update the Recognizers Working well so far - KillSwitch, Virtual Desktop and CSS as well

Only thing I’ve noticed so far is that 6914 allowed the Vendor list to be trimmed very easily by choosing one - Shift Key - Scrolling through however many and checking the last one. All were then marked for deletion or whatever was desired

6938 doesn’t allow this and is back to the old method of checking each one, although some odd method Shift + Space and Mouse Click works - sometimes!

Edit: Figured it out - my slightly odd new mouse and keyboard. Works correctly now

Blocked the class of devices USB-drives. I inserted 1 flash drive, put it in exceptions, the PC sees it. I inserted 2 flash drives, added to the exceptions, but the PC does not see it. Why?

Anti-Virus is unable to be unchecked on install. If you are now forcing the AV component, can you allow the user to fully disable it? This includes downloading AV Database updates and having the option to prevent CIS displaying the ‘At Risk’ message when the AV is disabled.

Or just allow the AV to not be installed. I don’t use it nor do I want to.

Using shift to select multiple items works for me even with the vendor list.

The online cispremium_installer.exe has always been like this, the offline installer is the one that allows to de-select the AV. Here is the cfw online installer link if you want just the firewall. http://178.255.86.194/cis/download/installs/7050/web/cmd_fw_installer.exe

really glad to see “beta 1” on tittle… hoping for beta 2 and maybe an 3 just in case… so we end up with the best security solution once again.

download link

With this Beta, it’s back to the Security Centre notification that pops up the message that Antivirus and Firewall are turned off. They’re obviously not, as if I disable them giving the ‘At Risk’ on the GUI and then turn them back on via the Security Centre - they’re back on. but the Security Centre doesn’t show that

Its the old glitch of course and I ignore it, although I did reset the Security Centre just to see but that had no effect

Interestingly on my system I can get rid of that warning by opening the Comodo GUI and just switching from advanced view to basic view - or vice versa.

the same as 6886… checking the directories that have been excluded, why? It used to be okay in the past

So did I, too!

Downloading, installing, cleaning essentials - no any problems. But the three days haven’t gone yet! :wink: 88)

Many, many thanks to the team! I really appreciate their work.

To my comment number 9. It earned, the PC began to detect the 2nd flash drive. :-TU

Two times BSOD

Closed in virtual desktop Dragon, virt. Desktop closed, after a while virt. Desktop does not start, reset selected: BSOD
Same thing with another configuration - BSOD

New attempt: no more BSOD, tried several times.

Cisdumps is empty

Win10 64 bit 1903(18362.476)

Edit: Very often I had to go through this procedure meanwhile. Not as a test, but from everyday surfing. No more BoSDs.