Comodo Internet Security 2019 v12.0.0.6818 – Released

The ‘Internet Security has detected a crash!’ please Report This window had a link to the crash dump report that would be sent. I did sit and wait for the time it took my text editor to load and display the 320 Mb file, but it singularly failed to express anything about what had caused the crash in any format I can read and understand (though the Comodo mail box should be full of the bunch of them I clicked to send).

Have to give up now. Too much pain.

Someone to answer on this?
It’s still the same situation.

“Achievement” :wink:

I spent a lot of time to eliminate (my) problems with CIS 12.

• frozen after opening the file list - no more problem

• dashboard in vodafone couldn’t be opend - no more problem

• CIS froze - no more problem

• unrecognized comodo files in the file list - solved

• forgotten: blue screen - I have to wait!

“Now I’m waiting for the next problems.” ;D :wink:

So - all my problems mentioned here (waiting for help) are solved.

I don’t know what the reason is.

Has the comodo-staff improved CIS (anyway, thank you for your effort and help)or what I had done? No matter, now CIS runs as I want it.

Hello,
In order to know the malfunctions, it is necessary to use the diagnostics module
Menu> Help> Support> Diagnostics

I created diagnostics report and it showed this error:

In the concrete:

Everything else is ok.

What this means?Why SecurityProductInformation.ini is missing?

Hi Metheni, are there any news?

So … ‘Internet Security has detected a crash!’ window opening straight after login, then frequently again and again, no idea what is actually crashing. Firewall and containment gone nuts blocking things they shouldn’t and not notifying. Windows not recognising Comodo firewall and antivirus are on for many minutes.Then System Restore to before update wouldn’t work, stuck on registry, first time for me in 20 years. Then system restore in safe mode did complete, but Comodo still says it’s 6818 and 'Internet Security has detected a crash!'ing. Now waiting for C drive backup recovery to finish - first time I’ve had to use a backup in 36 years using computers. Pain, meds fog, can’t think, type best remove Comodo when backup recovery done, this so frakked up.

Check in the C: \ Program Files \ COMODO \ COMODO Internet Security directory
If the SecurityProductInformation.ini file is found
Here are the details of the file:

[Products]
Name = COMODO Internet Security
Company = Comodo Security Solutions, Inc.
PathToSignedReportingExe = C: \ Program Files \ COMODO \ COMODO Internet Security \ cfpconfg.exe
Version = 12.0.0.6818
Environment = Both
Runtime_platform = ALL
Upgrade = FALSE

If absent
I post it under zip
Unzip and place it in C: \ Program Files \ COMODO \ COMODO Internet Security
Restart the PC and make a diagnostics

Thank you for your answer, I supposed that and on win xp and win 10 it seems right but on win 7 -64 ultimate:

and another problem on windows 7 ultimate 64: sometimes when I boot system, action center sends a security message that AntiSpy is off and asks me to turn on CIS or windows defender.

Thank you ZorKas very much for your effort.
Yes, SecurityProductInformation.ini was missing, but I solved the problem with the installation of v12.0.0.6818 over existing v12.0.0.6818 updated from v11.0.0.6744.Although I didn’t face any problem with the program functioning.Now diagnostics shows that everything is ok.
The only thing that bothers me is that I lost my File rating File list.But sadly, that’s always the case when you import old configuration settings after fresh install or install over older version (or even over the same version).

So apparently version 12 will be in beta state for another 3 months at least huh?

Only can wish you luck over your hard work, I can’t wait for version 13 :3

I have 2 different systems running Comodo Firewall 11.0.0.6744 Both of these installs show that there is an update. However, the update stops downloading at 4%, clicking on the “View Logs” link gives:

Error: 0x80030201 - The file download was aborted abnormally. The file is incomplete.

How do I solve this to receive the latest update?

Hi Avos,

Our developers are working on it, most probably the fix will be released in the scope of next major release.

Hi Cynical Sickle,

Thank you for reporting, our developers are working on it.

Hi Cynical Sickle,

Could you please check your Inbox for private message and provide the requested logs.

Hi DavidGB,

Could you please check your PM and provide us the requested logs.

I am currently running version 11.0.0.6744. For the last three days, whenever I try the “Update” button, it downloads about 4% of the file and then I get the following error:

“Error: 0x80030201 - The file download was aborted abnormally. The file is incomplete.”

Please assist.

I just noticed that user Cynical Sickle (above) reported the same issue.

Here are a couple of Comodo Internet Security Trace log entries (going back to February 4th) I found (repeated many times) in the Windows Event Viewer:

"Error HTTP read from download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/stl/authroot.stl.7z, httpCode: 404 Error Code: 0x80070002 (The system cannot find the file specified.)

Error HTTP read from download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/stl/whitelist.json.7z, httpCode: 404 Error Code: 0x80070002 (The system cannot find the file specified.)"

Whenever a new major version is released it is the recommended action to do a clean install of the new version. Also I’m not sure why people are still on 6744 when 6802 was offered as an update to existing v11 users. I know I was able to update from 6802 to this build using the program updater without any issues.

Thank you for the reply futuretech. I have successfully used the updater for the last several updates. I typically only perform a clean install when I reinstall Windows 10, which I haven’t done for a couple of releases now. I’m pretty sure I am actually running the Hotfix version of 6744, although it doesn’t state that when I look in the About dialog box. As for version 6802, it is not even listed in the release notes found here: Comodo Internet Security Release Notes

If 6802 was offered it was only briefly and then removed from autoupdate, if you did get it thru there, because of issues I believe.