Comodo Internet Security 2019 v12.0.0.6882 – Released

I can’t get comodo.com at all and I don’t use other sites for the off-line installer.

The off-line version is needed for devices that don’t yet have a firewall - I remember being instructed, with one update, to uninstall the f/w then go on line to re-install! Takes how many minutes for malware to get you?

So far all working fine at my end with Proactive default config enabled inc HIPs and Windows 10 - 1903.

Eric

It will be somewhere in the upcoming weeks:

My netbook is still on 6818 and does not receive the update yet. Both my Windows 10 installations on my desktop received the update. I got notified by the automatic program updater.

If you don’t want to wait export your configuration to a folder that is not part of the CIS installation folders and unistall CIS. Then reboot and install 6882, import and activate the saved profile and reboot once the initial scan is done.

:-TU

In my Win10 1903 x64 system I’m using Comodo Free 10.1.0.6476 (firewall only).
When checking for updates it says there is version 11.0.0.6744 available, with no mention to version 12.

Does that mean that if I want to switch to version 12 (keeping all my settings) I must first, necessarily, update to version 11 ?
Or shall I just have to wait for the direct online v12 update to become available also from my running v10?

A question to experienced users:
do you think that v11 and v12 have actually introduced significant improvements in the firewall (firewall only) functions and performance compared to v10?

Staff. Could you comment?

A question to experienced users: do you think that v11 and v12 have [b]actually[/b] introduced significant improvements in the firewall (firewall [b]only[/b]) functions and performance compared to v10?
Version 12 brought more performance in various aspects of the suite is because Comodo reviewed the code (code refactoring). There are no new functions added to the firewall. And of course there are security fixes when upgrading to v 12.

Used the offline installer this morning to update, during the install (over the last version) it hung up at 41%, after a while it did ask to restart.

I restarted, but no Comodo was there, re ran the installer, got done this time and again restarted, Comodo runs OK as I can tell, however it took a while for the data base to re download for some reason it seems to remove the entire data base during the install.

Now the strange issue is that it never seems to go past 90% when running the install of the signatures. I’ve ran it several times now by clicking the little icon “last update”, it goes through everything as usual but only keeps showing the 90% on install signatures and ends up showing the red x error next to install signatures.

I’m not sure if running a full scan would clear that up, or if I renamed the data base and let it go through the download again, which with DSL take a long time. I’ll attempt to run a scan first to see.

OK well seems it doesn’t like running a scan if the signatures aren’t updated, so the scan aborted. Will try renaming the file.

You are using too old of a CIS version to update to v12, the minimum version you need to have in order to update to v12 is v11.0.0.6744.

Where is this data base again? I looked in the programs folder under Comodo at the database folder, but its empty W10x64 Pro 1903 latest

OK found the file, renamed it, but this doesn’t trigger a new download, it just goes into installing signatures as usual when I click on scan, which goes to a point and aborts the scan. So for some reason signatures are not installing on this update for me.

Sounds like you need to do a full fresh install. Did you delete temporary files in between installations? I’d suggest that and maybe using the Uninstaller tool if you still have issues after trying to install again. I find if I haven’t at least deleted temporary files (simply done via Settings>>System>>Storage Sense.

The Uninstaller info is here: Comodo Forum

Yes, I did a complete uninstall. Someone in the forum said that the unsigned driver was a known problem with Win7.

Knowing about problems with online updating and with updating “over the top”, I always perform only a clean offline installation with the import of the configuration.

I have a problem I did a fresh install of CIS (uninstall and install) and I sellected in the installation the Comodo Internet Security Essential (ISE) component. When the installation finished, ISE is not installed. I tried twice, and I got the same result.

Why?

Thanks.

If you’ve previously uninstalled ISE for some reason it doesn’t install again. Not sure why but this has always been the case with CIS. Anyway, you can run the installer from c:\program data\comodo\installer as it downloads the latest installer if ISE is ticked during installation. Use the downloaded installer I’ve just mentioned as website distributes an old version.

Eric

THANKS a lot!!! Problem solved. ISE have been installed using this way.

Have a nice summer!

not sure if normal and no big deal,but first time i noticed this behavior;
i dragged a bunch of files from my phone to the desktop and two of them got hidden under the widget,
i wasn’t aware of them until i saw them in file explorer/desktop.

Thanks for your answer.
So in the end, if I’m not mistaken, as long as I keep using just the firewall’s main functions the upgrade from 10 to 12 would not bring any substantial benefits, as I guess the “security fixes” mostly pertain other CIS modules (antivirus and so on).
Or does the “more performance” brought by the refactored v12 actually and considerably affect also the firewall module?

PS. I’d like to point out I am not complaining or criticizing in any way. I just try to keep my system as “light” and efficient as I can, avoiding to install programs which are heavier than actually needed (by me), especially when they are running all the time and strictly interact with the main OS. :]

Thanks.
What about the firewall settings?
If I totally uninstall v10 and then install v12 from scratch (which maybe would be the best choice), will I be able to import in v12 the firewall settings exported from v10?
Or shall I anyway go through v11?